Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

Something for ja2 and xcom fans

One Allied and one German.

Now the English demo release is even closer according to latest news (it was finished long time ago but the Jowood jokers delayed it for some reason)

BM

For those who have not tried the demo yet here are some reasons:

bushes actually move when you run by

objects are destructable(realistically)

you can pick up bodys and move them

There are full dead body effects

You can do just about anything really.

A funny thing I noticed is in the training hall, I picked up the body of the man i killed in the small trench and walked around inside the trench, his arms were flopping around like crazy bouncing off the sides. It looks a lot like the object bounce in OFP. ;) Do these Eastern developers have a problem with some laws of energy and motion? tounge_o.gif

Do you guys hear any speech from the character in the training mission? I don't get squat.

EDIT: I did enable it in the settings.

Hehhe

[*]fully deformable geometry, realistic object destruction: if you blow up part of a lower storey, the upper ones will collapse depending on the specific construction design

Could you tell me wich menus I can set that on (do I need to set it at all?)? That never happened to me yet, I use grenades rather sparsely. I can't wait for the English demo, as the Russian one is rather frustrating when you accidentaly delete your save game when trying to load it tounge_o.gif

(Wrote the menu order down now, so that ain't a problem anymore though)

When you are at the main screen or in the main menu select

[*]HACTPONKN which is nastroiki or nastrojki SETTINGS

then select [*]3BYK on the left

then on the bottom right you have the options:

[*]PENnNKN NEPCOHAXEN which is PERSONNEL REPLIES (AFAIK)

and

[*]CYbTNTPN PENnNK NEPCOHAXEN which is PERSONNEL REPLY SUBTITLES

sorry the roman alphabet isn't exactly great for this. smile_o.gif

Just above the last 2 options you have your sound system setup in a drop down list, its EBYKOBAR CNCTEMA

mono,

stereo,

headphones,

quadra,

(some stuff),

and 5.1

Personally I don't know yet, I haven't done any serious combat, just training so far. That particular point i got from their feature description, I got a big smile on my face when I read that. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

EDIT: Ahh that Fallout, not demolition fallout or radioactive fallout...

Fallout is good, although quite hard to get ahold of. But Fallout2 is also good, quite easy to get ahold of.

Thanks for the menu guide bn880. Much appriciated smile_o.gif

Ok, anyone having trouble with russian menus should head over to this Nival Thread for the English translated captures. biggrin_o.gif Looks like the English demo should be distributed fairly soon, but we'll see.

Actually the English demo MAY appear on Fileplanet anytime from now. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Ok English demo is on Fileplanet!!

and i was looking for people to host... rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

and i was looking for people to host...  rock.gif   biggrin_o.gif

14 minutes in row, that queue system is just another way to let us show more ads... mad_o.gif

and i was looking for people to host...  rock.gif   biggrin_o.gif

14 minutes in row, that queue system is just another way to let us show more ads... mad_o.gif

Well, duh biggrin_o.gif

I'm not totally mad at the Fileplanet que thing. For one, it gives you a pretty good speed when it's your turn and it prevents leeching/four thousand people downloading at the same time. It also conserves bandwith and money for them while providing a pretty good download service on the other.

Fileshack has the file. If you wish, you could try them. They usually have shorter waiting lines but have speed limits I think.

Well I think i may have some bad news for JA2 fans:

They improperly advertized the soldiers as mercenaries. They are not for hire but members of a platoon you simply pick from. There is no money system. Apparently you can not configure body armor. It looks like there will be no weapon modifications. The developers also said something about...

Quote[/b] ]Will bodies dissapear after a while?

No, as long as you stay at that map. You can't return to previously visited map.

crazy_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Are the all of the allied weapons are availbable on your base at alll times?or as the game progreses you get a shipment of those silenced stens with match grade barrels? How is this issues handled?

No, you won't have all the weapons available at the beginning of the game. And you won't be able to jump into the panzerklein and blow everything up. The availability of weapons is simply the question of balancing the game, so I don't think you need any further info about that.

Quote[/b] ]Do you have poisoning gases or smoke grenade? Are they planned? What about gas masks?

During WW2 using a gas was forbidden by Convention and wasn't commonly used, therefore there will be no such weapon in the game. Most likely there will also be no gas masks. Smoke grenade issue is in a stage of discussion.

So, anyway, looks like they improved combat a lot, dropped the rest. wink_o.gif As usual, the originals like with movies are never surpassed...

JA2 Is Jagged Alliance 2, WEBSITE check out the features and screenshots

(sci fi mode is optional, there are not creatures in normal mode ;) )

Lots of strategy, extremely addictive title smile_o.gif

Hmm. Looks like a mix of a platform shooter (á la Commandos) and an RPG. I don't like either, so I guess that it's no game for me. rock.gif

What's ja2 and xcom anyway?  rock.gif

Xcom is a very old but good turn based strategy game where you actually have to save the world from a hostile invasion from aliens. I know, sounds goofy. But it's really cool. You can pick any part of the globe to set up your base(each area's effect income and things like that). You research alien and your own technology as well as build up an armory and weapons. It's all good. I'm sure you can find it for free now since the company died I think.

Hmm. Looks like a mix of a platform shooter (á la Commandos) and an RPG. I don't like either, so I guess that it's no game for me. rock.gif

I guess not, actually I don't normally like what you mentioned either, but JA2 is really different. It sticks to realism quite well also. There are all these character interactions, and deciding who to hire, how, and what weapons to buy where, it's jsut amazing for me.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention, you train militia in cities depending on how much they trust you can help them, then you can fight together with them to defend cities. And you can even put together a robot at one point. (although not custom)

JA2 is simply one of the best games ever made (after 20 years one has alot of candidates to choose from <g>). UFO Enemy Unknown is a close second.

SS comes close but whether it surpasses remains to be seen, the strategic layer might be weaker. Though; That's what sequels are good for smile_o.gif.

But; Don't forget the officially supported MOD ability.

I'm already looking forward to;

-SWAT mods

-Wild West

-Sci Tactical ala Laser Squad.

But like that other guy said. This game wont appeal to those who want fast shooters. This a game type that more appeals to tactical wargamers/simmers.

BM

JA2 rules, period. smile_o.gif

Waiting for the FP download now...

@Bn880: All those "faults" you mentioned (you weren´t so happy about them, maybe?) seem pretty realistic, they could only MAYBE be implemented if you were some kind of partisan group? Money, mercs, returning to maps with a commando team...when are you going to have access to those in a real war, fighting for a real army as opposed to making your own as in JA2 wink_o.gif

And no-one said that it was going to be JA3, if it´s half as good I´ll be pretty happy smile_o.gif

I just tried the demo and I loved it smile_o.gif

Have you tried reading your character´s bios? Try reading the German sniper´s one... crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

The combat system is copied DIRECTLY from JA2, and I mean completely, but that´s just a good thing. The graphics are VERY nice but it´s a shame that it works sluggishly on my system. Every time I shoot an enemy the game freezes for a few seconds and when I scroll around the map I always have a lot of HD access and constant freezing up. I think I might need more RAM, I´ve got 256 megs "regular" right now. Do you think 256 more would make the game run smoother? I think the only thing that actually gives me low fps in the traditional sense is fire and smoke, otherwise my comp just loads all the time, which is very annoying and frustrating. sad_o.gif