Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Realistic explosion MOD - MP test to BETA 1.92

Great! Hopes Jotte is available tomorrow for a test  biggrin_o.gif

Will let you know how it goes in multiplayer (if some other ppl doesn't tries it first)...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Nice work Goldmember! Just tried the new GMR_explomod_MPtest_to_BETA192.zip with Jotte and I'm happy to say that the new version works in multiplayer biggrin_o.gif

Only thing we noticed was that it could be different results on each client (i.e an object could have burning flames on one client but not on the other) but I assume thats since the random part of the scripts runs local on each client and thus the result and it's a minor thing I can live with tounge_o.gif

At least now all (server and clients) gets the nice improved explosions on impact etc. and it looks really nice. Haven't tried on a dedicated server yet but I assume it will work on that as well...

Really looking forward to an updated MP compatible version of this great addon!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

PS: Any idea what causes the problems with the JAM addon?

This is great news, but dedicated server test need too. And what about lag?

One or two days a finished MP version to all types and build a new feature: secondary ammo explosions for armored vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]

This is great news, but dedicated server test need too.

Will see what I can do.

Quote[/b] ]

And what about lag?

To early for us to tell... The mission we tested with yesterday was just a simple testmission with only two players but in that none of us could notice any lag issues due to the explosions. Maybe someone else tested with a regular/bigger mission?

Quote[/b] ]

One or two days a finished MP version to all types and build a new feature: secondary ammo explosions for armored vehicles.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Looking forward to it and thanks for your dedication!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

PS: Did you see my Q about the JAM issue?

Worked on a dedicated server as well smile_o.gif

Can't really comment on lag yet... Must play some more missions with it and without it to really compare. But the one we played tonight was fully playable and there are quite a few things going on there so it looks OK so far.

BTW, someone knows if it's possible to use "-mod" switch on the dedicated server?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hi !

Hey, Goldmember, did Pitviper give you DynRange cpp, since 1.92b has been released ? Or will he wait till 1.92 final ?

Hope he will, cause I now run GMR1.32 middle, and to cope with the lack of new sounds that were provided by DynRange, I reinstalled Battlesounds1.1 by I-forgot-his-name. But I was really fond of DR smile_o.gif

BTW, I didn't have time to check, did you correct the little problem some of us had with the laser designator ? Effective in 1.32 ?

Thanks mate, I really appreciate what you did!

Very nice mod, goldmember!

A noobish question: is it any way possible to make this work with the FDF mod?

FDF doens't have its own config.bin, but all the other files in finmod/bin folder are modified, I reckon.

FDF doens't have its own config.bin

That's technically true. However, it does have its own config.cpp file, which is simply an unpacked config.bin file.

Thanks for the clarification. I should have mentioned that I dont know jack &%&¤ about modding this game. biggrin_o.gif

Hi !

Hey, Goldmember, did Pitviper give you DynRange cpp, since 1.92b has been released ? Or will he wait till 1.92 final ?

Hope he will, cause I now run GMR1.32 middle, and to cope with the lack of new sounds that were provided by DynRange, I reinstalled Battlesounds1.1 by I-forgot-his-name. But I was really fond of DR smile_o.gif

BTW, I didn't have time to check, did you correct the little problem some of us had with the laser designator ? Effective in 1.32 ?

Thanks mate, I really appreciate what you did!

If we get it that will be after 1.92 final released, I think.

BTW, I don't remember what was the problem about laser designator? Help me!

Very nice mod, goldmember!

A noobish question: is it any way possible to make this work with the FDF mod?

FDF doens't have its own config.bin, but all the other files in finmod/bin folder are modified, I reckon.

We have to give our permission first, but this maybe is not enough because FDF mod very tricky it has own starting exe file too.

We have to give our permission first, but this maybe is not enough because FDF mod very tricky it has own starting exe file too.

Actually, the FDF mod exe file only runs the flashpointresistance.exe with -mod=finmod parameter.

Realistic explosion MOD v1.4

Modified explosion effect (shell,rocket and other) in config.bin and more!

changes to version 1.32

-----------------------

- multiplayer compatibility (need OFP 1.92beta pach or higher)

- secondary ammoexplosion effect to armored vehicles

(probability of this effect is 37%, if you want to change it extract GMR.pbo and open bumm_second.sqs and modify "_probsec" value)

- armored vehicles sometimes exploding without fire effect

(probability of fire effect is 50%, if you want to change it extract GMR.pbo and open expfire_tank.sqs and expfire_apc.sqs and modify "_probfire" value)

link to: GMR_exploMODv1.4.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

GMR_exploMOD directory

OFP version 1.91 required.

Wow... Great work Goldmember!

I really like secondary explosions. Is it possible to make them give off debris and light flashes?

Also is it possible to have the fire effect be delayed sometimes? So you could destroy a tank and just have it smoke for about a minute (fire inside) then have it burst into flames.

I reinstalled Battlesounds1.1 by I-forgot-his-name.

Howdy. wink_o.gif

Hmm, this explosion mod is getting better and better. In fact, the amount of stuff it's changing for the better is increasing with every release. Great work Goldmember.

Was just wondering if anyone realised that the Enhanced Config project had actually released a work-in-progress version of the mod? It's over at OFPEC here, but unfortunately I get the Forbidden message when trying to download it. What interested me the most was that there's an open source version available. Since part of the project includes Dynamic Range, perhaps this open source config includes PV's accurate DR config?

What I would love to see is the Enhanced Config and the Realistic Explosion mod combined into one. That would be sweet. *drool* tounge_o.gif

Wow... Great work Goldmember!

I really like secondary explosions. Is it possible to make them give off debris and light flashes?

Also is it possible to have the fire effect be delayed sometimes? So you could destroy a tank and just have it smoke for about a minute (fire inside) then have it burst into flames.

You really did not seen debrises? But 10 pieces - smallest one - must fly atfer detonation. Burning delay is nice idea,

how was not come to mind earlier.

You really did not seen debrises? But 10 pieces - smallest one - must fly atfer detonation. Or should I give more? Burning delay is cool idea, how was not come to mind earlier.

I see you've never resolved eliminating PUT OUT FIRE from the action menu.

Show me one who did! Those talented BAS team couldn't solve this. Burning blackhawks also has PUT OUT FIRE.

Quote[/b] ]

Realistic explosion MOD  v1.4

Thanks for the update Goldmember!

While testing on the dedicated server yesterday (and again today) we did have one mission where the Realistic explosion MOD caused problems in multiplayer, clients that used it got an CTD when the tanks start to fire on each other.

I don't know if this applies to this mission only since the Realistic explosion MOD 1.4 Beta and 1.4 works fine in the other MP missions we tried so far, however in this particular mission there are lots of armoured units.

The mission is available here if you or someone else wanna try it.

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/testmission.zip

Seems to work fine in SP (or in the editor) but not in MP using Realistic explosion MOD. Happens both with the beta version you released a few days ago and the new 1.4 version.

Also don't know if it helps but this is whats reported in the logfile by OFP...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

=====================================================================

== D:\GAMEPLAY\OPERATION FLASHPOINT\FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE

=====================================================================

Exe version: Fri Aug 22 20:43:48 2003

graphics:  Direct3D HW T&L , Device: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro, Driver:NVDD32.DLL 4.13.1.2832

resolution:  1280x1024x32, w-buffer

Addons:

BAS_derad in bas_derad\, KEGAK103 in kegak103\, KEGrpk47 in kegrpk47\, Bizon in bizon\

Su25 in su25\, SNYSptPack in snysptpack\, 6G30 in 6g30\, BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\

Markers in snysptpack\, bas_mh6185 in bas_lbs185\, BMP2 in bmp2\, KEGrpg7 in kegrpg7\

COCM18A1 in coc_mines\, editorupdate102 in editorupdate102\, Steyr in steyr\

Kozlice in kozl\, AH64 in apac\, bas_deraw in bas_deraw\, bas_weap in bas_weap\

KEGrpk74 in kegrpk74\, Vulcan in vulcan\, KEGmakarov in kegmakarov\

Hydra70 in key_ah64a\, Hunter in hunter\, Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\

MTLB in apcupd\, KEY_AH64A in key_ah64a\, G36a in g36a\, KEGak107 in kegak107\

SoundLDDK in soundlddk\, KEY_Snowstorm in key_snowstorm\, SNYRope in snysptpack\

BRDM in brmd\, LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, XMS in xms\, Ch47D in ch47\

HMMWV in humr\, OH58 in oh58\, BIS_Resistance in o\, COCMine in coc_mines\

COCMinesPut in coc_mines\, M270 in key_ah64a\, saru in saru\, Flags1 in flags\

MM1 in mm-1\, bas_kawa in bas_kawa\, Bradley in m2a2\, bas_soar185 in bas_soar185\

Mods: RES;@explosion

=======================================================

Date: 08/28/03  Time: 21:43:01

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0045AEC0

Version 1.92

Fault address:  0045AEC0 01:00059EC0 D:\GAMEPLAY\OPERATION FLASHPOINT\FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE

file:     CUR_MP)

world:    noe

Prev. code bytes: 8B 54 24 08 56 8B 74 24 08 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00

Fault code bytes: 8A 06 04 3F 46 3C 99 7F 02 04 20 2C 3F 8A C8 8A

Registers:

EAX:00000011 EBX:16626900

ECX:122DC300 EDX:0075F644

ESI:00000011 EDI:109D8A00

CS:EIP:018F:0045AEC0

SS:ESP:0197:00A0F7A4  EBP:00A0F900

DS:0197  ES:0197  FS:2E57  GS:0000

Flags:00210216

=======================================================

Thanks again!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Aren't we nitpicking now wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Well,im glad to say that (in 1.91 in SP) GMR_v1.4 is now compatible with JAM (I had JAM on in my BAS Modfolder) smile_o.gif  Maybe this isnt new but i really couldnt read this thread from a few pages back 'cos my ISP is on a really bad day,ill try it in 1.92 tomorrow.

*Edit: Ooops, allmost forgot...Thank you very much a_goldmember....again wink_o.gif

You really did not seen debrises? But 10 pieces - smallest one - must fly atfer detonation. Burning delay is nice idea,

how was not come to mind earlier.

Sorry Gold, it was my mistake. When i first did my tests i was far away and didnt notice them. Just retested and i see them now.

Again great work!

Aren't we nitpicking now

No, we're perfecting. smile_o.gif

If we get it that will be after 1.92 final released, I think.

BTW, I don't remember what was the problem about laser designator? Help me!

OK, that's what I thought in the first time. But I had to try, too optimistic by nature! So we'll have to wait for final version of 1.92. Shouldn't be that long, hmm ? blues.gif

Let me think about this Laser problem...

I don't know if your mod was the only one responsible for it, though biggrin_o.gif

In fact, the problem is simple: for a time, machine gunners in west squads had no M60, but could still fire, and Laser designator had a problem, for they could'nt designate a single target (as soon as I had the designator in hand, the soldier couldn't stop spinning on himself, weird).

I discussed it in another thread, which I'm too lazy to point to right now wink_o.gif Maybe I'll edit some time or another.

Oh, you did a 1.4, too bad, I can't even download sad_o.gif Not even try it :cry: