Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Something to test out to solve memory map errors

I use pbotool, and it creates a directory called O, but it leaves it empty rock.gif I can't apply kegety's method with these large files...

Use unpbo 1.5 - you will not need to use cutpbo at all, as this tool can unpack Resistance-pbo's without any problems. Pbotool is nice and simple, but it can't handle Resistance pbo files.

Oh man...

I don't have this memory-map problem, but I have another one about the O.pbo file.

I changed the gunsounds in that file and compressed it to o.pbo again, but then something weird happened...

The "grenade-throw" gets stuck and when using pistols you either can't shoot with them or you shoot through you stomach.. rock.gif

It seems that the compression didn't work very well..

I use "stuffPBO"... Is that a shitty program or is there any else out there???

Need help fast...

It seems removing the:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\DTA folder would be an easy solution as that is a big folder and is not used by res. If that works.

I wonder if this has anything to do with why server file check returns false messages for data files so often. mainly when lots of addons are in one folder.

I am not sure what bis did to fix this in 1.92 but maybe it will help with crc check. seems like breaking up those big files would be a big help.

Encountered this Mem.map problem a while ago when trying to have alot of addons on my brothers GF2MX/GF4MX PCs, and the only solution i got working back then was using cutpbo on the o files and it worked most of the time (thus removing some addons is always the best way, sad as it is).

Now, with my old GF3 out the door and my radeon9500 in place, i had to remove about 3/4 of my addons before even getting it to boot. Mod folders served as a ok solution for a few weeks, but that too gets pretty claustrophobic after a while (aka not being able to use any other addons with FDF mod, etc).

Was hoping for a fix in the next patch, but the 1.92 beta thats out now dont seem to really do anything with this problem (expect raising the limit slightly, maybe. cant comfirm that yet. No immediate relief though). I really hope BIS take this problem serious before it do too much damage to the ofp community. With ofp2 at least a year off, we cant live with this problem that long...

BRSSEB

Have anyone here experienced memorymap-errors after installing kegety's winteraddon?

Did 1.92beta help?

I can't seem to do this, I've tried a few times already. could someone who has done this put it up for download somewhere. if not, ill just keep trying.

I heard some thing a about a -nomap start up param it fixed my probs you just drop it on the end of your icon thing like you would -nospalsh or -=mod

-nomap was added in 1.92 and changes the way pbos are loaded into memory (roughly...) smile_o.gif

-nomap was added in 1.92 and changes the way pbos are loaded into memory (roughly...)  smile_o.gif

memory management was further fixed in 1.94. A snippet from 1.94's readme:

Quote[/b] ]***************************************************************************

Stability:

- Various crash opportunities fixed.

- Better handling of virtual memory address space. When this space was exhausted, it could cause a crash or olive

green screen.

i hope someone can help me: (i post here, cause i tried the search and every thread i found has links to here and after that the problem is solved)

i have a radeon9600 pro and get the "cannot create 3d device"-error.

now, heres my question:

1) can this problem be solved with the sollution given in this thread?

2) how can i unPBO and rePBO a .PBO?

Thanks for your help.

btw:

i tried version 1.94, but it didnt solve anything...

Depends on your operating system.

*attempts to use psychic powers*........

Nope sorry I cannot see what operating system you're running, think I need more caffeine and nicotine wink_o.gif

LOL that's ok biggrin_o.gif

Click start>settings>control panel>system>advanced>Performance options>change>

Change however you want then click "set", reboot and you're done. Try setting a min of 750mb and a max of around 1-1.5gb

well, it HAS min 768mb and max 1536mb... but thats the standart-setting...

so this sollution seems not to work for me... could you please answer my first question then?!

Virtual memory should be set to 1.5-2 times your total physical memory. To improve performance kepp the minimum and max the same number to reduce fragmentation when it expands and contracts).

Example -

1024 physical - 2000 min 2000 max Virtual.

512 physical - 1000 min 1000 max virtual.

Also if you strip the page file it also helps, run it from a separate partition that your windows is installed.

i hope someone can help me: (i post here, cause i tried the search and every thread i found has links to here and after that the problem is solved)

now, heres my question:

Thanks for your help.

btw:

can anyone answer these questions, please?

now, heres my question:

Thanks for your help.

btw:

can anyone answer these questions, please?

1) Works for some.

2) Search The FAQ for "tools". Use the UnPBO utility for just that and use PBOTool for repackaging PBOs.

BTW, I've lost track. Did you search The FAQ for "3d device"?