Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Thank you Longinius, by finding this you saved me alot of work to show even FSPilot what's going on.

Crazysheep
Quote[/b] ]mad_o.gif You criticise people, presumably the French, (NB: It was not just the oil thang that made the French anti-war. They have both the highest Islamic and the highest Jewish population in Europe. Going to war in Iraq would lead to civil unrest, obviously) who wanted to keep Saddam in power for selfish reasons. Excuse me, but isn't that precisely what the USA did before Gulf War 1? crazy_o.gif

Yes, and no.  The USA kept Saddam in power to keep President Bush from looking like an Iraqi-slaughtering monster.  France n' friends wanted to keep him in power because of, among a lot of other reasons, money.  Is it a coincidence that the Iraqis used German made underground bunkers and Russian and French made weapons?  What about all the secret contracts with German and Russian companies that have come out since the war?

First of all, that IS a selfish reason. And secondly, I said before, not after, the first gulf war. That's the 20 years previously. Saddam was once an assassin for the CIA, you know.....when he was allied with America and co-operated with them by exporting oil for cheap prices, they assisted him in the war against Iran, by bombing Iranian oil refinieries and giving him chemical weapons, the same chemical weapons that killed the Kurds. Now, this is worse than what the anti-war countries did in the second gulf war as they did not ever use military force in Iraq to defend it's oil supplies from the USA.

Thank you Longinius, by finding this you saved me alot of work to show even FSPilot what's going on.

Information like Longinius posted has been posted here on the forums a thousand times. Unfortunately it makes no difference...  sad_o.gif

(I should add that this post isn`t pointed against FSPilot. smile_o.gif )

I am just trying to pull a TBA. If you say it enough times, anyone will believe you! ; )

MajorFubar

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps if the someone could furnish Hamas with state of the art weaponry, attack choppers, and tanks, they could stick to military targets and avoid more civilians, not having to rely on the tactic of suicide bombers... wink_o.gif

I don't think they've had too much luck with force on force wars in the past. wink_o.gif

Bernadotte

Quote[/b] ]Duh... wrong again... Now please pay attention this time.

Page 2, post 7. You said it just like I posted. Now stop patronizing me.

CrazySheep

Quote[/b] ]First of all, that IS a selfish reason.

That was probably the part I was referring to when I said "yes".

Quote[/b] ]Saddam was once an assassin for the CIA, you know.....when he was allied with America and co-operated with them by exporting oil for cheap prices, they assisted him in the war against Iran, by bombing Iranian oil refinieries and giving him chemical weapons, the same chemical weapons that killed the Kurds. Now, this is worse than what the anti-war countries did in the second gulf war as they did not ever use military force in Iraq to defend it's oil supplies from the USA.

If you want to talk about the past, fine. But this thread is about the current Iraq war. I could go on and on about German crimes against humanity in WWII, but it's just as irrelevant as why we assisted Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war.

I am just trying to pull a TBA. If you say it enough times, anyone will believe you! ; )

I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy, I`m sexy ... D`oh!! crazy_o.gif

"If you want to talk about the past, fine. But this thread is about the current Iraq war. I could go on and on about German crimes against humanity in WWII, but it's just as irrelevant as why we assisted Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war."

Uuhh, no, its not even the same ballpark. Even if its history, its still about the same players, same reasons, same politics and same oil. GW1 and GW2 are not two totally seperate incidents, they are connected. Wether you chose to accept it or not THAT is irrelevant.

MajorFubar

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps if the someone could furnish Hamas with state of the art weaponry, attack choppers, and tanks, they could stick to military targets and avoid more civilians, not having to rely on the tactic of suicide bombers... wink_o.gif

I don't think they've had too much luck with force on force wars in the past. wink_o.gif

Bernadotte

Quote[/b] ]Duh... wrong again...  Now please pay attention this time.

Page 2, post 7.  You said it just like I posted.  Now stop patronizing me.

CrazySheep

Quote[/b] ]First of all, that IS a selfish reason.

That was probably the part I was referring to when I said "yes".

Quote[/b] ]Saddam was once an assassin for the CIA, you know.....when he was allied with America and co-operated with them by exporting oil for cheap prices, they assisted him in the war against Iran, by bombing Iranian oil refinieries and giving him chemical weapons, the same chemical weapons that killed the Kurds. Now, this is worse than what the anti-war countries did in the second gulf war as they did not ever use military force in Iraq to defend it's oil supplies from the USA.

<u>If you want to talk about the past, fine.  But this thread is about the current Iraq war.  I could go on and on about German crimes against humanity in WWII, but it's just as irrelevant as why we assisted Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war.

</u>
Crazysheep
Quote[/b] ]mad_o.gif You criticise people, presumably the French, (NB: It was not just the oil thang that made the French anti-war. They have both the highest Islamic and the highest Jewish population in Europe. Going to war in Iraq would lead to civil unrest, obviously) who wanted to keep Saddam in power for selfish reasons. Excuse me, but isn't that precisely what the USA did before Gulf War 1? crazy_o.gif

Yes, and no. The USA kept Saddam in power to keep President Bush from looking like an Iraqi-slaughtering monster. France n' friends wanted to keep him in power because of, among a lot of other reasons, money. Is it a coincidence that the Iraqis used German made underground bunkers and Russian and French made weapons? What about all the secret contracts with German and Russian companies that have come out since the war?

hhrrrmmm

Longingus

Quote[/b] ]Uuhh, no, its not even the same ballpark. Even if its history, its still about the same players, same reasons, same politics and same oil. GW1 and GW2 are not two totally seperate incidents, they are connected. Wether you chose to accept it or not THAT is irrelevant.

Well, I disagree. Mind explaining how GW1 was about oil?

ran

Quote[/b] ]hhrrrmmm

Good point. rock.gif

Longingus
Quote[/b] ]Uuhh, no, its not even the same ballpark. Even if its history, its still about the same players, same reasons, same politics and same oil. GW1 and GW2 are not two totally seperate incidents, they are connected. Wether you chose to accept it or not THAT is irrelevant.

Well, I disagree.  Mind explaining how GW1 was about oil?

did you know kuwait had oil wells ?

FS, if you think GW1 had nothing to do with oil, you're messed up man crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

"Well, I disagree. Mind explaining how GW1 was about oil?"

The only reason the US helped Kuwait was because of their oil wells. The war was started because Iraq wanted Kuwaits oil wells. How was it NOT about oil??!

"Well, I disagree.  Mind explaining how GW1 was about oil?"

The only reason the US helped Kuwait was because of their oil wells. The war was started because Iraq wanted Kuwaits oil wells. How was it NOT about oil??!

But Iraq has its own oil wells. Greedy bastards.

-=Die Alive=-

One of a few reasons why Hussein attacked Kuwait.

After Iran-Iraq war, Iraq had a hugh debt. one way to pay it off was to sell oil. However, Kuwait constantly violated OPEC agreement and that was causing Hussein some iritation since it got harder to pay the debt.

I mean it wasn't completely about oil. crazy_o.gif

I give you so much GW2 (GW3 technically) wasnt completely about oil either.

If you want to talk about the past, fine.  But this thread is about the current Iraq war.  I could go on and on about German crimes against humanity in WWII, but it's just as irrelevant as why we assisted Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war.

That reminds me: What about american crimes against humanity?

"I mean it wasn't completely about oil."

Yes, it was. It was started because of oil. The US intervened because of oil. It was all about oil!

of course it's about oil! That's why France opposed it! tounge_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2003....ex.html

Baghdad Bob back on TV!

and David Letterman's top ten list last night.

Top Ten Things The Iraqi Information Minister Has Admitted Since Being Captured

Quote[/b] ]10. "Okay, Iraq didn't win the war. It was a tie"

9. "Iraq's weapons scientists were secretly developing our own Hulk"

8. "Tariq Aziz had Botox"

7. "Saddam Hussein's not the innocent angel everyone thinks he is"

6. "Dr. Germ looks really hot when she's synthesizing VX gas"

5. "You picked the right guy for the 'Queen of Clubs,' if you know what I mean"

4. "Howard Dean will win the 2004 election"

3. "Uday Hussein's birth name -- Gary"

2. "I've been offered a job as editor of 'The New York Times'"

1. "The rumors are true -- I'm dating Ashton Kutcher"

I think he was funny but it's stupid going on about it, it was just propaganda, from our more democratic society it looks absurd, but don't forget your just eating the same absurd comments on a less extreme level from your medias around the world, only 60 years ago we had exactly the same as Iraq in Britain, a media completely controlled by the goverment.

I find it really annoying about how short sighted alot of people are, and how they can just accept whatever they're told instantly.

If you take the time to read through the mid east thread completely and the Iraq thread (harder now they are being severed by mods) you see how things repeat themselves and people say the same things, i got bored of replying in it because of this, no solution wants to be found, that is the main problem.

I think i'm giving up on the offtopic thread  sad_o.gif

Especially since Denoir has gone.

OOH! 1000 posts! I'm so excited, i think we should get cash rewards for getting a large post count without spamming.

Quote[/b] ]OOH! 1000 posts! I'm so excited, i think we should get cash rewards for getting a large post count without spamming.

I wish...

"only 60 years ago we had exactly the same as Iraq in Britain, a media completely controlled by the goverment."

I must take issue with this statement because it is simply not true. If you refer to WW2 then whilst the media was certainly not as free as in peace time or the present day, there being certain restrictions etc, and whilst sections of the media did certainly act as propaganda outlets, there WAS criticism of the government, there WAS mockery of government ministers etc (though certainly much more of the Germans and Italians but really only reflecting the thoughts of the public) and there was a toleration of those voices who differed with the government line in a way totally unthinkable in Nazi occupied europe. Freedom was not just a word in WW2 ,it was the difference between defeat and victory. Thank you.

Democracy!! Sssssssssmells like biased!!!  Democracy is almost as bad as Euro Communism!!  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

You mean like the German Democratic Republic (GDR)?

Hey.. the bolsheviks only fooled half of you Germans ;)

Democracy!! Sssssssssmells like biased!!!  Democracy is almost as bad as Euro Communism!!  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

not fair , remember the year 1953 , the germans got their "Pragues' spring" too

tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

not fair , remember the year 1953 , the germans got their "Pragues' spring" too

I think its a bit funny that alot of the communist countries had "democratic republic" in their official names.  tounge_o.gif