Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Hey, stop misquoting me you dogs!

FSPilot!

Never! biggrin_o.gif

Sorry Badgerboy, I don't know how that happened, I'll fix it now.

But I still don't see what the big deal is. They got by fine before they got their pay raised (which we didn't see any news articles about, of course). It's just going back to the way it was before they got their pay raise.

Quote[/b] ] I was sure that this was some form of joke, a parody of sorts. Now I'm no longer sure.

It's interesting how people can live in a complete fantasy world that has nothing in common with the real world.

Or perhaps this is just the ramblings of a 10 year old kid.

Nevertheless the view is so twisted that it is pretty much a waste of time to engage in a debate.

Its kinda funny a kid like u should say this... While I didnt see any strong argument that u wrote, ( and thats a understatement) I would like to see what kind of guy u are in real life, I bet you are such a guy who sits behind his computer all day, with pale skin and skinny as hell, marking other people.

BTW Denoir, u should really do something about your attitude, Its really annoying for people who are older than 12 year.

I would like to say that its very childish to attack me personally because of my opinion, I engaged in a discussion to tell my views on politics, but after the first message Badgerboy had to write personal things.. . Another thing I get sick off, is the fact that you two ( Badgerboy and especially Denoir) think you are backing your discussions with facts, while the only things you are saying are Anti-American..

Oh come on... Dont try to say that these "resistance fighters" are noble people who defend Iraq from those "evil Americans" These "Resistance fighters" are just cowardly terrorists, They are shooting at American boys and girls who try to bring order to their country,

If Saddam Hussein wasnt a threat to his neighbouring countries and the USA, I personally would let him stay just because those damn Iraqi's are so ungratefull, They live 34 years under a dictator and they all live in shacky houses and sometimes cant even afford food for their family while Saddam and his loyalists live in Palaces with gold sinks and candleholders etc, Furthermore he's got 32 Palaces spread over Iraq.

BTW the Americans wont ever shoot upon Iragi's just demonstrating, Im sure they fired with their weapons before American soldiers fired at them.

mad_o.gif

Cripes! They are breeding and even learning to get on the net! crazy_o.gif. There's an upside to blackouts, I get to miss out on reading this wonderful stuff

Hey, I didn't write the bloody article. Don't look at me. I just put it up there because you guys might want to discuss it.

Quote[/b] ]They don't do it for the money you know.

*edit*

Denoir and Pins said it alot better than I did.

Quote[/b] ]They don't do it for the money you know.

*edit*

Denoir and Pins said it alot better than I did.

And I already responded if you'd like to respond to that. unclesam.gif

But I still don't see what the big deal is.  They got by fine before they got their pay raised (which we didn't see any news articles about, of course).  It's just going back to the way it was before they got their pay raise.

Um, they got by just fine?!?

Do you actually know anyone in the military?

I am not as certain about the US, but I know several people who get food at a foodbank, who are family members of people serving in the Canadian forces.

Go to a military base and talk to the families of the average joes... not the officers, and I think you'll learn how unneeded more money is.

Um, they got by just fine?!?

Do you actually know anyone in the military?

I am not as certain about the US, but I know several people who get food at a foodbank, who are family members of people serving in the Canadian forces.

Go to a military base and talk to the families of the average joes... not the officers, and I think you'll learn how unneeded more money is.

I'm an air force brat, warin.  Most of the people I know are ex-military or active duty.  I haven't heard any complaints about money problems, and they don't receive combat pay around here.

Either way it doesn't matter, the pay cuts aren't going through.

Oh come on... Dont try to say that these "resistance fighters" are noble people who defend Iraq from those "evil Americans" These "Resistance fighters" are just cowardly terrorists, They are shooting at American boys and girls who try to bring order to their country,

Oh for christs sake. They aren't shooting boys and girls they are shooting trained combatants, who are paid for expecting that and volunteered. Plus they haven't killed a single civvie yet, unlike the Americans, so how are they terrorists? And they are cowardly for hiding, while it is brave and respectable to drop bombs from 3,000ft?

If Saddam Hussein wasnt a threat to his neighbouring countries and the USA, I personally would let him stay just because those damn Iraqi's are so ungratefull, They live 34 years under a dictator and they all live in shacky houses and sometimes cant even afford food for their family while Saddam and his loyalists live in Palaces with gold sinks and candleholders etc, Furthermore he's got 32 Palaces spread over Iraq.

OK, ignoring the fact that Iraq was almost a first world country until the USA decided that it needed international sanctions.....Saddam may have get the money to himself, but a lot of the poverty you are on about is from the actions of your government.

And don't say Iraq should have thought of that before they invaded Kuwait, because the USA greenlighted the move at that time; Saddam was also their political ally before that, so why would Saddam have expected that?

BTW the Americans wont ever shoot upon Iragi's just demonstrating, Im sure they fired with their weapons before American soldiers fired at them.

mad_o.gif

Ok, you have no argument there, and no major point either.....

My additions are in bold.....

tsss.

You should actually look up some facts than spout the crap you see the terrorists come out with.

So if im correct, you think you are the one who bases its message on facts?? Please dont let me laugh, America waged war because of oil? You just walk along al those hippies who say that, you should form an opinion of your own.

BTW, yes your right,Iraq was an nice country under Saddam, Hell it was even better than USA is.. Come on, dont be so naive, Iraq was an terrrible country under Saddam, you really should see some video's of Saddam's Republican garde torturing people for just saying their political views, or even if a woman slept with another man.. How dare you say Iraq was better off without Americans! mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

You are yet to have come up with a single fact, you realise.....only opinions and some fallacious reasoning. You are merely recycling right wing propaganda here also, so don't accuse us of not having opinions of our own. Oil is probably the only reason for war, give me other reasons and I will argue them down.

And for Iraq being nicer now the Americans are here.....there was 7,000 civvies (not including soldiers, but the amount of soldiers killed was much much higher) killed in the Iraq war, now that's the amount of Kurds Saddam killed in 1988...plus, under Saddam most Iraqis could live their own lives so long as they kept out of Saddams way; now Iraqis are dying because of malaria becuase of the water shortage, they have no electricity and nearly all the Iraqis in Baghdad are having a really shitty life as opposed to a handful of dissidents.

And remember how many times the USA helped fascist governments get into power during the cold war, (venezuala, paraguay, spain, nicaragua, guatemala, to name but a few) who tortured and killed dissidents saying that they were communists.

Its kinda funny a kid like u should say this... While I didnt see any strong argument that u wrote, ( and thats a understatement) I would like to see what kind of guy u are in real life, I bet you are such a guy who sits behind his computer all day, with pale skin and skinny as hell, marking other people.

BTW Denoir, u should really do something about your attitude, Its really annoying for people who are older than 12 year.

I would like to say that its very childish to attack me personally because of my opinion, I engaged in a discussion to tell my views on politics, but after the first message Badgerboy had to write personal things.. . Another thing I get sick off, is the fact that you two ( Badgerboy and especially Denoir) think you are backing your discussions with facts, while the only things you are saying are Anti-American..

For a start, everyone on this forum knows that Denoir is not a kid so don't bother calling him that. Plus, he said that you were too ignorant to engage in a strong argument.....I have been vague, but perhaps you should read some of the thread to see the arguments.

Plus, we weren't attacking your politics-we were attacking your ignorance, because you clearly know nothing about the situation in Iraq....however, you have just gone on to attack Badgerboy and Denoirs politics....which doesn't make much sense.

Quote[/b] ]

And remember how many times the USA helped fascist governments get into power during the cold war, (venezuala, paraguay, spain , nicaragua, guatemala, to name but a few)

I think you should leave Spain out of this though. Franco seized power before the second world war - with the help of Hitlers airpower.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] I was sure that this was some form of joke, a parody of sorts. Now I'm no longer sure.

It's interesting how people can live in a complete fantasy world that has nothing in common with the real world.

Or perhaps this is just the ramblings of a 10 year old kid.

Nevertheless the view is so twisted that it is pretty much a waste of time to engage in a debate.

Next person to flame, or even try to spark a fricking match will get (tell them Vanna):

A 48hr post restriction and a warning level! Yes, if that famous cardinal rule of forum (and civilized) conduct is violated one more time, someone's gonna have some time to ponder their mistakes and/or cool down for a while.

You're obviously new here, Dogma - so I'm letting you off with a warning. And the rest of you (and you know who you are) should know better than to even hint at flame baiting.

If certain people want to cling to their desperate, if flawed, viewpoints, then that is their perogative and, unfortunately, it isn't always the 10 year old kids that do so.

...Saddam and his loyalists live in Palaces with gold sinks and candleholders etc, Furthermore he's got 32 Palaces...

Since when has that been a crime?  You have heard of a place called England, right?  Besides, it was perfectly ok for those same Iraqi conditions to exist back in the 80s when Iraq was a staunch ally of the US.

...Truthâ„¢, Freedomâ„¢, and Theâ„¢ Americanâ„¢ Wayâ„¢...

lol  biggrin_o.gif

Another yank dead its 300+ dead for the yanks and unknown for the resistance.

So looks like a mini-vietnam here at this rate of 4 per day we will have a 1000 US casualties a year rock.gif

In Vietnam, on average 17.5 troops died per day. This aint no Vietnam.

-=Die Alive=-

...Truthâ„¢, Freedomâ„¢, and Theâ„¢ Americanâ„¢ Wayâ„¢...

lol  biggrin_o.gif

Thank you ;)

I think the framers of the constitution began spinning in their graves the day the government decided that a corporation has the same legal rights as an individual, and the entire corporate system began to become the million pound behemoth that it has evolved into...

These days you can trademark anything ;)

edit:

I do agree that trying to compare Iraq to Vietnam is a little on the lame side. Right now. Lets see how things progress over the next two or three years before we begin the comparisons.

I do agree that trying to compare Iraq to Vietnam is a little on the lame side.  Right now.  Lets see how things progress over the next two or three years before we begin the comparisons.

Wishful thinking on their part I guess. ghostface.gif

In Vietnam, on average 17.5 troops died per day.  This aint no Vietnam.

-=Die Alive=-

It took 12 years to get to that point though. Vietnam was a slow process, and by the time we realized it was a quagmire it was too late.

Yeah, and France wasn't fighting in Iraq first.  Vietnam didn't have a lot of oil.  And most US celebrities aren't funneling profits to the resistance in Iraq.

Oops, spoke too soon.

Martin%20Sheen.jpg

wow_o.gif

In Vietnam, on average 17.5 troops died per day.  This aint no Vietnam.

-=Die Alive=-

You said it.

In Vietnam the troops death were treated lightly , now circumstances have changed the more troops die everyday the more US feels the pressure.

If noone else helps in a PKM then US is in Quicksand which is really hot. wink_o.gif

Remember ppl learned from Vietnam they wouldnt allow this for long enough to culminate into one.

I think you should leave Spain out of this though. Franco seized power before the second world war - with the help of Hitlers airpower.

smile_o.gif

True, but he was kept in power by CIA funding.

Of course you are right. This is no Vietnam war. And we are happy about it. Noone expects Iraq to become the grave of nearly 60.000 US soldiers (and please dont forget one million Vietnamese VC and the large amount of civillian casualties and after war handicaped children.)

But one reason to compare these two wars remains. It is the question: "FOR WHAT?"

And it is not the death poll that will determine whether IRAQ2 reminds us of Vietnam but the outcome. Lets hope we will not see the same pictures as we have seen in the last days of the fall of saigon: US soldiers leaving, and leaving behind the country AFU. And I hope we will not ask ourselves the question again: "wouldnt it have been better if the US would have never TRIED?"

Reminds me of my brother trying to fix my sisters hair after he had deliberately stuck a chewing gum into it. She cried and shouted: "Dont Dont...you only make it worse!"

It has just been revealed at the Hutton Inquiry that the British government's claim that Iraq could deploy weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes of an order to do so, came from "a reliable and established source, quoting a well-placed senior Iraqi officer."

This could be quite embarrassing for Blair. A few months ago, when the BBC accused the government of exaggerating the claim, the government attacked the BBC, saying, "I find it incredible ... that people can report based on one single anonymous uncorroborated source" (who ended up being Dr. Kelly).

Now it turns out that one of the government's greatest arguments for waging war was actually based on, a single anonymous uncorroborated source quoting another single anonymous uncorroborated source.

Oh the irony!