Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

im amazed no-ones tried to burn those american flags that are hanging from lamposts near buckingham palace

we Scots should show them how to do it we burn British flags all the time damm those English oppressors tounge_o.gif and there leader iL Duche blair  biggrin_o.gif

Hi bn880

It is 15,000 extra police not 7,000 and an air exclusion zone over London. They also wanted to close all roads in area of central London Like closing broadway and Madison gardens in NY and the City square mile equivalent of Wall Street area in NY. Shutdown the London tube network for the duration of his visit 3 days crazy_o.gif The Mayor of London told him stick it where the sun dont shine.

Minimum extra seccurity costs are five million UK pounds and rising. Somone asked the Mayor London if he was going to bill the US for it? He said that would not be fare on US citizens as it was not for them, but he might consider Charging the Republican party as it is all about President Bush getting pictures of him self Shaking Hands with Queen cause that might win them the US elections biggrin_o.gif

Err lost me there Republicans are supposed to be against Monarchy so why are the smoozing with them? Bush shooting him self in the foot or are the republicans wanting to ask the Queen forgivness so the can go back to be UK colonies?

Kind Regards Walker

Actually I hope he gets one in the head, that would probably be a gift to mankind.  unclesam.gif

i agree that Bush should be gone, but in all seriousness, please watch your language.

What do you mean, I would like to see him asassinated. He is a murderor of the greatest kind... slowly getting up there to Hitler etc.

I have my opinion and there is nothing wrong with the language IMO. rock.gif

What do you mean, I would like to see him asassinated. He is a murderor of the greatest kind... slowly getting up there to Hitler etc.

He is still a looooooong way from 'nam, millions of people died there.

And in other news..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3281225.stm

Quote[/b] ]

US and EU views on Iran differ considerably

US Secretary of State Colin Powell has criticised a draft European resolution on Iran's nuclear weapons programme as not being tough enough.

Mr Powell said he had "a very candid discussion" with EU foreign ministers in Brussels on the issue.

The US wants Iran declared in breach of its nuclear treaty obligations, a move that could lead to UN sanctions.

The EU statement has been submitted to the UN's nuclear watchdog which meets on Thursday to discuss Iran.

I know, but still, thousands died already... at least that is the claim. (well of course the numbers make sense)

Anyway, I just hope that nimrod is not re-elected and the UN can finally handle this situation properly. I don't see this US "plan" working at the moment.

What do you mean, I would like to see him asassinated.  He is a murderor of the greatest kind... slowly getting up there to Hitler etc.

I have my opinion and there is nothing wrong with the language IMO.  rock.gif

let me send this message to SS or FBI next time you visit US or Bush visits one of the countries you are in. and if they are taking your action serious enough, let's see you enjoy saying such things while interrogated in the lovely concrete walled room.

first, sudden absence of a leader in a country is bound to cause some negative effects, in many ways. economic turbulence, albeit shortterm is expected since the negative prospect of future affects people's activity.

second, other projects and programs are affected. a temporary lock down of gov't or something close to that can be devastating to other gov't functions.

just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean wishing for that person to be dead is nice. For example, would some of the Arab members here wish Sharon was assasianted, and Jewish members want some Arab leaders assasinated, do you find that suitable?

killing someone does not end everything.

in other words, just because i feel like PRing you, doe it mean that it is ok? wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

edit: anybody know if Scotland Yard is temporarily removing pretzels and cracker, along with Segway away from Bush for security reasons? tounge_o.gif

Bush getting killed a good thing? Nah, you'd get Cheney becoming president and believe it or not, that would be worse. At least Bush, having little will and knowledge of his own gets influenced by more moderate people such as Powell. With Cheney you'd just have hardliners making all the decisions.

No, to do some good through killing, you'd have to nuke a republican party convention where they're all gathered. But that would probably not help either. If Bush has shown us anything is that anybody can become president in the US if he has enough economic backing. And since there would be still many loyal republican voters left, you could easily find some NRA member and fund him enough to be elected president. So really, you'd have to nuke a significant portion of the US population.

Since genocide isn't a very politically correct method, the best way is to leave Bush to screw America up to the point that people won't vote for him. Plus you get to call it "democracy" which is as I understand generally considered a positively charged word smile_o.gif

Denoir speaks correctly. For anyone who would like to see George Bush assassinated (even in the most abstract, academic sense), I have three words: President Richard Cheney.

let me send this message to SS or FBI next time you visit US or Bush visits one of the countries you are in. and if they are taking your action serious enough, let's see you enjoy saying such things while interrogated in the lovely concrete walled room.

Go right ahead. I don't care about those pissants. And anyway I am not organizing nor planning anything so it's a common opinion. wink_o.gif

Yeah I know it might not be the best thing if he got asassinated, but he deserves it. He really does deserve it after what he has done. That's all.

I agree with Bn880 bu it would be better if we drag him in to a Intl' Court of Justice in Hague and give him a seat near Milosevic biggrin_o.gif

The odds are very against though .... 1:1000000000000000000000000000000 crazy_o.gif

I mean this isnt fair Bill clinton got impeachd for lying about Monica and this guy gets off for such a big lie..... i swear Clinton might also get irritated if he ever thought about it tounge_o.gif

Not a chance and it would not be correct either. Bush is not a war criminal. Starting a war of agression does not equal to a war crime.

And putting Bush in the same category as Milosevic (or even more absurd Hitler) diminishes their crimes of genocide. It's not remotely comparable.

@Acecombat: Whoa man, I think Hillary even talked about that once, so Bill is thinking about this quite a bit. unclesam.gif

Anyway I am a little worried about Canada, we are getting a new Liberal representative (our leader) Paul Martin, and from what I can tell he is much more business oriented and conservative. I also think he might be a big disaster for us and some serious liar, but we will see, hopefully he does not send our few good ment to Iraq. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif I am almost 100% sure if he was in power for the last 3 years our men would be in Iraq.

Not a chance and it would not be correct either. Bush is not a war criminal. Starting a war of agression does not equal to a war crime.

And putting Bush in the same category as Milosevic (or even more absurd Hitler) diminishes their crimes of genocide. It's not remotely comparable.

What do you mean? Don't you agree a few thousand Iraqis were killed for no particular reason? Ok the numbers are not comparable, but still a criminal IMO.

EDIT: The nuking of republicans bit was pretty funny.

What do you mean?  Don't you agree a few thousand Iraqis were killed for no particular reason?  Ok the numbers are not comparable, but still a criminal IMO.

They were of course killed for a reason. Not an legitimate from an point of view of international law, but there sure was a reason.

Regardless, a crime against humainty is characterized by two things: intent and scale. In war, no matter how careful you are civilians will be killed. It only becomes a war crime if you deliberately target civilians. And USA did not do that. If you want to put in the level of Milosevic et al, then we're talking about crimes against humanity. This requires on a mass scale the systematic targeting civilians because of their ethnic belonging, race or religion. Bush did not order any such thing.

What was violated was the international laws of war. An illegal war is however not a war crime. The response to that not punishing individuals but punishing the country through sanctions. Of course that won't happen since it's USA we're talking about, but that would be by the book.

And there have been a number of charges filed against Bush & Co on war crime charges, but the ICC dismissed them because they were completely unfounded.

War crime charges are a very very serious matter and are reserved for the monsters that on purpose systematically kill or torture civilians. While tragic the civilians killed in Iraq were just regular casualties of war. There are of course gray areas, such as the bombing of residential buildings where they suspected that Saddam was. The scale is however way too small to warrent accusation of war crimes. Genreally, the US military avoided inflicting unnecessary civilian casualties. A lot of innocent Iraqis died, yes - but that's war.

The consequences that Bush should face should be for starting an illegal war. That's more than enough.

Yes I agree and I know that. However some civilians like reporters may have been targetted on purpose.

Anyway, despite what organizations think of Bush, I say he is a criminal. No not as bad as the ones who performed ethnic clensing etc. but much worse than an average serial killer. smile_o.gif

I agree, you cannot put Bush on the same level as Hitler or Milosovic.

But, in an ideal world, he would still be accountable for his illegal warmongering and lying to the world to justify his own agenda. Also, if the USA cannot produce sufficient evidence of thse phantom WMD (the whole reason and justification for the war, before the propoganda department changed the reason to freeing to poor Iraqis), they should pay massive restituion and punitive damages to the people and country of Iraq.

In reality, the worst that will happen to him is being voted out at the next election, where he will retire on an obsecenely large pension...

HAHAH OMG dont tell me Hillary wrote it in her book ? biggrin_o.gif

Man whats Bills E mail i wanna send him my condolenses.

Btw has anyone seen those new pics being circulated on the net of Iraqi women being ..... raped by US soldiers ? Gees that isnt making a pretty picture with the Arab crowd here i tell you. Even though i seriously doubt the authenticity of those pics ...

I agree, you cannot put Bush on the same level as Hitler or Milosovic.

But, in an ideal world, he would still be accountable for his illegal warmongering and lying to the world to justify his own agenda. Also, if the USA cannot produce sufficient evidence of thse phantom WMD (the whole reason and justification for the war, before the propoganda department changed the reason to freeing to poor Iraqis), they should pay massive restituion and punitive damages to the people and country of Iraq.

In reality, the worst that will happen to him is being voted out at the next election, where he will retire on an obsecenely large pension...

The proper process would be to give everybody involved in the war sanctions equivalent to the ones that Iraq got after invading Kuwait. The US/UK invasion of Iraq was from the position of international law no mor legal than Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. Both wars were illegal and grave violations of the UN charter.

How to deal with Bush personally is up to the American people. Had I been American, I would want him impeached. Ultimately it's their decision. Our decision is to impose sanctions or not.

Raped by US soldiers??? Well it is possible after all, but even if it is it's probably on a very small scale and certainly not an order. wink_o.gif Or maybe they are not being raped... LMAO

EDIT: Trust me, when you send 100,000 young men to fight overseas and leave them there under stress for months, some of them will be raping someone or something...

(I'm kinda tired and trying not to think too hard, so don't mind me if I sound a bit silly today)

If i remember well, Bush asked Congress for over 80 billions $ for rebuild Iraq. Can it count as retribution?

I know that most of this money would go to american firms, but Iraq still will have things rebuilded, not only those destroyed now, but during 1st Gulf war too, and new builded for free.

And if it is truth, it would be the strangest war i have ever heard of....

If i remember well, Bush asked Congress for over 80 billions $ for rebuild Iraq. Can it count as retribution?

I know that most of this money would go to american firms, but Iraq still will have things rebuilded, not only those destroyed now, but during 1st Gulf war too, and new builded for free.

And if it is truth, it would be the strangest war i have ever heard of....

I think most of it is operational cost for US troops.

http://www.cnn.com/2003....ex.html

Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Despite criticism from Democrats and some conservatives that $20.3 billion for rebuilding Iraq is nothing but a giveaway to an oil-rich nation, Senate Republican leaders said Wednesday they would fight efforts to convert the money into a loan.