Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Since re-installing FDF mod onto my computer I cannot fire my weapon, and I get an error screen saying it cannot find the music. This, of course, only effects FDF addons. Everything else is sweet. Do I need to re-install it or is there something else I am missing?

I get that message if I try to use Dinamic Range Sound pack, blah blah MachineGun sound missing...etc etc and Music Finlandia not found,check that, it can be whats wrong,but I guess FDF Mod doesnt need new sounds anyway (it uses Kylliki sound pack?)

I get that message if I try to use Dinamic Range Sound pack, blah blah MachineGun sound missing...etc etc and Music Finlandia not found

Same thing with all mods that use other configs, like explosion mod.

Ermm...I tend to disagree... biggrin_o.gif

I use ExploMod + FDF simultaneously,there is a released compatible version of the 2 greatest Mods for OFP.

probably in MP it would give a modified message,but I generally play FDF SP.

I use ExploMod + FDF simultaneously,there is a released compatible version of the 2 greatest Mods for OFP.

probably in MP it would give a modified message,but I generally play FDF SP.

In future you don't necessarily need REM anymore, the new FDFMOD version will have some new effects too ;)

Heh I knew someone would say that, yes I use that too, but it uses the same config as FDF, just a bit modified.

And new effects for 1.1? Sounds nice.

And new effects for 1.1? Sounds nice.

Nothing too fancy, just some extra things for destroyed vehicles. Explosions will be similar to 1.0, ones in Realistic Explosion Mod are way too Hollywoodish to be realistic so if you are expecting something similar, you will be disappointed.

OFP doesn't really offer any good way to simulate modern high explosives. Usually RPG/recoilless/tank/artillery/etc shots and stuff produce just quick flash and lost of dust since warhead is at max. just few kilos. All those huge fireballs over Baghdad people saw on their TVs from Iraq were 2000lbs bombs or cruise missiles.

Does that mean we get flaming tank corpses?

Like they say, if there's smoke, there's fire ... ;)

OFP doesn't really offer any good way to simulate modern high explosives. Usually RPG/recoilless/tank/artillery/etc shots and stuff produce just quick flash and lost of dust since warhead is at max. just few kilos. All those huge fireballs over Baghdad people saw on their TVs from Iraq were 2000lbs bombs or cruise missiles.

Oh I know, and I´m usually a realism fanatic, but the GMR explosions are just so nice that I´m willing to make an exception. wink_o.gif Besides, they´re a damn lot nicer than the default explosions which are pretty unrealistic, not to mention ugly. smile_o.gif

is there anyway to make the entire mod conversion and all work with 1.92-1.94? I dont want to just move the addons because I want the screen and everything

Yes, thats easy - just make a new shortcut to your eg. OFP 1.94beta exe and edit it like this:

Flashpointbeta.exe -mod=finmod

Then you will have FDF mod running under 1.94beta.

If you have troubles running FDFMOD with a Radeon 9x00 series display adapter (ie. you get the cannot create 3d error), try downloading beta patch 1.94b and add the following flags to the shortcut:

flashpointbeta.exe -nomap -mod=finmod

---

A few keywords if someone tries to search for this:

FDFMOD, Radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, pro, cannot create 3d, memory

Edit: A lot of typos today ...

[not-so-subtle hint]

I suggest taking a look at the ofp.infos screenshot of the week.. wink_o.gif

[/not-so-subtle hint]

Any guesses on what might have been causing my previous problems with alt tabbing in and out of FDF mod? Sometimes I got a black and blue striped screen. Before it happened quite alot, but with 1.92 it happens very rarely and almost exclusivley in missions were the Leo2A4 is involved.

Any guesses on what might have been causing my previous problems with alt tabbing in and out of FDF mod? Sometimes I got a black and blue striped screen. Before it happened quite alot, but with 1.92 it happens very rarely and almost exclusivley in missions were the Leo2A4 is involved.

Big Cat is probably causing that problem. There are some textures in FDFMOD 1.0 Leo that have not-so-compatible aspect ratios. This isn't big problem - just rare symptoms like you described - unless one is using some old gfx card based on Voodoo chipsets. With Voodoo card you probably can't even start FDFMOD.

Those textures could be fixed with patched fdf_v.pbo or hex editor or little perl script... or by waiting for 1.1 release. (Will be available for public when it's done). Perl script is available at FDFMOD Forums. Patched fdf_v.pbo... hmm... I wonder if it's still somewhere...

Yes, thats easy - just make a new shortcut to your eg. OFP 1.94beta exe and edit it like this:

Flashpointbeta.exe -mod=finmod

Then you will have FDF mod running under 1.94beta.

I made a new shortcut but the sound doesn't work

what did i do wrong?

i put in location

D:\OperationFlashpoint\Flashpointbeta.exe -mod=finmod

Try this instead;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -mod=finmod

That should work

I have renamed "flashpointresistanceBeta.exe" to "Flashpointresistance.exe".

I play FDF without problem

still no sound

what does the FDF shortcut you get with the setup of FDF connect to ?

try deleting some of your unused addons, did the trick for me, heres my parameters I use for FDF mod 1.94

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -mod=finmod -mod=hisky

No sound problem sounds awfully lot like a screwed up installation..

By the way, how is 1.1 progressing? Are you still working on new units, planning new units or making a campaign? I just wonder in what kind of phase you are in. I hope to see some real Finnish terrain. smile_o.gif

By the way, how is 1.1 progressing? Are you still working on new units, planning new units or making a campaign? I just wonder in what kind of phase you are in. I hope to see some real Finnish terrain. smile_o.gif

whenitsd.gif

1.1 is progressing, dont you worry. smile_o.gif

New units... from the endless warehouses of Finnish Defence Forces. Like those 5+ different BMP-1 variants.  wink_o.gif

(Edit: IFV-variant should be enough for FDFMOD)

Like Eizei said, don't worry, project is still alive and progressing at good speed.

No sound problem sounds awfully lot like a screwed up installation..

hope not but it works fine when i use the regular shortcut or anything else

but if it is what could i do about it?