Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Tales of war aav7 released

I don't know if it was already stated, but does'nt the current version sit much to high in the water. (like the M-113)

I've never seen Amphibious APCs with so much bouancy...!

Hey there!

This addon is looking great!

Just one thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet..

The firing point is too low.. Looks like the bullets and grenades are coming out of thin air! wink_o.gif

Keep up the great work! I look forward to version 1.1! smile_o.gif

Asmo

Testing AAV7 vs. BMD3M

AAV7c.jpg

AAV7 neither attack the BMD3M nor take care of him.

Just standing there and waiting to get killed.

BMD3M needs 4-5 shots to kill the AAV7. (I know you will fix the armour.)

On the other side, a BTR-80 does not attack the AAV7.

So it would be very useless to put the AAV7 in a CTI map.

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

Testing AAV7 vs. BMD3M

That's because the AAV7 has no Anti Armor Weapons. It's not a tank killer or something. If you wish to destroy BMP's and similar vehicles pack some LAW/Carl Gustav/AT4/whatever Soldiers in the AAV7 and unload them when you see the enemy. ;)

It's not a tank killer or something. ;)

So if you were the AAV7, would you stand still and waiting for destruction? wink_o.gif

Ok, at this point we need a "Fall back" tactics for the AI.

Enemy´s firepower > AI´s Firepower = Get the hell out of here!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Testing AAV7 vs. BMD3M

AAV7c.jpg

Just standing there and waiting to get killed.

BMD3M needs 4-5 shots to kill the AAV7. (I know you will fix the armour.)

On the other side, a BTR-80 does not attack the AAV7.

So it would be very useless to put the AAV7 in a CTI map.

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

A real AAV7 does not attack armor like tanks, so that is why they dont attack tanks ingame.  smile_o.gif They do attack jeeps, trucks and infantry.

Anyway, I got some info on version 1.1. It will feature:

- some small bugs fixed

- armor value fixed

- extended wheelbase

- cargo holds 24 marines now

As you can see version 1.1 has more changes then we were planning to do, but hey.. you guys asked for this.  biggrin_o.gif

Only things left to do is binarizing, making a new readme and adding the demo mission. So with a bit of luck you can download it tonight on our site.  wink_o.gif

Actually the .50 call and the MK-19 40mm grenade launcher both can be used against BMP's (the ..50 cal rounds can penetrate the side armor of a BMP1 or BMP2) as can the 40mm grenade rounds. However you are right in that it wouldn't engage a more heavily armored tank at all. If it's possible to make it engage armored vehicles up to a BMP or BMP2 that would be cool if it would do that without engaging tanks. But if it also engages tanks also when you try to modifiy it, then yeah it would be best to leave it alone and just leave it the way it is where it only engages cars, trucks and people. I can live with that. Plus a BMP would likely make mince-meat out of it anyways in real life.

Keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to the update tonight.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey, that 1.1 sounds great

it will go good with the woodland hmmwv's wink_o.gif

Yes, its a bit longer. smile_o.gif

We found a new bug in version 1.1, you can look through the interior to the outside near the commander position, so after that is fixed its ready for release.

Any update on when the new version will be released? smile_o.gif

Looking good, but please improve the Textures a bit, they are so blurry.

and please improve the Driver Entry please a bit.

Really cant wait to get it.

Update on the Tales of War website.

4 new pictures.. hope you like it.  smile_o.gif

Kewl! Looking good. I like how ya got the splashplate on it now. You might want to make it where it is deployed automatically when you hit water and then folded up when you hit land. I'm fairly certain there is a script for water and land detection becomes some of the "dust" scripts for helicopters I believe use something like that that detects whether they are flying above land or water.

But if not then that's ok and it's no biggie.

Just curious but would it be possible to make the turret a little bit smaller? If not then that's ok. Anyhoo keep up the excellent work! I can't wait until it's ready!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We are still learning... everytime we think we have 1.1 done we find something new which we add then we find something again which we add etc. etc. Remember we only had experience with soldiers and weapons before ( although we also made some other addons ) so lots of this is new to us. I really think that when version 1.1 is released that its a great addon.

Oh and something which I haven't putted on the website is that its getting new textures on some places aswell.

If I was a gunner in a AAv7, and a BMP was about to fire on me, no matter how futile, I would start shooting like mad at it with the 40mm. I dont see why the AI shouldnt fire on IFV, APC, AFV type vehicles. I have seen M113 and M2 guns fire at Bmps before. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Oh and something which I haven't putted on the website is that its getting new textures on some places aswell.

Great!

QUOTE Sgt.Milkman:If I was a gunner in a AAv7, and a BMP was about to fire on me, no matter how futile, I would start shooting like mad at it with the 40mm. I dont see why the AI shouldnt fire on IFV, APC, AFV type vehicles. I have seen M113 and M2 guns fire at Bmps before.

LOL exactly