Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Tales of war aav7 released

Hey people,

We worked for months and months on it and now its ready for release. Check our website for more info.

Tales of War

It may contain a few small bugs, but most of you won't notice them. ( as I said, some really, really small bugs.. ) It should work perfect. Hope you are all happy with it.  smile_o.gif

PLEASE! Make your pbo Names OFPEC Tag compatible.

The mk19gl.pbo is replacing another AddOn from fortress Ofp.

Is it really supposed to be so powerful? I managed to take out 2 (almost 3) T-80s quite easily..

oh well.. Great work anyways ! wow_o.gif

I can't find it on your website, all that exists is the FAV, help  sad_o.gif

try the news page ;) lol

I put a .zip version on Base (people dont like RAR files alot of the time). Great work with the addon though biggrin_o.gif

Nice to hear the first reply's are positive. smile_o.gif

OFPEC tag compatible... will be done in version 2. Fortress OFP, isn't that from GFX707? Then it should be the same. wink_o.gif

i dont have a firing sound when shooting mk19/ also will nexted version have openclose ramp option and troop hatch on top

The next version will include open/close ramp option. smile_o.gif

As for the sound, it works fine for me and the others from TOW. Are you sure it only happens with the AAV7 and not with other addons?

yep only for this addon  i reinstalled it and everything  i kinda mad because the mk19 is one of my fav weapons  i keep looking into it

smile_o.gif

also thanks for quick reply tounge_o.gif

Any views desert camo for this baby?

Fortress OFP, isn't that from GFX707? Then it should be the same.  wink_o.gif

If only people would read readme's ....

Yeah I read it but it still shouldn't replace the old one if it's not an official release of the original autor.

It might cause conflicts in MP with people not having installed the AAV7 but using the old grenade launcher because the file size is different.

Looks good  smile_o.gif

I like the tracks and the textures are pretty cool, but they seem a bit dark. Is it supposed to be that dark?

Also a problem I found that's rather annoying is that there's no gunner view  sad_o.gif If you don't have 3rd person view enabled then its very hard to fire effectively because you have the structure of the turret in the way and there's only a small slit to see through  sad_o.gif  

Was this intentional?

*EDIT* D'oh! Sorry I was turned out rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif Cool OK there's a gunner view smile_o.gif

make sure you're inside the vehicle ( "turn in" option activated)

okay... posted too quickly, i didn't read your post complety, sorry man!  tounge_o.gif

when your COmmander and you turn out, and turn around, there is a box comming out of the leftside of the tank.

well hwat else to say ..hmm

Oh you cant see the driver when hes turned in.

Hope you get some custom gun sounds next update. im sick of the Bis sounds.

All in all a nice Apc!

The MK19 can only be heard when in the gunners seat. Not when using a 3rd person view.

Also, it seems a little... short...

and i think its way to amoured right now, not sure if its sposed to take that much damage

right now i dont even know how many rpg's it takes, but its alot, and it takes atleast 2 russian at4's

didnt the ones in iraq get peeled open like a tin can after one rpg hit?

and the grenade launcher behaves more like a 30mm cannon or something, the grenades dont hardly at all with distance, the grenade launchers on the russian apc's that were released not long ago behaved more like grenade launchers

also will the interior textures be updated in the new release?

Just my opinion, but shouldn't it take a little time to reload the 50 grenades, and not be instantly like it currently is?

Maybe you could add that into the next version.

I really like how quick this thing drives though. And finally the west have something to compare to the wide range of BMP's out there. (though that's the only type of vehicle that the east had a better selection of than the west.)

-Cos.

ok, did some test

it took 4 rpg's

2 russian at4's

and it usually flipped upside down or did some wierd bouncing when hit