Sign in to follow this  
302_Dragon

Usmc mod update

hmm, seems to that aav7 is to high on it's tracks.

The vehicle should be lowered a bit on it's tracks.

check out these;

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/aav1.gif

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/aavp7a1-dvic381.jpg

The hatches and viewports for the driver and commander are a bit off (to high). I hope you will change this.

btw. Have you seen the ingame pics of the aav7 of codeblue?

it looks great. To bad they won't release anything untill the entire mod is done sad_o.gif

IRL does the top open up on them?

Well thanks for the positive comments an feedback.Im going to get this thang as acurate as i can.There will be some limits that I wont mess with,such as the doors opening up an so forth.To do that I will have to waste some detail on the outside and put it on the inside.I dont want to do that.

I haven't said it yet, so here it comes:

The model looks great allready

I know the model is still unfiniced, but:

-Will you add a bowplate (the thingy they turn up when the vehicle is in the water) and will you make it move?

-will you add the storage racks on the back of the vehicle?

when you add equipment add it there and don't hang it from the side of the vehicle. We as players also use the vehicle in the water (unlike the real marines in Iraq) and it looks stupid if all the bags are hanging in the water.

-Do you know what I meant with the tracks? Look at the side of the vehicle and look at the plate that covers the tracks in the front. You see that it is placed too low. The tracks look quite small (on the real vehicle), that's because the vehicle is rather huge! So you might want to consider to scale the tracks down a bit.

I have a very nice picture showing the storage-racks, bags in the storage-racks, bowplate and the plate that covers the tracjks in the front. I don't know where I found it, so I'll mail it to ya.

a request; could you post a pic that shows th side. I like to see if it has the correct demensions, and isen't too short (Like TOW's). the site www.fas.org has some side drawings of the vehicle. You can use those to get the vehicle right.

IRL does the top open up on them?

Yes it does

I know what you are talking about on the Tracks.I will have the bowplate movable.I dont know about putting cargo in the racks,But if I do than ill try and not let the water touch it.Heres the side view that you asked for.This is just to show the length an nothing more.Feedback is always welcomed though.

AAVside.jpg

am I mistaken or have you changed the tracks allready?

It looks different allready(the plate covering the tracks seems to be in the correct position on this picture)

Yes I have moved the Tracks alittle to the Right pos.It doesnt really look just right yet.But My biggest prob is going to be textures.I will probly e@mail everyont that I can for shots of high res pics.Of the Sides,Front,and back Even top.So I can get it looking like a real AAV for the game.But more than likely I will have to make some.Ill probly put to geither a plastic model and take pictures of it.Thats the best method I think,If you dont have what you need.

I don't have shots from the sides and top (at least not showing the vehicle exactly from one side)

I do have a few pics showing aav7's

-an aav7 comming out of the water

-an aav7 going into the water (quite a rusted one)

You might want to take a look at www.militaryphotos.net for pics of aav7's in Iraq.

Sorry for not sending you the pictures yet. I'm at school so I'll send em when I'm home.

This one is going to be great,people!

And you might allways ask another mod-team to help you with textures. The aav7 of codeblue looks great. So you might want to consider tham to help you out. (they won't release theirs for months, so I don't see a problem). Also note that some textures of BIS' M2A2 can be used.

I have alot of High Res Pictures.But they are mostly angled pixs.Some are about 1mb -2mb in size very nice pixs.You dont have to worry about sending me any pix.

oops, you're fast. Read my edit of my previous post.

Ok, I'll try and search for some nice pics from the sides ect.

You might also open a topic to get people to help you.I know there are a few marines on the forums, so who knows, they might just want to take a fewphotos for you.

I wish I could get some Marine to hook me up with some Pix.But I doubt that will ever happen.

Please don´t make the Fault of TOW. With the windows kind of cutted out of the Hatch. just add some textures that look like windows or make "real" windows but jsut don´t cut them out! ... hope you understand my weird english.

interiour and detailpics (might help you with the model and texteres): LINK

Heh, someone visits the opflashpoint.org forums i see smile_o.gif

hmm, what are you talking about? I searched for pics and that is what I came up with. I never even visited ofpfashpoint.org. Do they have more and better links/pics?

ok, it's small community sometimes.

evis; since you are with BAS, do you happen to know someone that can help shadows with textures??

ok, it's small community sometimes.

evis; since you are with BAS, do you happen to know someone that can help shadows with textures??

You mean the object shadows are displaying textures on the ground? If so then no, ive never even heard of it happening before.

hehehe;

do you happen to know someone that can help NZXSHADOWS with textures?

Heh, strange double meaning sentance!

And no, not off the top of my head, most of the texturers i know are busy.

Thanks for the help guys,Im sure Ill or well figure something out.So just dont lose hope on me.And about the Windows deal.I know what you are talking about.The AAVP7A1 im doing is going to be more realistic.So you wont see any of that mess on mine.No offense to TOW.There AAV is superb for the time being.I cant wait to see the next release of it.

good to hear that. btw; TOW made an old version (without the added armor). The new version (of TOW) begins to look good (at least they got the proportians good this time)

and if you really loose all hope;

Marfy has some texturing tutorials on his site; that should get you started biggrin_o.gif