Sign in to follow this  
Koxe

Lan party

wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif What about a LAN PARTY?rock.gifwow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

To all the OFP Players/CLANS/SQUADS/EFL-MEMBERS

Would it not be nice if the whole OFP Community would gather on a Hughes Lan Party?

If HALFLIFE, Unreal, Quake and on and on Community´s can manage something like that, why dont we?

Talking about 2 or 3 Days of gaming/Pizza and milk and the chance to finally meet all the freaks and Clans/Squads

Maybe a Big European Championship (this is to EFL)?rock.gif

This question is to all the people who might be interested in such a thing. Lets stick out heads together a build something

I would sure like to see one happen in the Los Angeles area. I've talked with a couple different guys on the servers who live in my area (that's USA, L.A. Calif). So I know there's a few of us here that could possibly hook up and play.

Hmm probably would be better if it was located in Europe, more players from over here I think.

Or one here and one there.

Just go to a few LANs and threaten to turn off the electricity until everyone plays OFP wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Keep Dreamin... Lol, Unless you want to spends 10-20 Grand On computers. Good luck.

Or if you have some1 who has LAN computers that are capible of playing this game.. then just ask to use it and annouce it all over the Opf Community.

Would be really nice. I recon it would be somewhere in Germany, since most players I see are from germany, and it's quite central, so it could be travelled from for example Netherlands, Belgium, France, Czech and Denmark. A little harder, but if you'd really want it, it's doable from UK, Italy, and other Scandinavian countries.

Keep Dreamin... Lol, Unless you want to spends 10-20 Grand On computers. Good luck.

Or if you have some1 who has LAN computers that are capible of playing this game.. then just ask to use it and annouce it all over the Opf Community.

The lans i have been going to, people normally bring their own computer rock.gif

Well, I've got a nice little LAN session with my buddies coming this Friday...looks like we might have 10 guys - a record for us...OFP, DF:BHD, Raven Shield. Lucky me tounge_o.gif

The lans i have been going to, people normally bring their own computer  rock.gif

Lol exactly I thought that was the whole beauty of LAN parties rock.gif

The lans i have been going to, people normally bring their own computer  rock.gif

Lol exactly I thought that was the whole beauty of LAN parties  rock.gif

We have a mix - about half bring their babies with them (like me), and others use the PCs provided...we're lucky enough to be able to play at a friend's home-office that has a dedicated network (complete with servers) set up.

I feel rather lucky myself. I know of at least four people I LAN with on a semi-regular basis. At odd times it can be as many as six. Which isn't bad considering we all are running on a 100mbps hub so there's nary a spot of lag.

Ugh. Routers for a LAN game? All routers do is lower your bandwidth.

Incidentally, I'm going to a LAN party this Sunday. Some 20 people are expected, it's OFP all day long smile_o.gif

Since it's in an office environment, all we need to bring is our PC, keyboard & mouse (unless you don't mind using someone else's) and OFP CD's. Monitors, LAN cables etc. are all provided for.

It's gonna be great fun! biggrin_o.gif

Edit: And getting back on topic, I think this idea for a European OFP LAN party would be great! I'd love to attend!

There was an article on slashdot on organising a LAN party. Lots of good pointers there!

Hi

This weekend 5 danish ofp-squads and a lot of single players had a great lanparty in the city of Odense. There were 37 participants and we had some great lag-free massive multiplayer games.

I'll be back with pictures and a more detailed description of the activities later. (Since I'm exhausted right now.)

[DANBAT 2.4]Snake

Damn theres only 1 place for lan parties in Vermont, and thats in the mall, and the dream machine is in a voilation of some fire code so no lan parties in VT mad_o.gif

I used to have lan parties at school computer lab every week (1999-2000). After work on a Friday, we'd all go up to the computer lab, one of us we'd go to the store, pick up a bunch of drinks and food, and we'd stay for many many hours. I think the we stayed there once till 8AM Saturday moring, and once we went back to school on saturday to play even longer. It was damn fun, we played Baldurs Gate in a 6 player coop, or a little Diablo, Star Craft, WarCraft 2, TFC, SoF, AvP, Blood, Star Trek Armamda also kept up playing for a few weeks.

Those were some of my best MP gaming memories.

-=Die Alive=-

A LAN-Party ... yes this will be great. No lags no waiting but it´s much more difficult to organize a Lan-Party. There´re lot of LAN´s but they´re all done by people which earn there money with it. Highprofessional I guess. Some privat partys are much more uncomplicatet. 20 people is a good amount I guess ... I never visit a LAN Party cause I good my PC since one year. I live in Berlin and I never heard about a official LAN Party here. But if there´re some Berlin OFP-Junkies in this forum tell me and maybe we can organize a cool Party here. Got a 33 m² flat, so at my "Castle" it will be impossible :-( Got a strong PC but a dumb 56k Modem and in latest times there very few servers which play OFP.

I hate this CTF rush-and-die-shit. I prefer coops or maybe a cool big mission where to armys fight against each other. Some very cool Addons are done, so it´s possible that one Army already got a Island and the other Army must capture the whole thing. A Mission which can be played over days will be a dream/wish from me. A War ... a War which takes more than few hours to win it. Only possible with some skilled missionmakers and in a LAN-party and lot of "Soldiers" ... a weekend or something like that.

Berliners ? are you there ? So do your duty wink_o.gif

I used to have lan parties at school computer lab every week (1999-2000).  After work on a Friday, we'd all go up to the computer lab, one of us we'd go to the store, pick up a bunch of drinks and food, and we'd stay for many many hours.  I think the we stayed there once till 8AM Saturday moring, and once we went back to school on saturday to play even longer.  It was damn fun, we played Baldurs Gate in a 6 player coop, or a little Diablo, Star Craft, WarCraft 2, TFC, SoF, AvP, Blood,  Star Trek Armamda also kept up playing for a few weeks.

Those were some of my best MP gaming memories.

-=Die Alive=-

Sounds cool hehe... Didn't they lock the school during night/weekends?

In Czech Republic we have good LAN party´s...only image:

45 players,3days of playing OFP:RES,large MAPS,lot of beer wink_o.gif we dont have big problem to create LAN party here

wink_o.gif

Status please tell me that is a land rover fording some water in the far left of your signature smile_o.gif

Status please tell me that is a land rover fording some water in the far left of your signature smile_o.gif

Ofcourse it´s Land rover:)

clearly if we have an OFP lan party it would be held in boston england....