Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Delta force - black hawk down: team sabre

bhd_thumb001.jpg

NovaLogic reveals a Delta Force add-on that will take the action to Columbia and Iran and add drivable vehicles.

more screens (7)

View the slideshow »

Screenshot Index »

NovaLogic has announced that it's working on an expansion pack for its best-selling tactical shooter called Delta Force - Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre. The add-on will take the action out of the crowded urban settings in Somalia with two new single-player campaigns: a drug mission deep in the jungles of Columbia and an antiterrorist mission in oil fields on islands off the coast of Iran. The fictional campaigns are designed to move the action into immense wide-open environments.

While there should be plenty of single-player content in Team Sabre, the main focus will be the new multiplayer features, most notably the drivable vehicles. At this time, NovaLogic has revealed four of the many vehicles planned for the add-on: a helicopter, a Zodiac speedboat, an LCAC transport hovercraft, and a three-man buggy. The studio has been working on the vehicles since before the release of Black Hawk Down, and it is incorporating the physics engine used in Commanche 4, which should help give the helicopter pictured in the screenshots a realistic feel.

The add-on will also feature more than 30 new multiplayer maps that take advantage of the new expansive settings in Columbia and Iran. The wide-open spaces in the new maps should favor different sorts of tactics, but even the dense jungle environments won't be off-limits for those who like to snipe, as it will be possible to climb up the trees to get a better shot.

Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre is scheduled for release this fall. The expansion pack will require that players own the original game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc....04.html

www.novalogic.com

The studio has been working on the vehicles since before the release of Black Hawk Down, and it is incorporating the physics engine used in Commanche 4, which should help give the helicopter pictured in the screenshots a realistic feel.

A dream i had back in DF1+2 was to see Delta Force mixed with Armored Fist 3 and Comanche 3 , as they use the same engine, i thought one day novalogic would make it

But unfortunately they never made my dream a game , now OFP is here and have all i wanted in my dream biggrin_o.gif

Good to see that novalogic decide to mix their game , too bad it is too late , as i continue to prefer the 2 old DF voxel game , even if it is not eye candy, it was very interesting.

I like the picture with the operative sitting in the co-pilots seat.

BF1942 anybody?  sad_o.gif

I'd hate to be a delta force op right now

ok, no i wouldn't

(pic)

I think they need to leave this theme behind them and start on something new altogether, or at least try to get it something like real life, you feel more like a highly trained SFOD guy when you play bumper cars than these bloody boring games.

Also why does the mission end every time alpha goes down in the first one?

They don't know how to take losses in that game.

Not like when you're defending against a armoured onslought and everyone's just dead when the smoke clears.

Damn, 2 is down

Damn, 3 is down

Damn, 4 is down

Damn, 5 is down

Damn, 6 is down

Damn, 7 is down

Damn, 8 is down

Damn, 9 is down

Damn, 10 is down

Damn, 11 is down

Damn, 12 is down

hehe

Hehehe. Many a time I have sat slack jawed white knuckling my mouse wondering how the hell I was still alive.

Hehehe. Many a time I have sat slack jawed white knuckling my mouse wondering how the hell I was still alive.

Aww come on, Novalogic press releases aren't that bad...

I like the picture with the operative sitting in the co-pilots seat.

BF1942 anybody?  sad_o.gif

I'd hate to be a delta force op right now

ok, no i wouldn't

(pic)

I dunno about you guys, but the guys in that picture look like escaped convicts more than highly trained delta operatives. Just look at their faces and you will get what I mean.

*Sigh* A Delta piloting a Littlebird...and I thought Novalogic couldn´t stoop any lower sad_o.gif

Well, at least the graphics are nice. smile_o.gif

Not just any littlebird, a window-free littlebird. crazy_o.gif

Yeah, the graphics for the h20 is really nice, hopefully something like that'll be in OFP2(the water gfx, I mean;it acutally looks and feels like water).  I also kinda like how they have swimming implemented, but that's about all I like.

I look forward to this. It looks great. I was really disappointed when nova said that BHD wouldnt have driveable vechiles. I hope its easy to drive them. I think it will add a whole new atmosphere to DF.

It really doesnt surprise that they are making an expansion to this. I mean where can they go after this? I really dont see anywhere to go.

DF Vietnam? rock.gif

DF Gulf War 1 rock.gif

DF Korea wink_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Im kinda wondering if this could be the last stop for DF.

The first MP games I ever played were DF1&2... so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. I actually just bought DF:BHD and have had a blast playing MP games - it's as much fun as I remember it being. The city landscapes are a lot of fun.

I'm not comparing it to OFP, I really think there is a lot to distinguish the two of them, but it is fun to play. OFP is my simulator, DF:BHD is my new toy. smile_o.gif