Sign in to follow this  
Warin

I need a loan...

Wait a sec...they're not de-militarizing that thing before they go off and sell it to a private individual? rock.gif (I note it has Radar, ect advertized).

Wait a sec...they're not de-militarizing that thing before they go off and sell it to a private individual?  rock.gif (I note it has Radar, ect advertized).

With a boat that big, they'd have to leave SOME sort of radar installed, or you'd be a freaking hazard to navigation biggrin_o.gif

I figure they are hoping someone like say...Canada... might buy it. LOL. Can you imagine us with an Aircraft Carrier? biggrin_o.gif

I was talking about the air radar they mention...it would kind of suck to inadvertedly light up a military aircraft when sailing near some hot spot on your summer holiday and end up with an anti-radiation missile up your arse biggrin_o.gif

I was talking about the air radar they mention...it would kind of suck to inadvertedly light up a military aircraft when sailing near some hot spot on your summer holiday and end up with an anti-radiation missile up your arse biggrin_o.gif

Good point biggrin_o.gif

But then, since you dont really need it unless you are conducting air ops, why would you even turn it on? smile_o.gif

I can just see flying a Cessna off this thing. The ultimate vacation vehicle. The only problem is convincing enough of your friends that they really want to go on vacation with you. Then putting them to work biggrin_o.gif

Good point biggrin_o.gif  

But then, since you dont really need it unless you are conducting air ops, why would you even turn it on? smile_o.gif

I can just see flying a Cessna off this thing.  The ultimate vacation vehicle.  The only problem is convincing enough of your friends that they really want to go on vacation with you.  Then putting them to work biggrin_o.gif

Once you play OFP, most of your friends will go away :P

I don't know if you'd even be able to gather enough friends, or even friend's friends for that matter to man that ship.

Could just imagine 'the national lampoon's tropical vacation' with this thing.  crazy_o.gif

-------------

minas_gerais.jpg

Well, what worries me is that with such goodies it can still be used as a weapon...kind of a conspicuous one at that for a private individual, but hey, strange things have happened. I mean the Russians have a bad rep for selling military equipment to whoever, and you can even buy a MiG-29 from them privately, but you can be sure they'll pass on your name to a US federal agency in order for some background checks and then they'll strip away radar, weapons systems, ect.

so if you saved up enough money to buy an airplane, saved up enough to earn a private liscense (plus type rating for the airplane), knew who to contact to buy a warplane in the first place, knew who to contact to have it re-militarized, and knew who to contact to buy weapons and ammo.

then you'd have a serious weapon on your hands. biggrin_o.gif

A New Yacht For Warin

Only 4.5 million US.

Any takers? biggrin_o.gif

Stop spamming Warin!

This is your last chance, don't make me do naughty stuff!

Instead of spending your money on a boat you'd better send it to me, just PM me if any of you guys are interested, i'll use the money in a very useful way!

So, send all your money to DarkLight © , we know you want to!

Quote[/b] ]Complement: 1300 (1000 Navy, 300 Air)

- does that mean you are also buying the crew?

WOW! LETS ALL CHIP IN AND BUY THAT!

$4,500,000 is only.......

3,806,468.54 EUROS

6,168,608.05 CANADIAN DOLLARS

2,731,250.75 BRITISH POUNDS!!!!!!!!

Right then, if we all chip in......

23755 registered users.........

4,500,000 / 23755

= $189!

which is about 150 quid!

mind you, when you look at the number of active users on this forum who would chip in money to buy this thing you get...

4,500,000 / 4

= $1125000

rock.gif

Well the ship is big, but with 23755 registerd ofp-users playing paintball on the deck i guess it will be a little crowded.

And knowing some of the ofp-community's flying skill i hope we all can agree, that using autohover and 3rd-person view is a must when landing choppers on that thing biggrin_o.gif

btw. how strong is the radar? can it be bought separate?  tounge_o.gif

does is come with aa-canons installed?

I searched the Avon's Lady's faq but culdnt find any answers for those two questions sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif Might be me dooing something wrong.

Looking thorugh my bankaccount i think i just have enough for it, but what worries me is the fuel-consumption. I want to be able to fill her up just once. And do i want to know how much juice/money it uses pr. hour?

Quote[/b] ]1 gallon = 3.79 liter

3.79 liter diesel from local gasstation (anti-freeze) * 6 danish kroners = 22,74 danish kroner

1 US dollar is roughly 7 danish kroners.

1 gallon = 3,25 dollar

Please help me out, what wuld the average cost be pr. hour?

In the meantime i will go tjeck what it will cost me to get all of Nyhavn - Copenhagen to dock my ship in. Cant be that expensive, i always see alot of nice yachts there.

SkyQuake - a interested buyer

Quote[/b] ]Capacity: 3,196 Tons plus 98,000 gallons of Aviation fuel

Endurance: 12,000 Nautical miles @ 14 Knots, 6,200 Nautical Miles @ 25 Knots

Ok so it uses 0.515 tons/nautical mile @ 25 knots. That's 0.25 kg/m. It's top speed is 25 knots = 12.86 m/s.

It's consumption is then 3.247 kg/s. It runs on oil and the current market price is about 150 €/ton.

That makes the cost 0.501 €/s = 1804 €/h  smile_o.gif

It would be cool if you use the ship for airsoft CQB games. biggrin_o.gif

Just... do clean everything up after every skirmish or you could trip over those BB's laying on the floors. biggrin_o.gif

-SkyQuake @ June 01 2003,14:25)]Well the ship is big, but with 23755 registerd ofp-users playing paintball on the deck i guess it will be a little crowded.

And knowing some of the ofp-community's flying skill i hope we all can agree, that using autohover and 3rd-person view is a must when landing choppers on that thing biggrin_o.gif

btw. how strong is the radar? can it be bought separate?  tounge_o.gif

does is come with aa-canons installed?

I searched the Avon's Lady's faq but culdnt find any answers for those two questions sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif Might be me dooing something wrong.

Looking thorugh my bankaccount i think i just have enough for it, but what worries me is the fuel-consumption. I want to be able to fill her up just once. And do i want to know how much juice/money it uses pr. hour?

Quote[/b] ]1 gallon = 3.79 liter

3.79 liter diesel from local gasstation (anti-freeze) * 6 danish kroners = 22,74 danish kroner

1 US dollar is roughly 7 danish kroners.

1 gallon = 3,25 dollar

Please help me out, what wuld the average cost be pr. hour?

In the meantime i will go tjeck what it will cost me to get all of Nyhavn - Copenhagen to dock my ship in. Cant be that expensive, i always see alot of nice yachts there.

SkyQuake - a interested buyer

Lucky you, im missing 987'340 $ until i get 4.5 million $

Argh crazy_o.gif

I think BIS should use the money that they got from the sales of OFP to buy this "boat" ...

Great idea! BIS can use that carrier as working studio and even for promotion parties!! They can also ship to all countries to make research! smile_o.gif

I'm affraid it doesn't fit in the mayor European rivers, els I'd sure boughed it biggrin_o.gif. Would be cool to ask the harbour master of some small fishing village if he has a spot for your new babe-magnet for the weekend... smile_o.gif

How about we find some really big forums with thousands of active members each, then set up a pyramid scheme tounge_o.gif We should be able to scam enough money to buy this beast, convert a part of it into a big LAN room, another part into a developer studio for all the mod makers, hire a crew, buy a few carrier aircraft, pay for fuel and then all the forum regulars can cruise around the world in an aircraft carrier, playing Flashpoint, making addons and doing all other kinds of fun things. Should be rather grand.