Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

WrpTool Terrain Editor

Great stuff, I been waiting for a new wrp editor for ages. WrpEdits UI is just too clunky and time consuming. Hope this one has a better UI, Copy & paste is a must have for starters wink_o.gif

You guys got an ETA on release? If you need an extra beta tester I'm willing... hehe

Enjoying your ranger campaign by the way smile_o.gif

looks excellent guys, keep it going. smile_o.gif

And yeah, please, for the love of god include the copy/paste function... thats all we ask!

cheers lads smile_o.gif

I have several first born children I can exchange for this tool smile_o.gif Can't wait! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Im all up for new maps as long as there are missions to go with them.

Looks great Snake Man smile_o.gif

RED

Wow.

When will it be ready?

One important idea, make small tool for this WrpTool biggrin_o.gif (sounds funny) i mean: if some object have position X: 5621,21 then this tool should set X position of selected objects as 5621,21. This is an very good idea for making long roadwayz wink_o.gif . I making some island and it's very big problem biggrin_o.gif .

Small update to our WrpTool project page.

First we have the five brothers having a nice reunion at 51km terrain.

wrptool-24.gif

Then zoom into Chapoi, taking a look around there...

wrptool-26.gif

and when we are bored, lets use mouse to drag a box over bunch of trees, hit CTRL-C and

wrptool-27.gif

Copy & Paste them around a bit...

wrptool-28.gif

I have been playing around with this util now for two days, here is some facts: It has not crashed yet. Its fast, no laggyness on my 1.3ghz, 512mb, gf2 gts machine when editing 51km terrain. Moving objects is easy, use mouse to drag them around. Placing objects is pretty much easy as you select object from Object Browser and place it with ALT-LeftMouseButton or INSERT key press. Or you can put mouse over existing object, press HOME key to fetch the object type there and then place it with the above mentioned method. Rotating the objects is easy, hold down left SHIFT key and LeftMouseButton and move mouse around, object rotates. You can also select option that when you place new object, it has already random rotation.

Its a good start 🙂

looks great nice features

only the desert island, isnt really a brother of the islands wink_o.gif

Yes, looks great...copy and paste biggrin_o.gif

I hope that the objects won't use the same display image like they are in the screenshots when this is released?

Maybe next you can take all the jungle islands and morph them into a south pacific island chain, then all the desert ones.

looks great nice features

only the desert island, isnt really a brother of the islands  wink_o.gif

well desert island is just the small military island of malden wink_o.gif

Just a question: Well Visitor is released so are you guys going to continue on this 1 or leave it alone? maybe you can get this thing working in visitor wink_o.gif

<span style='font-family:trebechut ms'><span style='color:#851C07'>Why would he have just updated and replied to this topic if he wasn't going to complete it?</span></span>

@bd: I dont know realy but maybe he can update it to let it work with visitor so we can use all the options on it in visitor. smile_o.gif

@bd: I dont know realy but maybe he can update it to let it work with visitor so we can use all the options on it in visitor.  smile_o.gif

<span style='font-family:trebechut ms'><span style='color:#851C07'>You mean a fully translated version of visitor? Hmmmmm... cough cough... just sit tight.</span></span>

@bd: I dont know realy but maybe he can update it to let it work with visitor so we can use all the options on it in visitor.  smile_o.gif

<span style='font-family:trebechut ms'><span style='color:#851C07'>You mean a fully translated version of visitor? Hmmmmm... cough cough... just sit tight.</span></span>

I think he means that perhaps Wrptool will be updated to work with Visitor. Going by BIS' initial comments on Visitor release, what we got is all we gonna get.

Yep thats Right sir. But bd that brings me on a idea.

I am gonna mail the authors of this program of they can make this tool work with Visitor and translate Visitor to English wink_o.gif

Yep thats Right sir. But bd that brings me on a idea.

I am gonna mail the authors of this program of they can make this tool work with Visitor and translate Visitor to English  wink_o.gif

I already have 95% of visitor translated....

Yep Blackdog just confrmed it to me.. The translation of Visitor will be a real bonus for the community. Well done.

I think you should continue work on this project. I for one would use it...and others might too, depending on how much you can actually do with Visitor (custom stuff...). Hope you do finish it smile_o.gif

Of course we continue on developing our tool smile_o.gif

Actually the release of Visitor didn't change much. We only skip our first alpha release since all those things can now be done with Visitor too and there is no urgent need for it anymore.

There might not be so many updates in the next time since we are currently planing the features and structure of the final tool (until now it was more or less testing of what's possible).

But maybe we can keep you happy with some screenshots of the test of our more advanced features smile_o.gif