Sign in to follow this  

Coc torpedoes 1.0 released

I think I found a bug...

I get damaged when I launch from either a plane or a helo.

Both the A10's and the su25 do this so there might be a bug (or I just cant use torps very well)

Ex-RoNiN

Sorry to say but the ARA Belgrano is not going to be part of the Falklands Mod at this time, she has little direct affect on the land campaign, and this is one of the primary reason for not putting her in.

I think I found a bug...

Both the A10's and the su25 do this so there might be a bug (or I just cant use torps very well)

Torpedoes as big and  heavy as the Shkval are simply not meant to be dropped from planes. Choppers that arn't moving to fast can handle them but planes do collide with them from time to time.

Are you using the test vehicles that came with the package or have you added the torpedoes by yourself?

Edit: Also if you make a stuka-dive after you have dropped the torpedoes you can collide with them in mid-air. That's not too strange though. They fall slower than your jets thrust your aircraft down. If your aim is good then you can hit them on the way down smile_o.gif

I think I found a bug...

Hi CBFASI

Some of the generic aircraft are not designed to take such huge loads. We need the serious Model Makers out their to start making specific addons especialy for the torpedoes.

We perhaps need to make a list of:-

* what aircraft can carry the torpedoes

* which torpedoes they can carry

* how many torpedoes they can carry

* What the drop procedure (speed attitude etc) for that aircraft is

Isn't it amaizing how OFP physics are so close to the real world; even when we stretch the boundaries? wow_o.gif

Masses of praise to BIS for making such robust game physics

Kind Regards walker

Very good work CoC smile_o.gif Now all i have to do is bug someone long enough so that they will make a new UH-60 with naval textures and proxies for the torps, and the same for MI-28. Great work guys biggrin_o.gif

Physics?!

If you hit a boat before the topredo is armed, the ship jumps about 50 meters up in the air and lands back in the water as if nothing happened. The torpedo just keeps on going until it hits something further beyond.

Also, those torps sure look like they're going fast!

Lotsa fun! biggrin_o.gif

Noticed one other thing too, when on steady height with an airplane sometimes the torpedoes i drop hit my aircraft thus sending me into a deathspin towards my intended target.

Hi all

TEST PILOTS NEEDED Must be prepared to die (a lot) biggrin_o.gif

If people could do some testing of the torpedoes with different aircraft.

Format something like

Aircraft = ?

Torpedo = ?

Max Safe Num to Carry = ?

Max Speed to Drop = ?

Attitude to drop at Max speed (approx) = ?

Min Speed to Drop =  ?

Attitude to drop at Min speed (approx) = ?

Maximum drop altitude = ?

Volunteer in this thread so no one tests the same aircraft and torpedo then Edit your volunteer post with your findings

Kind Regards walker

Love the Nukes! Best part of it all really! Is there a way of putting them on land without them blowing though? So you could try and capture them etc.

quite simply outstanding gentlemen!

would u consider doing any other thermonuclear weapons?

i don't think they can be done any better in the current engine and a low yield merv warhead would be perfect for hunt the nuclear terrorists....(i remember a GM counter addon from ofpec i think)

i am sure that i could hack together somthing eventually but seeing the quality of  your work i think it would be disrespectfull....maybe a script to exec the bomb and playsound for the sound....

any hooo whatever your decision thanks for the torps! biggrin_o.gif

ps just noticed how large ships are rocked by the nuke when outside the blast radius f#####g A1! tounge_o.gif

would u consider doing any other thermonuclear weapons?

Actually yes smile_o.gif We have some cool effects for larger nukes that we didn't put in the torpedo pack for practical and performance reasons.

It's possible though that we'll release a nuke pack later that can be used with a range of weapons (bombs, torpedoes, the CoC Cruise Missiles that are currently in development etc).

Noticed one other thing too, when on steady height with an airplane sometimes the torpedoes i drop hit my aircraft thus sending me into a deathspin towards my intended target.

I had the smae problem, but the first one you release you cna release going staright forward/flat, but all the ones after that you have to release in a climb, about the same angle as below, but i think the steeper the better...

torplane1.jpg

... Is there a way of putting them on land without them blowing though? So you could try and capture them etc.

Hi,

I would really like to see them as static Objects!

Greetings,

Vektorboson

yeah, Denoir gives us a nuke that looks like that and CoC has in development some artillery and cruise missiles.  I think the Shkval is just the beginning.

smile_o.gif

oooh.... a remote-detonated nuclear mine. That gives me an idea.

The Shkval (nuke) should be availible in a silverish case that is open so that you see the torpedo. It would be great for weapon dealer missions i tell ya. By the way i am preparing for a test flight, official ac only or are add-on's "allowed" for testing too?

I have it tested them with most of the test platforms plus other aircrafts such Marineflieger Tornado.

The resoults are great.

In some cases you get yourself killed by your own weapon if you go faster than it when you release (No safety distance to arm tounge_o.gif )

Thi is usually no problem at all for any boat or helo launching platform but can be for planes or high speed helos.

It is wise to drop the weapon slow or with some altitude 200 mts or with some climbing pitch. The point is just do not be ahead of the weapon when it reaches water smile_o.gif

With Tornado and with enough altitude that is not a problem since when the torp reaches the water you are outside his detection cone.

Said this I want to thank Denoir and CoC for the long time awaited Addon.

GOOD JOB!!!

phew~~! i finally find a way to defend me pauk class ship from those danger fish..........shoot and destory them with my cannon tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

but shkval come to fast.....need some luck :P

phew~~! i finally find a way to defend me pauk class ship from those danger fish..........shoot and destory them with my cannon tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

but shkval come to fast.....need some luck :P

smile_o.gif And that was the main goal of the Soviets when they designed the Shkval, too fast to do anything against it.

Most Western torpedoes travel low and slow, Shkval is right up near surface so it uses speed for it's mission.

Oh my sweet God. I've been waiting for these babies for a while, but let me tell you it was worth every day after I saw how simple it was to attach them to aircraft... And the nuke effects are stunning.

Thank you, CoC.

Some glitches I've noticed (some with unofficial addons, so they may not be relevant)

I tried dropping a few fish with Adammo's C-130, but no matter which torpedo I tried and regardless of which angle I was pointing, releasing one made my airspeed drop to zero. It didn't do any damage, but merely stopped the plane.

Sometimes the trackers don't work at all (I noticed this was a pretty rare bug), as I placed a boat (east>armored>boat), locked on with an MK-46, dropped at ~25 meters and ~230 airspeed with an A-10, at ~750 meters from the target, and it didn't change course at all to direct itself into the boat, but came within a short distance of it (so I know it was within the tracking cone), then fizzled out eventually.

To counter these... I don't frequently use the C-130, and the other bugs are pretty rare.

Great job, and I'm eagerly awaiting more quality addons by the CoC team!

Great addon i was waitin for this for ages!

By the way i have a good pic but where is the screen shot folder.

i dnt know if its possible at but i tried to camcreate a shkvalnuc onland, but it didnt explode. it even had the sounds of a shkval moving, but it didnt explode. is this possible to change or should i wait for the cruise missile pack thingy?

the_unknown_one

p.s great addon uve done a great job tounge_o.gif

If you want a good laugh, put the nuke in Le port and then stand near the dock on the other side of the hill, you see the mushroom and then all the trees and bushes flatten.

i dnt know if its possible at but i tried to camcreate a shkvalnuc onland, but it didnt explode. it even had the sounds of a shkval moving, but it didnt explode. is this possible to change or should i wait for the cruise missile pack thingy?

Use createVehicle instead of camCreate. smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

nuke = "CoC_ShkvalNuc" createVehicle pos

where pos is the position you want it created at.