Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

The matrix: reloaded

Guys......

I have seen the bashing from my ignorant friend, but I wouldnt expect it from smart ppl like most of u are. The reason why u didnt like it is because u dont understand notin, and I repeat notin of what happened, you just went to watch the kool scenes and didnt pay attention to the storyline. It is a great movie and I cant wait for revolution to find out the whole truth.

crazy movie, so good, beware u need brains to understand....

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!

The main reason why some people said "The Matrix" sucked, is because they did'nt understand ANYTHING about the movie. mad.gif

I admit when I first saw the movie I was a little... lost...

But when I watched it for the 2nd and 3rd time, it all came to my head.

LOL biggrin.gif

Ok, well, I understood "The Martix" and the whole concept sucked. You have to understand some people like this sci fi stuff and some don't, it's a matter of opinion and depends on your character if you like movies like that. I don't even like Lord of the Rings, not because I don't understand it, not because the effects were semi real, but because to me it's a joke. tounge.gif I look at movies like this like at soap opereras or something.

I'm surprized so many fans of a realsitic "combat simulator" can stand movies liek that, I guess it makes sense.

Don't get me wron, I used to like movies like that around 10 years ago... not anymore.

I liked the Matrix, not so much as some of my friends who think it's the best movie ever made, but it was definitely worth seeing in theatres. More than the movie though I have to say I loved the soundtrack

matrix.jpg

01 Rock Is Dead - Marilyn Manson

02 Spybreak! (Short One) - Propellerheads

03 Bad Blood - Ministry

04 Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix) - Rob D

05 Prime Rudio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto

06 Leave You Far Behind - Lunatic Calm

07 Mindfields - Prodigy

08 Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix) - Rob Zombie

09 My Own Summer (Shove It) - Deftones

10 Ultrasonic Sound - Hive

11 Look To Your Orb For The Warning - Monster Magnet

12 Du Hast - Rammstein

13 Wake Up - Rage Against The Machine

I'll go see the sequel in a couple of days and probably buy the soundtrack to that one as well.

Yes well everyone I know also thought the movie was something great and tried convincing me, well that had the opposite effect. smile.gif I got stuck up on the logic of the whole deal if I remember, movie failed logic. biggrin.gif state machine incorrect, -10%. crazy.gifsmile.gif

Whatever. I've seen Tron, I don't need to watch the Matrix. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">beware u need brains to understand....<span id='postcolor'>

Like in the Crying Game? The last time I brought my brain to a movie was for Dude, Where's My Car.. Whoa... blew me away.

Anyway, here's what some Jesus freaks had to say about Matrix Reloaded. Jesus Freak's review

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 16 May 2003,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whatever.  I've seen Tron, I don't need to watch the Matrix. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">beware u need brains to understand....<span id='postcolor'>

Like in the Crying Game?  The last time I brought my brain to a movie was for Dude, Where's My Car..  Whoa... blew me away.

Anyway, here's what some Jesus freaks had to say about Matrix Reloaded.  Jesus Freak's review

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

No wonder you speak so weird, you lost your brain the dude where's my car movie

Bn880, i dont reckon the sci fi setting was bad, though it was not why i liked it.

The setting serves it's purpose, and uses something peeps can relate to, technology. As opposed to pure feats of perception (such as dreaming), it takes places through computers, something that people can comprehend easily enough.

Logic and reason can't assimilate everything, as much as they try. Such as "feelings" for example, they are irrational by nature.

Logic and reason can only really catagorize and order what is already know, the unknown is another thing altogether.

Anyhoo, here's a nice saying from a mate, used as an intro caption in one of his books:

"Pure understanding is the firm understanding that there is nothing to understand."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hell, why did Sean Connery never get a kid?<span id='postcolor'>

You mean other than his son, the actor, Jason?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what my friends are saying, it's pretty good.

One thing I have some questions about, of course, is the sex scene. My first thoughts upon hearing of such a seen in the Matrix can be summed up in three letters, particularly W, T, and F. I've also been told that it's the "most out-of-place sex scene since Enemy at the Gates," is there any truth to that assessment?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 16 May 2003,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got stuck up on the logic of the whole deal if I remember, movie failed logic.  biggrin.gif   state machine incorrect, -10%.   crazy.gif   smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL You're going to be sick of state machines by the end of this semester tounge.gif.

But yeah, some things bothered me, such as the fact that we'd produce just as much energy comatose, so why bother with the illusion anyway? And wouldn't it just be easier to give every person more or less the same illusion? But in the end if you overlook things like that and play dumb, it was entertaining smile.gif.

The Matrix story and concept is completely original, I think.

But a movie I would love to see made would be Splinter Cell or a Tom Clancy movie...

I think the Dark Tower books by Stephen King would make an amazing series of movies (5 books so far that deal with the Dark Tower, as well as some short stories). But the story's not finished yet, although it now seems it definitely will be when he once said he might never finish the series. But then again, remembering what what Hollywood did with The Running Man, maybe it's best left to the books. *shudders imaginning Ah-nold as Roland*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ 16 May 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what my friends are saying, it's pretty good.

One thing I have some questions about, of course, is the sex scene. My first thoughts upon hearing of such a seen in the Matrix can be summed up in three letters, particularly W, T, and F. I've also been told that it's the "most out-of-place sex scene since Enemy at the Gates," is there any truth to that assessment?<span id='postcolor'>

true lol like 5 min. and its funny cuz I thought the same of Enemy at the Gates lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ 16 May 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"most out-of-place sex scene since Enemy at the Gates,"<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, that one was a shocker. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 16 May 2003,16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 16 May 2003,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got stuck up on the logic of the whole deal if I remember, movie failed logic. biggrin.gif state machine incorrect, -10%. crazy.gifsmile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL You're going to be sick of state machines by the end of this semester tounge.gif.

But yeah, some things bothered me, such as the fact that we'd produce just as much energy comatose, so why bother with the illusion anyway? And wouldn't it just be easier to give every person more or less the same illusion? But in the end if you overlook things like that and play dumb, it was entertaining smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, produce energy wink.gif Ahh, that's a good one.

Okay, whoever started talking about weird logic, crazy.gif just because it sounds nice doesn't mean it's true. Because it isn't, there are things we do not understand, that doesn't make logic invalid.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 17 May 2003,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, produce energy  wink.gif  Ahh, that's a good one.<span id='postcolor'>

You know what I meant, radiate heat or bioelectrical energy or whatever the hell the Matrix harvests from humans. smile.gif The efficiency of such a process was another thing that had me scratching my head but that one I found easier to play along with thinking "oh well, maybe with tomorrow's technology"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, whoever started talking about weird logic, just because it sounds nice doesn't mean it's true. Because it isn't, there are things we do not understand, that doesn't make logic invalid.

<span id='postcolor'>

But...But....my state machine looks nice!! tounge.gif

Yeah, lol, I know. (Stupid VHDL syntax too <= yak; I'm going to be very sick of that Logic 2, I can tell already)

It is my assertion that it is much more efficient to use individual elements/substances or fundemental processes for the conversion of energy than using living organisms. I mean, seriously, it's absolute BS that you would harvest people like that, it's just a waste. smile.gif

Original Matrix has an awesome story and concept, but this time they totally screwed it up! I mean seriously how much stuff can they possibly steal from other books and movies before average-dumb-popcorn-eating-movie-goer starts to notice. Obviously not enough, because most people didn't notice and still reckon that the Matrix: Reloaded has an original plot. I bet same kind of people liked it that laughed at the Charlie's Angels 2 trailer...

The whole sex scene at Enemy at the Gates...I know it looked out of place and like a lot of people I think it would have been a better movie without the half-baked love story, but honestly, if you think about it, it's not like they could go off and rent a motel room. Russian women fought along with male troops in WWII, what do you think happened wink.gif. Can't comment on the scene in the Matrix as I haven't seen it yet.

I just saw the Matrix: Reloaded, and all I can say is I can't wait for Matrix Revoluton.

I enjoyed the plot of this one more than the first one. I was also glad to get some questions answered about the whole "AI took over the world, so How do we stop it?" thing. I usually hate english related things ("Fine" literature, metaphors for life blah blah blah) But I must say that the whole matrix is a metaphor for life. I also thought it was pretty funny at some times, Like the time that ...... I can't tell you, you will have to go out to see! smile.gif

I think somebody should make a mAtrix mod with the new animation editor. Holy crap would that be awsome!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 15 May 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, here's what some Jesus freaks had to say about Matrix Reloaded.  Jesus Freak's review

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, at first i thought this guy acted rather normal but at the end of his review he really freaks out.

...Weird people...