Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Other e3 games

I think Half Life 2 is going to be a big winner smile.gif

Very smart move of Valves to not officially announce HL2 until it was nearly done. They have been working on it since they released HL1 back in late 1998. Imagine if they had announced lets say early 1999. After four years of waiting... most people would be thinking 'another Duke Nuken Forever'.

I like realism in games, but I reckon HL2 will make up in its graphics, fun gameplay, good story, great enviroments, AI and physics. The graphics might not be as detailed as Doom III's, but they look a lot more realistic. Doom III's graphics look really cartoony to me, and I doubt it would have very exciting gameplay. For 10 hours: Open door, shoot monster, find key, discover monster, run away from monster, ambush monster, open door, kill monster...

That first screenshot from Call of Duty... Whats the betting were going to see some sniping action in the bombed out ruins of Stalingrad?

omhg HL2 AI > all other gamesi have seen, and throwing radiator grills at enemys i gonna be cool.

i loved the trailer where he was usin the grav gun against the strider, by ripping the letters off a hotel sign the letters being

F......U

lol valve own, tbh i remember when ppl round her said that TF2 and HL2 were vapourware and that they were a one trick pony.

ROFLMAO (I hardly ever use that "word" tounge.gif) that first Hl2 video was so damn funny, heh even the crowd laughed biggrin.gif. I hope there will be lots of places where you can use physics against your enemies.

And the best of all, you can still make all maps in WorldCraft (or Hammer editor as it's now), no need to learn using fancy new editors wink.gif. Can't wait for that game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ 15 May 2003,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What do you guys think of HALO2confused.gif it is a must have for all the Xbox users .....

Trailer here:

Link1

Link2

Link3

!!!!!!!!!!!Warning the trailer is 50mb big but its worth to vieuw it because its dam nice. smile.gif

Screenshots:

Wow

Warthog with Rocket

Dont play with fire works

What a Pursuit

Grand theft Halo?

Nice double guns<span id='postcolor'>

Im not a big halo fan even if i have an X-box, im more into Mechassault

i never liked Halo or Halo 2 and never will.

Halo looks good, but then again, alot of games look good...  sad.gif

I never played Halo, I will though when I'll get the chance.

Hmm, Call of Duty... Interesting, now why didn't I hear about that before? Hmm, yes, Stalingrad, enemy at the gates... Doing somebody in the middle of a row of sleeping men... tounge.gif

Good movie though. smile.gif

What happened to Ground Control? Don't tell me you never tryed Ground Control!

Anyway, f*** Half-Life 2! Give me Homeworld 2, and GC 2 then i'm sick for the next 3 weeks biggrin.gif

wow.gif

It's something of a maxim for 3d modelling that lighting makes all the difference, and it shows in those HL2 screenshots - some of the scenes almost look prerendered.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Midway @ 16 May 2003,02:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Americas Army rule's over'em all biggrin.gif

http://americasarmy.com/e3/screenshots.php

wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not bad.

Check out AA news article about an upcoming commerical Xbox version.

image removed: 300kb

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 16 May 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New Battlefield Command Screenshots (WWII RTS using modified Forgotten Battles engine)<span id='postcolor'>

im staying an extra year at college so i dont have to join the Navy and can play this, lol yea and the qualifications.

I'm not a big fan of flight sims, mostly because I get shot down a lot, even after having played them for over 15 years now, but LoMac does look really good. I hope they have scaleable difficulty settings, though. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ 16 May 2003,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 16 May 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New Battlefield Command Screenshots (WWII RTS using modified Forgotten Battles engine)<span id='postcolor'>

im staying an extra year at college so i dont have to join the Navy and can play this, lol yea and the qualifications.<span id='postcolor'>

Some video I found here smile.gif

Its on the side of the text

Here

500 mb hl2 vid out,

getting by bit torrent now, im told its very High res smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 16 May 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Obviously Lost >><span id='postcolor'>

ROFL

It's called "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost". biggrin.gif

I got bored with America's Army, no good low ping servers in UK and also lot's of dickheads typing dribble about owning people etc.

Plus all the gear is US and you can't even play as the terrorists! The training is too easy as well, if they made it challenging it might actually be worth doing it, like in Half life with the big jumps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 18 May 2003,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 16 May 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Obviously Lost >><span id='postcolor'>

ROFL

It's called "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Oblivion Lost". biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whatever tounge.gif

HL2 owned E3 this year, i mean look at those maps and the open space along with CQB in city 17.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ 18 May 2003,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the player was obviously lost in one those trailers biggrin.giftounge.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

I would be too- will you have to learn the Cyrillic alphabet to make any headway in this game?