Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Seventh

How about this, BIS can make the music for while your on missions and stuff, and they use liscened music to play on radios and stuff at bases and the like to give the enviroment more authenticity. So you might be walking through a base in 'Nam and The Doors will be playing out of a radio somewhere. Then you jump into a chopper and as you fly over the jungle some BIS or Seventh song/tune kicks in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 12 May 2003,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about this, BIS can make the music for while your on missions and stuff, and they use liscened music to play on radios and stuff at bases and the like to give the enviroment more authenticity. So you might be walking through a base in 'Nam and The Doors will be playing out of a radio somewhere. Then you jump into a chopper and as you fly over the jungle some BIS or Seventh song/tune kicks in.<span id='postcolor'>

liked the that thing with the radio

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ 13 May 2003,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rolling Stones.

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oh yeahhump.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ 10 May 2003,03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's no doubt that heavy metal fits OFP's war-theme and I must say Lagettie's work is right on.

I think he can make some great music apropriate for OFP2's timeline.

When I listen to My Life it gives me a sense of the 70's sound and atmosphere but in a more modern way (new age guitar-sound/quality etc). I like that.

I've never been a fan of the 60's bands (Beatles, The Doors etc) -too much before my time, but I think AC/DC would make for some great atmosperic music in OFP2. Angus and the gang is the only band I know of that have managed to keep the 70's style in modern album with the old style sound but in todays quality (The Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip-album).

Besides, who can compete with Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

'Nuff said!

Jungle Boogie by Kool & the Gang. It did come out in 1974 however.

-=Die Alive=-

Flying a Huey while listening to "Satisfaction" by the Stones is Vietnam era music not stuff like ACDC or any kind music thats later 70's

60's bands like the Doors are way more appropiate.

I grew up with all that stuff(ACDC) but that doesnt mean it's right for the timeline.

As for the other 2 conflicts...i dunno, does heavy metal scream out "African conflict" to you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ 14 May 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the other 2 conflicts...i dunno, does heavy metal scream out "African conflict" to you?<span id='postcolor'>

I think the music used in BHD pretty much screams out 'African Conflict' to be honest, who knows what they'll use for Europe, as long as its got a good drum beat to keep the tempo up then i dont suppose it really matters...

The seventh should make music for Ofp2 too!

Their music is great for sutch a game!

biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ 14 May 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flying a Huey while listening to "Satisfaction" by the Stones is Vietnam era music not stuff like ACDC or any kind music thats later 70's

60's bands like the Doors are way more appropiate.

I grew up with all that stuff(ACDC) but that doesnt mean it's right for the timeline.

As for the other 2 conflicts...i dunno, does heavy metal scream out "African conflict" to you?<span id='postcolor'>

BIS say it will be the 70ies, so AC/DC is a MUST! smile.gif at least the very early stuff.

I really hope that Seventh will not be making music for OFP2, original OFP was very immersive but the music in Resistance was a disappointment, it almost made the game not worth to complete.

Almost made the game not worth playing? I think that the music used was great in the places it was used. Sure, not the best music, but it wasn't so bad I didn't think the game was un-playable...

Music Themes and Campaign/Story in OFP were "independent". I hope there will be the same thing in OFP 2....

Maybe a bit too strong words, but at times I really disliked the music and it didn't fit at all to the mood. It was like watching a "C-series" movie. And at times the music was ok. If anything I disliked were the vocals...

Considerring that Seventh lurks here on the forum, it would be nice if he would tell us a little about whether Seventh will be producing music for OFP2 or not.

Say hello to the folks out there in the audience, David! smile.gif

/silent running - sonars on

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 15 May 2003,10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Considerring that Seventh lurks here on the forum, it would be nice if he would tell us a little about whether Seventh will be producing music for OFP2 or not.

Say hello to the folks out there in the audience, David! smile.gif

/silent running - sonars on<span id='postcolor'>

Not with all those fucked up comments people make about them...

Come on people be realistic Seventh is as much part of OFP as any other aspect thus needs to be carried on to the sequel.

Soul_Assassin has a point there.

These aren't a bunch of rich guys (correct me if I'm wrong, heh). They are just a band who just happened to find BIS and wrote some music for them. Actually, I am interested in how they got to meeting BIS and composing music for them!

They have been playing OFP since the start. Before any of us were here. They made/making/made but then stopped making Independence Lost & Operation Vietnam. We HAVE to give them thanks although we all must hate them for never completing things they were going to do :)

And as Forrest Gump would say - "And thats all I gotta say 'bout that"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 18 May 2003,02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They made/making/made but then stopped making Independence Lost & Operation Vietnam. We HAVE to give them thanks although we all must hate them for never completing things they were going to do smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it looks as if Operation Vietnam got included into the main product line, so having them release their mod wouldn't really have made much sense. Who knows for how long BIS has already been toying around with the idea of doing that era in their next release.

As for Independence Lost - I still hope not everything's lost on that - maybe some kind of expansion pack? It's always good to have the update already ready when you release the main product - so you can concentrate on fixing actual bugs instead of having to make a new campaign and stuff in addition.

And I hope Seventh will do some tracks for the new game - I liked their songs, and I found them to fit very well to the theme of the game. But I doubt they will comment on this here as long as people just bitch about everything.

I really liked the final cutscene of resistance with the U.S. troops coming for the rescue at the sound of "Darken" by 7th, BiS is very lucky to have a band creating music for them smile.gif , not something i see so often in other games wink.gif , i do agree that in OPF2 they should try to recreate 60s/70s style rock music and guitar, 7th dudes seem to be good musicians and i dont see why they shouldnt be able to do it confused.gif .

ya Seventh songs are great! hope to see more of e'm in OFP2 smile.gif

I liked many of the seventh songs, but I would love to see them add some of the "powerfull" "Hans Zimmer" kind of elements and melodies. I really like the stuff in games like Deadly Dozen and Battlefield:1942. Even Command & Conquer: Generals has some nice tunes.

Why should BIS spend a lotz of money for original 60s and 70s soundtrack? That wouldn't be cheap....

They have Seventh, there are more independent groups around the globe and i believe that Ondrej Matejka has the "power" to create stunning soundtracks who could meet the quality of Jack Zimmer wink.gif

BIS and OFP2 should stay something special - there are enough other developers on the 'mainstream' ....

have a nice day.

Special or not special, I'm satisfied when it sounds good.

They added Ondrej to the team page smile_o.gif

mato.jpg

You people make him angry! Love his music, I demand you love his music! Now!!

david.jpg

Love this guy's music too! Love his music, I demand you love his music, now!!

Quote[/b] ]Edited by Postduifje on Jan. 01 1970,01:00

As you can see, I did some research for bis in the seventies, went back with my very own time-machine biggrin_o.gif