Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Should shotgun addons have an optics view?

Just curious, some people release shotguns without an optics view.

Personally I believe they should have some sort of optics view. I know sights aren't as important on a scattergun as on a rifle, but most models do have some kind of aiming device on top of the barrell - even on a sawed-off, I think you should get some kind of rough "looking down the barrell" type view...

What do you guys think?

You mean some people release shotguns without any ironsight view at all? (ummm...) confused.gif

You are not talking about scoped optics are you?

he just means an iron sights view. And I know that when I shoot skeet, I sure as hell use whatever sights the gun has

Yep, I just meant an iron sights view.

I can't think of specific examples right at the moment (possibly the SPAS-12 with Adammo's SWAT units), but I have downloaded a few shotgun addons with no iron sights view at all...I think the reasoning is that with a shotgun, sights arent used...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 27 April 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, I just meant an iron sights view.

I can't think of specific examples right at the moment (possibly the SPAS-12 with Adammo's SWAT units), but I have downloaded a few shotgun addons with no iron sights view at all...I think the reasoning is that with a shotgun, sights arent used...<span id='postcolor'>

That's correct. The Spas-12 has a big, fullscreen, untextured, white box for the optics view smile.gif

i think any gun needs sights! come on, every shotgun in RL has iron sights. even if it's billy bob's backwood boomstick! biggrin.giftounge.gif

BTW, you can kill anything at any range with a shotgun in OFP. i need proper iron sights for my "shotgun sniping". wink.gif

Everything needs iron sights - the server I play on disables the little white crosshairs in normal view, so any weapon without some sort of optics view is useless.

And my M1014 will have iron sights biggrin.gif

~Earl

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (earl @ 28 April 2003,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everything needs iron sights - the server I play on disables the little white crosshairs in normal view, so any weapon without some sort of optics view is useless.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly.

I voted 'depends on the model' and then decided that I should have voted 'yes'. crazy.gif

The sawn-off Remington from DKM had no optics view, and it was really annoying because I'd press the optics key without thinking and nothing would happen. Then I'd receive three 5.45mm rounds for my troubles. biggrin.gif

Yep, I just meant an iron sights view.

I can't think of specific examples right at the moment (possibly the SPAS-12 with Adammo's SWAT units), but I have downloaded a few shotgun addons with no iron sights view at all...I think the reasoning is that with a shotgun, sights arent used...

All combat shotguns have iron sights.

Many have ghost ring sights similar to an M16, (the SAS-12 for example)...others have "notch and post" rifle sights.

Also, combat shotguns are routinely mounted with Aimpoints, and Reflex sights.

Even hunting shotguns have bead sights at the least.

Shotgun addons should ABSOLUTELY have iron sight views.

Yes!

Nothing pisses me off more than addons without aiming devices. They are even worse than missing LOD textures, JPG textures, and vehicles with absurd armor.

You hear us INQUISTOR, DKM, etc.?

shotguns really need ironsights,lets not forget that nowadays these kind of weapons shoot more than high dispersal lead pellets,theres all sorts of cartriges and some of them have a fairly decent good range and acuracy

What I want to know is whether people like the slug-style shot (the 24 damage single bullet one) or the "Pellet" thing, where a lot of low damage bullets fly out at once. Personally I like the slug style thing, because you can make a proper cocking sound instead of having a fast semi auto thing, it's much better IMO but I see that people like making the pellet style shots, which I don't like since the cocking sound is never heard, a pump action shotgun is semi-automatic, and finally the recoil is strange.

I prefer the multiple rounds to simulate buckshot myself - or ideally, like the Kozlice, the ability to fire buckshot or solid slugs...