Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

New natural enviroment

there is no such natural enviurment in ofp1 (i think because of the ofp engine limitation), and i'm sure those envirument will provide more mission idea!

4-Creek.jpg

imagine a small squad recon along a small

creek (u can often see this in vietnam war movies) or a small path in forest and was ambushed by enemy from aside smile.gif

more pics

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

IF had ofp2 more different kinds of enviurment, and there would be more possibility!!!!! biggrin.gif

That's a great idea, have falls, lakes, (for mountains enivronement) etc... more realistic enivronement elements.

Vladimir

and make sure the AI can't see soldiers as soon as they come into a theoretical line of sight, seeing through trees, darkness wtc.

It would be also nice if there is open area of grass, that you can acctuly see the tall grass or what ever to hide behind so peopel cant see you. Over all OFP now is too clean, Make OFP2 dirty like in real life.

There are many things which ofp2 can use from VBS1 too.

also, we need some real street, highway, or pavement, not just a narrow black ugly road on whole map crazy.gif

vbs1_1018s.jpgvbs1_1003s.jpg

enroute.jpgstreet.gif

f1-street.jpg

railroad is not bad too biggrin.gif

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 26 April 2003,20wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are many things which ofp2 can use from VBS1 too.

also, we need some real street, highway, or pavement, not just a narrow black ugly road on whole map crazy.gif

vbs1_1018s.jpgvbs1_1003s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

i want vbs1  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FuseBox @ 26 April 2003,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 26 April 2003,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are many things which ofp2 can use from VBS1 too.

also, we need some real street, highway, or pavement, not just a narrow black ugly road on whole map <!--emo&crazy.gif

vbs1_1018s.jpgvbs1_1003s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

i want vbs1  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I want Ofp2 wink.gif

As i mentioned in this thread , dynamic weather

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....60;st=0

rivers, lakers and other water areas should freeze when temperature drops enough under 0 Celsius

and vice versa when temperature rise, ice starts to melt (icebergs on sea or rivers)

when hard winter, rivers can be crossed with vehicles and such ...

from this tactic come smile.gif ...

what happen when enemy tank squad can reach You next morning only over that frozen ice? and all what You have are some C4 ...

hehe ... sunk tank platoon smile.gif

just imagine all "tactic" and "fun" enhacements coming from this smile.gif

i would be fun i've the tanks had problems when i'ts verry cold... for example: Imaginge a US base. -10 degrees celcius. at morning the tank crew climb into there tanks...and that the tanks don't start or that they would have other problems wink_o.gif

-10 celcius isn't that bad, but when we go over -20 or -30, then I could say it's a problem. rock.gif

Great ideas, and yea, -10 isn't that bad... But as long as they make it realistic it's good... smile_o.gif

There are many things which ofp2 can use from VBS1 too.

also, we need some real street, highway, or pavement, not just a narrow black ugly road on whole map <!--emo&crazy_o.gif

vbs1_1018s.jpgvbs1_1003s.jpg

i want vbs1  sad_o.gif

hehehe tounge_o.gif

1941, Russia, November/December. Temperatures were recorded by the german Army at being around -60 degrees farenheit.

railroad is not bad too biggrin_o.gif

One of the theaters of the game is europe right? Isnt there a lot of railways in europe?

Great ideas, but I'm sure BIS had something similar in mind, so I'll guess we'll get to see something.

Rex-Mundi, you stole my flag!!! biggrin_o.gif never mind, I stole it too wink_o.gif

In OFP2 there should be like "real" clouds. It would add realism and atmosphere to airfights. Yea yea i know simulation... :P and it might take some capacity of these days computers BUT imagine 2004. Some games have to lead "the breakthrough" (maybe doom3 and hl2 and this?). 1 more "important" thing is that sun has to be BRIGHT... you know that you can't watch directly to sun ( i can't :P). So maybe there won't be lensflare, just glare which would make you kinda blind biggrin_o.gif. That would add some realism and strategic importance (especialy to sunglasses biggrin_o.gif). We all wan't to have a fight but i wan't to have a fight in a beautiful (realistic) enviroment. Hmmm and a little bit of undergrowth wouldn't be bad. Maybe some kinda undergrowth random generator (shouldn't have problems if BIS makes their lod scaling even better). Can't wait.

about the clouds, have you tried Kegetys Hisky for OFP1? I think that looks really great, and I'm sure something like this (or maybe even better) can be done for OFP2

Great ideas, but I'm sure BIS had something similar in mind, so I'll guess we'll get to see something.

Rex-Mundi, you stole my flag!!!  biggrin_o.gif  never mind, I stole it too  wink_o.gif

Sorry but it's a nice flag. Vraagjuh ben jij nederlander?

OK so we have now:

Railway

Nice weather/clouds

More realistic landscape (dont forget the trees)

Temprature (If we have temprature we need ¨fog¨for the mouth when its cold)

Anything else ?