Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Srt version 2.0 - goggles?

Should the Special Reaction Team Addons by SJB, have working animated goggles, similar to that in the BAS Delta/Ranger Pack?

Post your opinions...

If they would have some kind of visual effect for 1st person too, yes. Else no.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 21 2003,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If they would have some kind of visual effect for 1st person too, yes. Else no.<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/images/4eyes.jpg

Maybe something like this smile.gif

make it so mate... also.. if you can, call them "goggles" and not "srtgoggles" (and so on) then they will work with all our dust scripts (with the blinking and the coughing...) so that is another functional feature.

(the script checks for the animation phase of the "goggles", so make sure 1 is down, and 0 is up... else they'll be inverted, and stop the coughing when up, and cause it when down tounge.gif )

Thanks for your input. Development is still a while off yet, but I'll take all your suggestions into consideration when I do finally get around to sorting it.

This means the SRT Pack will have Helmets instead of Hats.. and Chinstraps instead of err umm.. yeh whatever...

if it Adds Helmets and Anti-Dull Faces hell yehs.. the BAS goggles kick ass. and another suggestion.. is it possible for u to make a CAR-15?

yes, make the goggles like deadmeat discribed  smile.gif

i wish there would be more open standards (like goggles and their use against rotorwash) for mod makers, so this great community could show those vbs1 "mod makers" (coalescent) how old their vbs1 mods look, compared your guys work  smile.gif

hey: and maybe you could include some script, that gives a local splash screen over the 1st person view, so it´ll look like you look through tanned glas?

Yeah, I think a triggered overlay of the screen would be the way forward. At first I was thinking of an edited Pilot LOD on each of the models, that when the Raise/Lower Goggles action is performed, the "goggles" come over the players' eyes in 1st person...but this may look weird. I'll have to experiment, as this is just a form of "brainstorm of ideas" at the moment, no "real" work is being done wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 25 2003,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, I think a triggered overlay of the screen would be the way forward. At first I was thinking of an edited Pilot LOD on each of the models, that when the Raise/Lower Goggles action is performed, the "goggles" come over the players' eyes in 1st person...but this may look weird. I'll have to experiment, as this is just a form of "brainstorm of ideas" at the moment, no "real" work is being done wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldnt work when they turned their heads, which, if you turn the heads of the Deltas/Rangers you'll see that the goggles dont follow it completely

Wonder how many times I'm gonna die selecting "lower goggles" instead of "reload weapon" in the action menu tounge.gif

Just press R, its a lot easier.

That brings me onto another point though; is there anyway to order the action menu, so reload and switch weapons etc, were at the top, and Raise/Lower goggles (a less "critical" action) was towards the bottom, so as not to interfere with regular patterns people have got into?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 22 2003)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...is it possible for u to make a CAR-15?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is,

Here is one I imported earlier...well 2 actually wink.gif

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_CAR15_1.jpg

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_CAR15_DES_1.jpg

(Both versions also come with a silencer/suppressor too)

As you can see, it is still early days for these, but I am gonna take my time with the build up and work I put into V2. I dont want it to have to be patched soon after like these few releases, I want it to be perfect (or as near as I can get it).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 25 2003,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just press R, its a lot easier.

That brings me onto another point though; is there anyway to order the action menu, so reload and switch weapons etc, were at the top, and Raise/Lower goggles (a less "critical" action) was towards the bottom, so as not to interfere with regular patterns people have got into?<span id='postcolor'>

I hope there is way - custom actions on new equipment are great, but I hate when you think your first action is going to be one thing but instead is "lower mudguards" or "raise visor".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ 22 April 2003)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it possible for u to make a CAR-15?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do people want a CAR-15 so much? If its because of Blackhawk Down then the excitement is for the wrong gun...

The 'CAR-15' in its civilian name, is based on the M16A1 receiver, and is pretty old and looks like this:

car152.jpg

The Carbine used in the BHD movie is a Colt Commando Model 733, based on an M16A2 receiver, as you can see it differs in barrel, flash hider and more importantly in the carrying handle, as you can see in this picture it has the M16A2 style carrying handle with windage dial, not seen on the 'CAR-15', this carbine also comes in a version with a detachable carrying handle, both pictures below have this (as seen by the two prominent knobs facing the camera), although this version wasnt in the movie:

A2F12_1.jpg

Carrying handle removed:

coltcom.jpg

And an M4A1 for reference:

m4a1_carbine.jpg

And just for the fun of it, the actual CAR-15 of military designation is the first ever carbine made of the AR-15 assault rifle, it was replaced by the XM-177 series and saw very little use compared to the XM-177's, and it looked like this:

car_15.jpg

Also, if you watch the movie again, and look out for the different flash hiders you will see which gun they are using, i watched it about 2 hours ago and they were definately using the Colt Commando...

in what year 3-colour deser camo pattern was introduced?

OK, the desert units shall receive new desert camo (the more recent 3-colour version as requested).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ 26 April 2003,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 22 2003)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...is it possible for u to make a CAR-15?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is,

Here is one I imported earlier...well 2 actually wink.gif

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_CAR15_1.jpg

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_CAR15_DES_1.jpg

(Both versions also come with a silencer/suppressor too)

As you can see, it is still early days for these, but I am gonna take my time with the build up and work I put into V2. I dont want it to have to be patched soon after like these few releases, I want it to be perfect (or as near as I can get it).<span id='postcolor'>

Is my eyes having problem or what. confused.gif the car-15 looks a little bit too big wow.gif

How about make this biggrin.gif

m16x.jpg

I dont know what the hell that is, but its not a Colt Command/CAR-15.

I've made plans to use this version and this version. Since the shots have been taken, I've edited them to be more in line with the images kindly provided by Eviscerator.

I think this may be what CuteQA posted.

Any chance you'll switch over to using Andraz's M24 SWS?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Jackal326 25th April, 22:39

Yes I am still using the "inaccurate CS M24"

If you want to use Andraz's SWS then go right ahead, but the M24 I imported, stays with the pack. I spent quite a while importing, tweaking and scaling the model, so it stays.

You ever heard of the RemoveWeapon and AddWeapon commands? Use them if you dont like it.

<span id='postcolor'>

No, I wont be using a different M24, we've had this discussion on another thread.