Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas mh-47e released!

Guest DKM-jaguar

Sorry to people for that stupid thing i did with the helicopter and the ship.. that was silly.

on another note: I am addicted to shooting the rapiers at the MH47... i need help. I didnt know you could change how good the AI is at flying things in the game. Is that true??

--DKM-Jaghuar-- Never made an addon in my life--

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 29 April 2003,20wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">--DKM-Jaghuar-- Never made an addon in my life--<span id='postcolor'>

Beast you spelled your name wrong!

I thought to earn the title of DKM in front of your name you needed to make an addon or somthing.

Well if you can fly things through canyons then damn strate the AI will do things 10x better!

Is it just me or is it realy hard to fast rope?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ 27 April 2003,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And another thing that concerns me: I don't know if you keep on Addon-creating with release of OFP2, but I fear the situation when all the new OFP2 gamers will arrive... Even more kiddies...<span id='postcolor'>

well in case you havent noticed computer games are usualy assosiated with "kiddies"

any way only dedicated followers of flashpoint will make it to the forum.If they do not like ofp then they will not want to learn about it.

BAS MH47 is not a everyday word in all house holds!

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hmm... is the afghanistan map any good for the chinoook?

i would like to see some of this canyon flying!

and it would appear i didnt need to have any work released before i got the DKM. I did however have to write a 20 page campaign. biggrin.gif

**note distinct lack of flaming!**

Well Pooo.

Seems we found a little Bug with the addon sad.gif

The Ver 1.2 MH-47E addon pack well not work on linux server's at all.

Yea we read the read me nothing in their about it kind of sad since they make some of the best addons out their.

We tryed everything to track why missions made with the addon are not working havent found out why yet.

but atleast we tracked it down to this addon after 3 hours of trying to find out why some maps were not loading.

After that we made a simple map 1 person and one empty Helo and boom maps wont load.

I hope they make another fix so the addons well run on Linux server's soon.

@Rage_Frost

I shouldn't be replying to this (new Bug Report Database is being created, and all bugs will be addressed in a "big fix" 1 month after release)

BUT, as this seems to be a MAJOR bug, I will reply to inform you that we ARE working on fixing it... but as none of us at BAS run linux... well its gonna be tricky to say the least...

Anyho... just to let you know, we ARE working on fixing this, but I have the distinct feeling that it is the scripts causing this problem, the same as people experience CTD's when entering heavy AA country...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rage_Frost @ 29 April 2003,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Pooo.

Seems we found a little Bug with the addon sad.gif

The Ver 1.2 MH-47E addon pack well not work on linux server's at all.

Yea we read the read me nothing in their about it kind of sad since they make some of the best addons out their.

We tryed everything to track why missions made with the addon are not working havent found out why yet.

but atleast we tracked it down to this addon after 3 hours of trying to find out why some maps were not loading.

After that we made a simple map 1 person and one empty Helo and boom maps wont load.

I hope they make another fix so the addons well run on Linux server's soon.<span id='postcolor'>

man, we were running a linux server too....

then we experienced that OFP runs very unstable at it, especially with missions including massive custom scripts.

now we switched back to a plain WIN server, having a little less performance, but also less crashes.

@bas crew:

AFAIK linux servers have a problem with the "\" mark, maybe this causes the crashes. i once had to rewrite a script (fishions tankshock script) that used "\" marks in it, which were´nt accepted by the server.

hope this helps

I found out what the problem is with the linux server and the addon. There's nothing wrong with the addon - its looks like a bug in the server. Here's the deal:

A 1.91 linux server won't load any addons that have "requiredVersion=1.91" in its config.cpp.crazy.gif

Weird, huh!

It was the same thing back with 1.90: a 1.90 linux deddy wont load 1.90-requiring addons. I didn't realise it back then

but remembered it now that I saw it again and did some research.

What you will see in the shell from where you start the server is that one of the class names of those 1.91-addons will be silently printed.

For the Chinook, one of the two names are printed out by the server: BAS_Cargo or BAS_MH47185.

I have verified this by unpacking the addons and removing the "requiredVersion=1.91" line. With that line removed from the config.cpp of

both the bas_cargo.pbo and the bas_mh47e_185.pbo the linux deddy loads them just fine and missions are go again.

Sadly, this *IS* a showstopper bug... I'll go make a posting in the Troubleshooting forum right away and hope that Suma sees it and we can have a bugfixed server.

(And no, I don't think that removing the requiredVersion from all addons that actually need 1.91 is a very good idea. Its a server bug, plain and simple and it needs to be fixed)

PS. I have added the offending line to other addons (who dont actually need 1.91) and they also stop being loaded.

PS2: The 1.91 linux server has no problem with addons that have requiredVersion=1.90 or lower version numbers in it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ 29 April 2003,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@Rage_Frost

I shouldn't be replying to this (new Bug Report Database is being created, and all bugs will be addressed in a "big fix" 1 month after release)

BUT, as this seems to be a MAJOR bug, I will reply to inform you that we ARE working on fixing it... but as none of us at BAS run linux... well its gonna be tricky to say the least...

Anyho... just to let you know, we ARE working on fixing this, but I have the distinct feeling that it is the scripts causing this problem, the same as people experience CTD's when entering heavy AA country...<span id='postcolor'>

Woot Thanks for such a fast reply!!!

I have to say it was a big let down when we found this out since we only use your guys addons.

But thanks for looking into it.

Also if you guys need to test something out with an addon on linux im sure we can help yea out on that one since we are running it.

just pop me an ICQ 143676397 and ill load it on the server for testing. or my email i sent into your guys web site with the bug report.

Woo here's a little fix for the addon that people that are running linux can do until the fix comes out!!!

you well need to depbo the addons for it and in the cfg file for it take out the reqver 1.91 in the addon cfg file save it. then open the next addon and do the same.

Re pbo them and place them in your server addons Boom you can now use the addon.

This is just a server fix for linux servers so all your Reg's that play on your server well not have to change anything with the addon itself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 29 April 2003,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I did however have to write a 20 page campaign. biggrin.gif

**note distinct lack of flaming!**<span id='postcolor'>

respect biggrin.gif

is it out?

Guest DKM-jaguar

Mission making takes a back seat to the addon making, which will only be completed when he have recruited our mission maker. That, coupled with my new duties within the mod team [texture making etc.] it seems any campiagn will be some time before you can play it. We need to make all the addons for it first anyway.

anyway, this is about BAS... someone should make a tutorial about all the differnet actions you can do, and what order you have to do things in to make them work.

What I don't understand is why I'm unable to complete the demo missions that came with the chopper. If it isn't because the game crashes, it's because the AI crashes, litterally.

Example: In the cargo mission, OFP quits to desktop without any error few moments after you've joined up with the bike riders.

In the two other missions, the AI seems to wanting to have some fun, and crashing the helicopter by either not taking off properly, or spinning around over and over again...

Is this just happening to me or can anyone else confirm this?

Guest jacobaby

I hope to address the problems with the cargo version in a couple of weeks or so.

As for the chopper spinning, this is generally caused by the AI Pilot trying to get in formation with a boarded leader.

As was mentioned already in this very thread, all it takes to prevent this is the leader BEING a leader, and issuing a few simple commands.

Like Halt or Move To.....

TJ

ok, there is too much to read in this thread.. so don't be angry if someone wrote this before

put cargo version 'in flight' and then shoot it down with LAW or RPG... game creshes to desktop without any error confused.gif

you can crash cargo version by ground and nothing happens... but if it's going to explode in air - game creshes to windows desktop crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Czacha @ 04 May 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, there is too much to read in this thread.. so don't be angry if someone wrote this before

put cargo version 'in flight' and then shoot it down with LAW or RPG... game creshes to desktop without any error confused.gif

you can crash cargo version by ground and nothing happens... but if it's going to explode in air - game creshes to windows desktop  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What version of OFP are you using?

My guess is that Czacha uses Polish 1.91 biggrin.gif

OFP CWC Polish version with Resistance 1.91 English version..

I know few other ppl using Polish OFP:CWC and Polish RESISTANCE... they got the same problem - cargo Chinook can't explode in air.. in other case game crashes confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Czacha @ 04 May 2003,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP CWC Polish version with Resistance 1.91 English version..

I know few other ppl using Polish OFP:CWC and Polish RESISTANCE... they got the same problem - cargo Chinook can't explode in air..  in other case game crashes  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the polish patch/version may very well be why then, none of the BAS members are polish, or have a polish version so we have no way of making sure something works, just one question, does ofp crash when you fire a stinger/strela at the mh-47e?

no.. OFP crashes when cargo heli is going to blow (explode) during the flight.

you can fly with this heli and then crash it on the ground - everything will be fine

but when i shoot it with LAW/RPG or any other weapon (machine gun, shilka, vulcan, t72 etc.) and that will cause total damage of Chinook - game will crash before or during the explosion

it looks like there are some problems with exploding in air

When I am a BAS Delta and fire with my m4 at the MH-47E Cargo and when it says 1 status red and after some few shots it chrash I have not polish version everything is European pathes and I use 1.91 too after the cargo one explode it chrash + I have the addons in addon folder shall the problem fix when I mve them in Res addon folder confused.gif

looks like my bug report was incomplete, there are serval other ways to crash OFP by shooting down the MH47E Cargo.

i shot it while it was flying with bas at4 no crash cargo version blew up then crashed then i used a law i hit the helo and the game crashed to desktop so now it is getting weird crazy.gif

Guest jacobaby

This was mentioned way back in the thread and the cause has been identified. There is a thread in the M&E section about createvehicle causing CTD's.

With the intervention of Suma the problem is explained and will be addressed in a future update.

For now you will have to use a workaround with the cargo version, either;

1) try to resist shooting at it

2) use cargo version for safe routes.

No more posts about it please, a lot of research has been done.

TJ

Love the addon, played the missions quite a few times and had some wicked fun!

I checked the Readme's ( addon and missions ) and tried to read through this whole thread ( got to about page 18 where it turns into bash/counter-bash ) and couldnt see this mentioned.

In the Intercept mission, I've been having a ball! But when I get the AI out ( 1-10 ) and get out myself, I cant get them to follow me. confused.gif

I tried all the usual commands, and can hear the "All Follow Group" command issued, but they just refuse to follow me or get into formation with me. ( I decided to get out with them all and take on the Convoy in Act3 from the ground )

Is that me? Am I missing something, or is this a problem with the way the group is formed with the pilot and gunner etc? Or is it Mission specific?

I'd like to do something similar in a mission, but need the AI to be able to disembark and follow the player ...

Im not sure if its a mission prob or bad luck prob Poet. Sometimes ofp goes strange and the "all follow group" command appears, im not sure how to fix it once it happens in mission.

Is there a process that sets it off, like all AI disembark before you, or you disembark before the AI?