Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas mh-47e released!

Guest DKM-jaguar

Dudes! Why cant i pick up the LST or the LSD?? i really need to do this becuase i thought "BAS can once again go through the boundaries and turn everything upside down once more" I mean; Instead of LANDING on the LSD, Why not make it so we can pick it up? how cool would it be to have a ship in the sling? Will you make this into your 1.2 realease? oh, i want a patch for the fact that i cannot walk around in the helicopter during flight. That really sux. I mean, i dont care if it is, in the ofp engine, unheard of!! i want it! do it. And another thing: you should be able to pick up the small boat thingy that comes with that game... ofp.. becuase it did it on that film, Apocolypes now. But that was with hueys. That means yoou have to make a heuy as well. Oh, and while your at it, Make a set of soviet tanks, men and wepaons. I know your mod has nothiung to do with them, and i know that you never planned to make them, but do it anyway, becuase i said so. OK!

If you could place Scuds under the LST and launch them, that might give BAS' Chinook the nudge it needs to hoist the LST up.

Oh.................. you're not serious? wow.gif

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 27 April 2003,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dudes! Why cant i pick up the LST or the LSD?? i really need to do this becuase i thought "BAS can once again go through the boundaries and turn everything upside down once more" I mean; Instead of LANDING on the LSD, Why not make it so we can pick it up? how cool would it be to have a ship in the sling? Will you make this into your 1.2 realease? oh, i want a patch for the fact that i cannot walk around in the helicopter during flight. That really sux. I mean, i dont care if it is, in the ofp engine, unheard of!! i want it! do it. And another thing: you should be able to pick up the small boat thingy that comes with that game... ofp.. becuase it did it on that film, Apocolypes now. But that was with hueys. That means yoou have to make a heuy as well. Oh, and while your at it, Make a set of soviet tanks, men and wepaons. I know your mod has nothiung to do with them, and i know that you never planned to make them, but do it anyway, becuase i said so. OK!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

That pretty much sums up everything the unreasonable wingers have been saying throughout this thread and indeed in any other addon thread. Sometimes I really wonder if half of the OFP community are petulant kids. Shadowy, I don't know how old you are but you sure as hell come across as one. Your attitude sucks. Some addon makers are more thick skinned than others (Lt Damage for example shrugged off some horrendous comments about his original armed technical release, and I felt sorry for him at the time), but the amount of work BAS puts in to their addons absolutely gives them the right to get pissed off when people start moaning within minutes of the new unit release topic being started. I've read this thread all the way through and what BAS have said is completely level headed and reasonable. Some of the replies they've received have made me cringe. What really worries me is that they actually will stop making addons because of the relatively small number of people to whom being realistic about time, money and most importantly attitudes appears to be impossible.

@ BAS: Please, please don't stop making your fantastic addons. I say this on behalf of the majority of people (including the silent ones who just read and don't post) who have a great respect for your skill but more than that, the effort you put into what you do, and really understand that you are going out of your way for pretty much nothing in return. You should know that you can never please everyone and for every 19 people who love your addons and respectfully praise them and perhaps point out errors or things which could be improved in them, there will ALWAYS be 1 person who will casually complain, demand and insult; almost always without any idea that what they are saying is ridiculous and frustrating. I guess it's part of what you do, and being in the elite of the addon making group, the comments you recieve will be all the more acute. Please just know that there is FAR more acute respect than disrespect.

Anyway, sorry to waffle offtopic. Love the addon! First class in every way. Thankyou BAS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 27 April 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dudes! Why cant i pick up the LST or the LSD?? i really need to do this becuase i thought "BAS can once again go through the boundaries and turn everything upside down once more" I mean; Instead of LANDING on the LSD, Why not make it so we can pick it up? how cool would it be to have a ship in the sling? Will you make this into your 1.2 realease? oh, i want a patch for the fact that i cannot walk around in the helicopter during flight. That really sux. I mean, i dont care if it is, in the ofp engine, unheard of!! i want it! do it. And another thing: you should be able to pick up the small boat thingy that comes with that game... ofp.. becuase it did it on that film, Apocolypes now. But that was with hueys. That means yoou have to make a heuy as well. Oh, and while your at it, Make a set of soviet tanks, men and wepaons. I know your mod has nothiung to do with them, and i know that you never planned to make them, but do it anyway, becuase i said so. OK!<span id='postcolor'>

you talk quite alot of shit!

picking up LSD's which way lots of tons with a helo a quarter of the size.They cant even pick up m1's so how do they take a ship.

And what the hell is wrong with the walking in mid-air feature?

By the way they have already released 1.2

And you realy think they will make a patch just cos "you want"

BAS have pushed the boundarys do many times so STFU all you whingers!

crazy.gif

Thankyou Munger... at last someone with their head screwed on...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (punishment @ 27 April 2003,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 27 April 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dudes! Why cant i pick up the LST or the LSD?? i really need to do this becuase i thought "BAS can once again go through the boundaries and turn everything upside down once more" I mean; Instead of LANDING on the LSD, Why not make it so we can pick it up? how cool would it be to have a ship in the sling? Will you make this into your 1.2 realease? oh, i want a patch for the fact that i cannot walk around in the helicopter during flight. That really sux. I mean, i dont care if it is, in the ofp engine, unheard of!! i want it! do it. And another thing: you should be able to pick up the small boat thingy that comes with that game... ofp.. becuase it did it on that film, Apocolypes now. But that was with hueys. That means yoou have to make a heuy as well. Oh, and while your at it, Make a set of soviet tanks, men and wepaons. I know your mod has nothiung to do with them, and i know that you never planned to make them, but do it anyway, becuase i said so. OK!<span id='postcolor'>

you talk quite alot of shit!

picking up LSD's which way lots of tons with a helo a quarter of the size.They cant even pick up m1's so how do they take a ship.

And what the hell is wrong with the walking in mid-air feature?

By the way they have already released 1.2

And you realy think they will make a patch just cos "you want"

how old are you anyway ?about 10,9 by the sound of things

BAS have pushed the boundarys do many times so STFU all you whingers!

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Clearly you don't understand irony. He was being sarcastic - having a jab at all the moaners. And a great job he did of it too. biggrin.gif

DeadMeatXM2: no problem at all. smile.gif

Beast!

sorry i just see so much now adays that i dont know if it is false.I hate whingers and i hate guys that comentate like "downlaoding now" and stuff.I think all whingers

should have a go at mod making them selves and then see who is whinging smile.gif

If i ever get my FTP space sorted i will happily host your addons, i have 55mbs and i might as well, also i think it has unlimited bandwidth. As righty said by a lot of guys, don't listen to the stupid little things and complaints that are caused by not reading the readme. If i find something wrong in an addon i really want i go to OFPEC, get out the tutorials and try to fix it, for example on my computer the MH47 is now in BAS Special Ops instead of Vehicles.

I really like the Delta Ranger addons. true there isn't much to match them against for an equal fight, 1 ranger soldier vs T80.

Guess who wins! I have actually been shot by a T72s main gun and been knocked off my feet but alive! and not injured. Now we need the excellent RSS studios stuff.

I'm sure a lot of people who don't even come to this forum are happlily using BAS addons, it's only the people who scour for probs just so they get a reason to post, and they might not even be probs that aren't already recognised. I'm saying that you are probably getting a disproportionate response ratio of people who love your addons and people who just sit and test addons not playing with them in OFP, sitting there looking for the perfect addons of OFP4 quality.

Why don't you fly the BIS CH47 around and then shoot people out the back and dodge 6 SA13 (Project Lavos) missiles? Hopefully BAS will not have lost hope on us by the time OFP2 comes out where they can push the limits once again to create replicas of the real thing!

<span id='ME'><center>Jinef runs!</center></span> And does some paperwork

sad.gif

MH47E Demo Missions 1.1

The updated missions. Very little requred fixing, like the kia bugs and fired eventhandler bug. Things like "helo blowing up during intercept" sounds like a close ranger stinger, no obvious bugs to fix wink.gif If there anything i missed let me know.

Lifting up the LST or the LSD would be unrealistic but a zodiac as BAS said that they were working would be nice but 1 request to BAS make it please possible to lift the PBR boat too and I think you make the zodiac in cargo on the back if so i'd say that is what would be realistic wink.gif

Keep up the good work BAS wink.gif

some of you people really need to take a reality check...

the guys at BAS, they devote hours of their time, and lots of their money, to making addons that surpass anything that comes in the original game, and they don't ask you to pay a penny for them.

and some of you then go and bitch, moan and whine about the fact that they have the nerve to ask people to read the readme and not post about the same bugs they already know about. well aren't they bastards? how dare they make a request like that? who do they think they are, real people? evryone knows that they only exist to make addons for us, they don't have personal lives.

these people give up their free time, their hard-earned cash to make addons which entertain us all. give them respect, give them thanks. be nice to them. don't go and whine, whine, whine because they won't\can't put in the feature that YOU want, or don't run about fixing the bug that YOU pointed about. these guys are people too.

now, i'd like to say to the BAS guys: you rock! you've created a beautiful addon, and done some things that haven't been done before, and put them in a package thats the most delhtful slice of OFP-ness i've come across. may i have permission to worship you? keep up the good work guys, and remember WE love your addons, even if there are whiners

@FSPilot we are looking into your particular issue with some interest, and have a desire to get it fixed so you can enjoy the addon. We will need more information to try to come up with a solution. Having looked at the system specs you posted, I will offer the following suggestions/explanations:

Your graphics card is a lower end card, and possibly has trouble handling the BAS Add-ons in particular due to the amount of faces etc. Ours are fairly intensive, combined with the effects included. This is a possibility but unlikely in my estimation, as your system seems as a whole more then capable of handling the game.

A more likely problem is some sort of corruption. You did say you have an excessive amount of files in your addon folder. Begin with cleaning your system out. This may include un- installing and reinstalling OFP completely. Remember to back up your addon folder, so you can keep the ones you want. Then download a fresh copy of the MH-47E addon, in the event the download was corrupted somehow. Install it normally and try again.

Please contact us by email to further explore a solution if this doesn’t work for you.

Now on to other business!

Due to the fact that this is rapidly becoming a flame, this will be my final post to this thread. I am going to make this post to attempt to get a final point across, and then hope for the best.

First, once again, for all you completely narrow-minded folks, who consistently and completely miss the point time and again.

We DO want to be made aware of bugs in our released addon, and we WILL do our best to correct them in a timely manner. We DO support our product, and we appreciate and want to thank the folks that truly understand the big picture and appreciate what we, and all the other addon makers do to make these things possible for the community.

Now then. It is apparent that it is only acceptable for the community to offer criticism, opinions and complaints in these forums, judging by the accusations we receive when we offer the same, in the same forums. It is also apparent that the hardworking members of BAS are not permitted to display their frustration and disappointment in the way this very community treats them. This is disturbing on several levels, but I am going to once again address these issues with facts. Something that many members of the community seem to have no inclination or desire to do.

Here's the facts column:

We can take criticism, and complaints, and even flames. We welcome it. We truly don’t care what people say, we're confident it what we can create. After all, what have YOU the complainer done for the community lately? We at BAS haven't seen any of your work, so we hardly feel threatened.

What forces us to address certain issues, is when the comments of the minority begin to influence the majority in a way that is detrimental to our ability to produce add-ons. What do I mean you ask?

Well, simply this: You folks only see these public threads, and after criticizing our add-ons, you then criticize our responses. What you don’t see or know, is the fact that we've literally had to add to the members of the staff of BAS JUST to reply to the email we receive regarding the add-ons we release.

Some of it positive and helpful, some of it criticism, some of it bug related, but a large majority of it is the completely useless type. This causes the whole BAS team to have to filter through all the mail in order to answer and identify the helpful and serious mail. While the team is sorting BS flame mail, to find the true bug reports etc, it isn’t possible to make new add-ons, and bug fix released ones at the same time.

Many of you don’t read the provided documentation, so we have to sort through your complaints, and compare it to our documentation, to ensure they aren’t previously identified bugs.

That being said, someone who belongs to another fairly reputable addon team posting an image of a HMMVW jammed in the door of the MH-47E, asking why it doesn’t fit and isn’t supported, generates an excessive amount of interrogative email and posts enquiring about the same issues, which WE the BAS team, have to sort through.

Is this constructive and helpful criticism? Or is it useless and silly? I’m inclined to go with the latter. It doesn’t take a military expert to know or find out these things, and I’m quite sure if you’re posting here, you can read and have access to the internet. I am also certain that NO ONE has ever seen an authentic non doctored photograph of a HMMVW driving into, or out of an MH-47E.

The topic of this thread was the release of the BAS MH-47E and comments about the release. Not bugs, not criticism of the addon, which can’t possibly be founded and realistic, due to the fact that MANY of the critics posted literally within minutes and HOURS of the release. We have worked on and tested this addon for MONTHS... Can you really offer honest criticism in a few minutes to a few hours of play? Are we to honestly to take this sort of nonsense seriously?

Many of you are spoiled children, and very demanding, and this is an annoyance.

Many of you drop in your two cents without reading the complete thread, and therefore speak out of turn and out of context. Those of you who find my posts boring feel free not to read them, and in kind feel free not to post in response, since you are obviously lacking the complete story.

@ShadowY Do you honestly expect anyone to take you seriously? A 20 minute evaluation of the addon, admittedly haven’t read the readme, and have never posted in BAS topics, and basically jumping in mid thread? This is helpful?

@SGTKOPP We are aware of the public’s status where criticism is concerned. I am doing my job for BAS in being a buffer between them and the public. Do me a favor and read the ENTIRE topic completely, and truly objectively evaluate was has been said from both sides. Aside from that, they are in fact our Add-ons, I guess we can bitch if we want to.

Due to the amount of negative traffic and increasingly demanding attitudes and pressure generated by the community, it is becoming increasingly difficult to produce.

We are constantly forced to deal with unreasonable demands, false bug reports, and general flame mail, combined with repeated hacks, and attempts to hack and get our add-ons before release. This generates animosity among the members of BAS who are less likely to want to work as hard as we do to provide add-ons for an un appreciative and demanding community, who somehow have the impression that BAS owes them add-ons and is required to produce and support them.

Think about it, within minutes of the release of the MH-47E, the initially posts are that’s great, where’s the next one. Not wow thanks; I’m going to spend some time with this one. That’s a hard pill to swallow for BAS, who has been working on the MH-47E project since November 2002. That’s 6 months of work for someone to say "when’s the next one" or "I want the MH-60"

The attitudes and behavior of the minority in the community, which are the demanding unappreciative types, seem to have a great amount of influence on the rest of the community.

This is damaging to addon makers, and with respect to BAS harmful to us and our efforts. Tigershark and I work diligently to keep the team together, and motivated to produce.

However, the more add-ons we release, and the more feature rich they are, the more negative feedback they seem to generate, and the less thanks they generate.

This causes our team to want to just be a player, and not a producer. The BAS team is all volunteer. If enough of you insist on giving them a bad taste, and being abusive, then I can’t guarantee continued releases of add-ons in the future.

Appreciation and thanks go along way toward truly motivating someone, and giving them personal satisfaction out of completing something. Unappreciative ness, demands, and unreasonable criticism go even further towards making people decide it isn’t worth their time, or the stress to make add-ons, when they can stop altogether, and just play OFP.

You the community control whether or not BAS continues to produce high quality add-ons by your actions and attitudes.

The community as a whole needs to start taking some responsibility and getting a grip on these unreasonable folks, thereby assisting not just BAS, but all the addon teams in the community to accomplish their work.

We want and enjoy receiving criticism; it makes us stronger, and able to produce ever better add-ons. However we also would like to see some thanks and appreciation before demands and unreasonable criticism once in a while. It goes a long way.

I’m going to close with this statement. Those of you who think that Damocles takes all this stuff personally, and that’s why he writes these lengthy posts, let me clue you in on something.

Damo doest know how to model in O2, Damo doesn’t know how to texture, Damo doesn’t know a thing about scripting, and Damo has a very basic understanding of the game engine.

What Damo does for BAS is provide leadership and management, along with TigerShark, as well as military knowledge and experience, as well as research on projects.

The point is, Damo doesn’t take any of these comments personally, since overall he provides VERY LITTLE labor in getting these add-ons completed. However, as a project manager and producer, he does see the effect these things have on his team.

As a leader it is his responsibility to care for, motivate, and defend his team, and their work. This he will do to the best of his ability, and this is why I post on behalf of the team. We have a great bunch of people assembled here, whom I respect greatly, and who continue to work hard for the community. Even for those less then appreciative and unreasonably demanding folks out there.

However, they are only human, and I can't at all guarantee continued service from them. After all, what exactly is their payoff?? You guys get to play with and pick apart their work, and they get picked apart even when they try to defend it. All the while we haven’t seen any add-ons coming from you.

You guys need to get a clue and cut them some slack.

lol its like on the radio of Vice City

"i come home with piles of cash every night and all you do is bitch"

biggrin.gif

@all BAS-members

That is really great work, and it's great that Nagual released a new version of the Demo missions where the bug I reported was fixed.

This shall show to all whiners that they do care and they support, though they have not to.

And another thing that concerns me: I don't know if you keep on Addon-creating with release of OFP2, but I fear the situation when all the new OFP2 gamers will arrive... Even more kiddies...

Guest DKM-jaguar

Jesus..thats all i am going to say...

I mean, the first bit was written so you could think i was being seriuosly.. but

"make russain troops that have nothing to do with your mod at all, do them just becuase i said so.."

these are the same people who didnt read the readme. confused.gif

how could you take a helicopter lifting a battle ship seriously!?

That will be annoying, thousands more threads yelling

I KEEP GETTING SHOT AT! GOD DAMN THIS GAME SUCKS IT'S NOT 133+ etc.

But we have a year and a half to prepare, i could become a moderator! muhahah

Ok, I've had enough, the next person to flame bait or to flame or to even steer off-topic will get a 60hr PR, the person after that 120 hr mad.gif

The final word on this is as follows: these threads are a chance for BAS to present their work and for folks to either show their appreciation, or help BAS to find errors. Everything else does not belong here.

Can we please concentrate on the MH-47 now mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ 27 April 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MH47E Demo Missions 1.1

The updated missions. Very little requred fixing, like the kia bugs and fired eventhandler bug. Things like "helo blowing up during intercept" sounds like a close ranger stinger, no obvious bugs to fix wink.gif If there anything i missed let me know.<span id='postcolor'>

Does this update the old mh-47e pack mission( and plz update mh-6 pack mission too if possible smile.gif )? those are very good mission too sad.gif  plz~~

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 27 April 2003,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this update the old mh-47e pack mission( and plz update mh-6 pack mission too if possible smile.gif )? those are very good mission too<span id='postcolor'>

No, and the LittleBird Missions will be updated with the LittleBird update wink.gif (now doesn't that just make sense smile.gif )

I've just tried it out on the Afghanistan map and I had an idea - when you ask for extraction, is it possible to calculate the distance between chopper and men to be extracted and not throw the smoke grenade until the distance between the two has shrunk to 1200 metres or thereabouts?

It's kinda pointless throwing a smoke grenade when the chopper is still 10 km away and can't see it biggrin.gif

What I really really like is the way the chopper stayed within the canyons though, I have never seen such brilliant flying by the AI - well done smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 28 April 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this update the old mh-47e pack mission( and plz update mh-6 pack mission too if possible smile.gif )? those are very good mission too sad.gif  plz~~

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Like DM said, Mh6 missions will be updated with mh6, and the orginal mh47 demo mission is in the current pack "Chinook Insertion". There was another mission "Armoured Hills" that came with mh47 v1, that will be out again with the pack it came from pretty soon.

Excellent work! Being able to make insertions "on the fly" is great! Since you have the scripts done now, will it be possible to implement them with your future choppers? (the insertion/extraction/fast rope) If not, at least we have one that does it, and that is far better than none. smile.gif

Guest jacobaby

Good point Ronin and one which I will look at. If I had had the time I wanted to do a progress report similar to Snypirs "ETA 1 mike" etc.

As for the insertions and extractions, it is most likely these will become a part of all troop carrying helicopters, as we feel it should have been a part of the game from the start.

As an aside, take a LB over the afghan map, skimming the surface as you go, sheer pleasure..........

I have also in another thread had confirmation from Suma that the method I used (and is used as standard) for creating vehicles is responsible for the CTD on shooting down the cargo version, while this sholdnt happen, it does, so I will be looking at a workaround for this, possibly to go out with the next stowable vehicle we release.

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ 28 April 2003,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 28 April 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this update the old mh-47e pack mission( and plz update mh-6 pack mission too if possible smile.gif )? those are very good mission too sad.gif  plz~~

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Like DM said, Mh6 missions will be updated with mh6, and the orginal mh47 demo mission is in the current pack "Chinook Insertion". There was another mission "Armoured Hills" that came with mh47 v1, that will be out again with the pack it came from pretty soon.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you guys biggrin.gif