Sign in to follow this  
the editing man

New version 2s19 msta

Um, I don't know if everyone already knows this but this addon contains a mission with scripting that allows proper, realistic indirect artillery support from pretty much a whole island away. You simply press control, alt and left click on the map and the six 2S19's automatically calculate distance, elevation and correct ammo type before firing one round each at the target coordinates. And their accurancy varies to cover a reasonably large area of bombardment.

Brilliant work by Hawk! smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes that script really rocks! It's easy to use and works perfectly, I hope mission makers will note this addon even if it's not very high quality (model & textures I mean). And in coops this will be very nice and useful.

I have not been able to get this tank to fire unless I am the gunner. I can tell them to target but no fire command. And when I try to use the mission, it does not work. Maybe its my key set up for my controls.

ah.... found what it was.

I use the shift for my iron sights which takes my map screen down. All I have to do now id hold down shift before I go into map and then press where I want it to hit, then I can let go.

I still cant get ai to fire with out script set up though. crazy.gif

On its own, it's okay. with the scripts, VERY Nice! Maybe take it a stage further by linking the ability to call support via radio or special fire-support vehicles like the US FIST or FISTV.

So, is anyone working on Counter-Battery radar?

Heh... I thought this was the 2s19 by DKM... it sounds equally as good though. Finally a mobile artillery unit to bombard our friends an island or two away smile.gif

Wow am i glad i clicked this thread i didnt know about the scripts there really cool. I have been able to hit targets from like 4000 meters away with this wow.gif behind hills or not. Great addon, just hope it gets updated. Im in the same boat as

R71 i cant get it too fire without the scripts either strange.

*Warning* - Numpty Alert -

OK, sad but true - I don't know how to implement the mission or the scripts! Could some kind soul please help this elderly IT-illiterate by telling me which island's User folder to put the mission in, and where the scripts go? In fact, just tell me step-by-step how to make it all work?

Thanks in advance (sigh...)

mmk am i the only one having poblemns getting them to hit anything? i can place them far and close and still they miss every time by no less than 500m (this is with the script btw)

Put the mission in your OFP/Users/(Your Name)/missions directory, then load OFP, run the editor and choose Desert Island. Then Press Load and you will be able to load the 2S19 example mission which teaches you how to use the arty. To use it on other islands or in other missions you need to use Merge, which will add the units and scripting from the 2S19 mission to whatever island or mission you are in at the time. So for example, load Malden, press Merge, select the 2S19 mission, and all the elements of that mission will appear on Malden (you may need to zoom out to find them as they will be located as they were on the Desert Island).

Hope this helps. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ April 05 2003,02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmk am i the only one having poblemns getting them to hit anything? i can place them far and close and still they miss every time by no less than 500m (this is with the script btw)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah it varies, mainly by distance. Anything over about 5000m and it's useless. It seems only the 'short' ammo is accurate, and even that often needs aiming at the wrong point on the map to get it to hit where you want it to. I don't know whether this was intentional to prevent it being a super-weapon, or weather the script just needs tuning.

I've been trying to add more 2S19's to the six default ones in the example mission, but no matter what I do they won't fire when I order them to. I thought it would just be a matter of naming them and the triggers proportionally, e.g. 6, 7, 8 and so on since the original 6 number 0-5, but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? confused.gif

Well isn't artillery guiding more or less a game of trial and error anway? This script is really great and it is the easiest and yet the most realistic(rounds actually fly to the target) i've ever run into! Maybe it could be configured so that you'd have to have a radio (like the one in NP2) to call the fire mission. Also it would be great to make the rounds whistle in flight.

There is a sound effect for whistling and you can hear it as the shells come in, but unfortunately it's a bit poor and sounds more like small rockets instead. If anyone has a good arty whistling wav or ogg file it would be easy to swap them.

Munger,

Many thanks - I now realise that although I had correctly installed the files into one of my User configurations, I was looking for it in another that I'd set up specifically to try Avon Lady's expanded FoV suggestion. Like I said earlier - what a numpty!

There is a new version out but it is in .com format and seems to be corrupted.Could anyone give me a link to it which is in rar of zip or somthing.

I have to say that this addon is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

FINALLY someone made a true arty script where the artillery actually turns and elevates the guns towards the target. This in my opinion is just amazing!!!

Now the question is.... WHEN will someone make a Paladin M109 (preferably in desert camo) with this script???

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Any American artillery with this script would be awesome!!!

Those of you making MLRS rocket launchers PLEASE take note as well. This is EXACTLY the type of script that is needed for an MLRS rocket launcher!!!

Chris G.

Miles, Hawk has made an M109 with the indirect fire scripts. The model seems to be modified from the DKM ADATS and isn't nearly as good as the Swiss M109 Kawest which is IMO the best M109 out there at present, so I might ask permission to apply Hawk's config to that model. In the meantime you can get the realistic M109 here:

http://hosting.fpp.pl/hawk/m109palladin.com

You'll have to rename the file from .com to .zip once you've downloaded it.

smile.gif

The swiss mod team have just realesed a brand new version of there m109 and its definately the best one yet. sadly i cant get the link too work but its on ofp cz site.

In the folder its located in, simply go to folder options, then check the circle that says "show all known file extentions" then you can go back and rename it .rar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ April 05 2003,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles, Hawk has made an M109 with the indirect fire scripts. The model seems to be modified from the DKM ADATS and isn't nearly as good as the Swiss M109 Kawest which is IMO the best M109 out there at present, so I might ask permission to apply Hawk's config to that model. In the meantime you can get the realistic M109 here:

http://hosting.fpp.pl/hawk/m109palladin.com

You'll have to rename the file from .com to .zip once you've downloaded it.

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

WOW! Thanks! Yeah I see what you mean about this M109. It looks kinda wierd. However the animations and the scripting is fabulous!!! PLEASE if you can see if you can apply these scripts to the Swiss M109 addon because I agree, that it definitely is the best looking one out there.... although still no desert camo. sad.gif I wish someone would retexture that one with desert camo and U.S. markings. Anyways thanks for the link. I think that the camoflage version hides the incorrect modelling where the turret meets the hull so for now I'll probably use this one since the artillery scripting is just fabulous!!!!

Thank you so much for that link!!! I hope someone posts a mirror to it with the correct file path as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the version i got is from "jonny lumps" page but it is corrupted different link anyone.