Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

Greece3 completed!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ April 05 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In some cases on the south side of the road to Maroussi some trees aren't touching the group, thier elevated.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah..his readme file mentioned that and I was laughing as i crawled under it biggrin.gif

i don't know who that der bastler guy is but he makes sure that the island is made by him. i saw a small island SE of the main one and it had a GIANT writing on the groud biggrin.giftounge.gif

my few suggestion is that some roads need to be a bit more "paved". when i first drove on this island, i was riding a jeep and from SE part of main island to north. i hit a sharp edged part, and my jeep was doing some break dancing.(i was running on very low terrain detail though)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 05 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my few suggestion is that some roads need to be a bit more "paved". when i first drove on this island, i was riding a jeep and from SE part of main island to north. i hit a sharp edged part, and my jeep was doing some break dancing.(i was running on very low terrain detail though)<span id='postcolor'>

Roads on any of the Greek islands would not pass EU standards for highways, you know wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 05 2003,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 05 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my few suggestion is that some roads need to be a bit more "paved". when i first drove on this island, i was riding a jeep and from SE part of main island to north. i hit a sharp edged part, and my jeep was doing some break dancing.(i was running on very low terrain detail though)<span id='postcolor'>

Roads on any of the Greek islands would not pass EU standards for highways, you know wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

they sometimes don't even make it for the EU trekking paths standards tounge.gif

j/k

Then some Greek songs that u can select via the radio

It would have been nice to hear some Greek music when the island's anim cutscene kicks in when returning to the menu.

(HINT! HINT!) smile_o.gif

I put my money where my mouth is. smile_o.gif

An AMORE compliant version of Greece 3 Island's anim cutscene can be downloaded from the AMORE section at The FAQ.

Instead of an OFP music track playing during the anim, you'll now hear some culturally enlightening Greek music instead.

In addition to the mission file, you'll need to download version 1.20 of my AMORE Addon Installer and my AMORE Multimedia Installer for the Sirtaki soundtrack.

I still wish someone would make some serious missions for this very nice island. sad_o.gif

Oh............... read the Readmes! smile_o.gif

i just wish there was some decent custom trees out there like th eones used on Nogova, i dont know much about Greecian forna but the trees look odd to me, i dont really like CWC trees but the flat lands Prove good ground for mass inf and BMP3 battles against the west.

I'm having a hard time with this island. I have built 3 missions on Greece3 and the AI can shoot through the trees. It just makes it unfair for the human players.

Look forward to the update hopefully you won't change the towns too much.

Hoz

I gotta admit, I was pretty dissapointed with the island. I don't know if it's the ugly CWC textures, but the island is a lagfest in SP! This is with a viewdistance of 700 on a GF4200, P4 2.2ghz with 256mb. The towns are well designed, but man the graphics need work.

Haven't seen Der Bastler around on the forums much.

Well, imho the new forest models aren't better...

3318.jpg

What's your opinion?

rock.gif

Edit:

The official island Malden uses only forest triangle models for it's forests (forest_t1 + forest_t2 = forest_square). Problem: these forest triangles don't align to ground in WrpEdit, only the forest squares do... but they have obviously bugs in their lods...

*sigh*

*startsO2forbetterforests*

Well, imho the new forest models aren't better...

3318.jpg

What's your opinion?

rock.gif

Edit:

The official island Malden uses only forest triangle models for it's forests (forest_t1 + forest_t2 = forest_square). Problem: these forest triangles don't align to ground in WrpEdit, only the forest squares do... but they have obviously bugs in their lods...

*sigh*

*startsO2forbetterforests*

Doesn't really look like Greece rock.gif

Yes, Ex-RoNiN, that's why I chose the "old" forest models.

I think I've found a way to keep the old forest models while improving performance. Right now I'm looking for a way to load my O2-modified forest models in WrpEdit. Guess I must use the binarize tool!?

Could you add a small dirt airstrip somewhere?

Like near that southwestern village..

There is a big flat piece of land there.. smile_o.gif

That would be nice for WW2 missions..

Didn't Kegetys work on the old Malden Textures for some sorf of improved version? If yes, maybe he could give you the tree models, if he modified them. rock.gif

Could you add a small dirt airstrip somewhere?

Like near that southwestern village..

There is a big flat piece of land there.. smile_o.gif

That would be nice for WW2 missions..

Airstrip on such a small island? Forget it mate, no one would build one there!

Well why not tounge_o.gif Its the best Island out there for WW2 missions smile_o.gif Ah well then il just use the flat land...

I'm using the Malden forest model, but imho Greece3's forests are too large compared to Malden's forests -> high polycount -> lag...

Guess the vegetation question has reached a dead end... any proposals? I'll try to create another low-poly lod, but...

*sigh*

Ok, here's a first inofficial V1.05:

Download V1.05

Unzip it to a directory of your choice. If you already have the old Greece3, you only have to change the pbos...

Any feedback?

Any feedback?

Just want to confirm: you kept the anim cutscene as is? So my AMORE version will do the same thing?

Didn't you read the info.txt? wink_o.gif

No, this is only a V1.05 test of the forests. Final release will be V1.1 including new music; perhaps two versions ("AMORE" and "normal")?