Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

Any other sources for this tidbit? Sounds like a load of horseshit to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ April 07 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/iraqwar_ru_022.htm

At the North of Iraq desultory fightings between Kurdish troops “peshmerga†and Iraqi forces are going on. The morning messages about the town Kalak captured have not been confirmed yet, and according to the radio surveillance data the actions only take place at the approaches of the town. For now, Kurds are mainly busy robbing neighboring villages and transporting the stolen goods into their basic regions. According to American special forces which have recently been replaced here, sometimes after capturing a village up to half of the Kurdish squadron abandon their positions. They load stolen property into captured cars and leave for their homes to be back next morning for new salvage.

But apart from clear marauding of “peshmergaâ€, the coalition command has more and more problems with keeping the decent moral level of their fighting soldiers. Spite and irritability are growing even in British troops, which were always “correct enough†towards the civilians on the occupied territories. In increasing frequency British soldiers show violence and rudeness towards civilians. At a recent consultation at the British HQ, a representative of the military police command pointed at the fact that even actions of arresting people suspected in underground activities occur with unnecessary violence and publicity, and resemble rather intimidation than special police operations. The command issued a special order regarding the required behavior in the occupied regions, but even after it had been published a few analogous incidents were registered.

An event that had happened 5 days before also received publicity at the coalition HQ. During a night “cleanup†in one of suburban houses near An-Nasiriya three marines shot a man and afterwards raped and shot his wife. The command got information about this accident from one of its informers. After interrogation the marines were sent to Qatar for additional investigations.

In increasing frequency commanders find things belonging to Iraqis in their soldiers’ rucksacks. The soldiers are discontent of their commanders attempting to cease this practice, and call those items “war salvageâ€. Currently the command is preparing a special order regarding this issue.

Argghh... confused.gif

All wars end up this way...Rape, Pillage...<span id='postcolor'>

wow, I'd give that source a little credence if the first words weren't:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The situation on the US-Iraqi front is characterized by gradual reduction of American offensive activity.<span id='postcolor'>

why?

Because I'm currently watching a tank column inside Baghdad along the banks of the Tigris. Hell, the footage was shot by David Chater's Sky News crew in Baghdad.

Get yourself a credible source and then we can talk.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,08:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm currently watching a tank column inside Baghdad along the banks of the Tigris.<span id='postcolor'>

Those must be yesteryear's reruns:

US Tanks Attack Downtown Baghdad, Enter Palace

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 07 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,08:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm currently watching a tank column inside Baghdad along the banks of the Tigris.<span id='postcolor'>

Those must be yesteryear's reruns:

US Tanks Attack Downtown Baghdad, Enter Palace<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, Fox's Greg Kelly just interviewed 3rd ID 2nd Brigade commander Colonel Perkins in front of one of Saddam's palaces. lol, did I just type that? Surreal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ previous page)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure?  I mean, the problem with all claims I have is I can't believe it till I see it with my own eyes.  And if it's tape coming from the coalition I don't have to believe it either, since faking is easy for U.S.

Video and pictures from independent sources is all I can trust.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well, guess this is good enough?

i'm kind of surprised at how US troops are making such a fast incursion into Baghdad. maybe they decided to take hit-and-run tactics like Iraqis?

I assume the .ru address means it's a Russian site? I wouldn't trust them any more than I would the Iraqis, if that's the case.

If I were the 2nd brigade commander I would SO be sitting in one of Saddam's big leather chairs right now.

Supposedly, there are 60 tanks and 45 IFV involved in this incursion into Baghdad. That's a ton of firepower, and in the wide streets over there, they could bring it to bear if needed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 07 2003,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I were the 2nd brigade commander I would SO be sitting in one of Saddam's big leather chairs right now.<span id='postcolor'>

Hell, a corporal would probably have a better chance of doing that. Col. Perkins is way too busy at the moment. BTW, what do you want to bet he gets his general stars very soon? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Supposedly, there are 60 tanks and 45 IFV involved in this incursion into Baghdad. That's a ton of firepower, and in the wide streets over there, they could bring it to bear if needed.<span id='postcolor'>

I sure hope they wouldn't use their main cannon in an urban area. I'm still wondering how they're going to achieve "urban close air support" without some civilian casualties.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hell, a corporal would probably have a better chance of doing that. Col. Perkins is way too busy at the moment. BTW, what do you want to bet he gets his general stars very soon? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, there's a safe bet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ April 07 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/iraqwar_ru_022.htm<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In An-Najaf, after 3 days of gunning and bombardment the 101st Airborne Division marines were able to advance towards the center of the town and are now fighting in the market region.<span id='postcolor'>

Dayum, those Airborne Marines are tough!  What's the Russian word for "proofread"?

I'm afraid this translation error seriously diminishes my ability to trust the GRU.

Semper Fi

1137227.jpg

Greg Kelly and Col. Perkins in front of Saddam's Palace

1137226.jpg

US IFVs along the Tigris in downtown Baghdad

With all our video editing experience we made it seem like the airborne soldiers were marines. biggrin.gif

This TV Coverage is sick.

"and coming up next after the war we have a brand new series called 'when saxaphone solo's go bad'. But now a message from our sponsors...' We here at lockheed martin pride ourselves...' "

crazy.gif

lol, a sergeant just got interviewed, and he announced his intentions to take his first shower in 30 days in one of Saddam Hussein's bathrooms tounge.gif

Allies Launch Second Raid Into Baghdad, Apply Pressure to Basra

Gen. Peter Pace

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"One of the points is to destroy the enemy that we found, and the last two raids have been very, very successful at doing that," he said<span id='postcolor'>

He added...

M071999.jpg

Wonder how the Iraqi Information Minister is going to explain all this US armour in central bagdad this time.

Oh hang on. US troops have secured the Ministry of "information" building...

could it be a GI on the podium this time? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 06 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Supposedly, there are 60 tanks and 45 IFV involved in this incursion into Baghdad. That's a ton of firepower, and in the wide streets over there, they could bring it to bear if needed.<span id='postcolor'>

Correction, 65 tanks and 50 IFVs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1137227.jpg

Greg Kelly and Col. Perkins in front of Saddam's Palace<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, a sergeant just got interviewed, and he announced his intentions to take his first shower in 30 days in one of Saddam Hussein's bathrooms <span id='postcolor'>

I guess we now know what the Seargent was thinking while being interviewed: "Stop asking me questions so I can take some shower!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cnn @ ,)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cars continued driving on the street. <span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif i think this is a bit wierd? someone wants to drive around while bullets are flying everywhere? either the press is seeing from another part of town or something is really wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think this is a bit wierd? someone wants to drive around while bullets are flying everywhere? either the press is seeing from another part of town or something is really wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

not all that wierd, really. Just the fog of war. I mean, depending on what channel you watch, you have completely different ideas of how this fight is developing. If you're watching Fox, you see a captured palace and hear Col. Perkins saying they were clearing a second palace; on CNN you hear a bunch of reporters speculating on whether or not a palace had been taken; and on Sky News David Chater manages to makes it sound like the Iraqis are winning lol.

edit: from what I'm seeing on the Lebanese TV feed, there are indeed a surprising number of cars on the road. Go figure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1137227.jpg

Greg Kelly and Col. Perkins in front of Saddam's Palace

1137226.jpg

US IFVs along the Tigris in downtown Baghdad<span id='postcolor'>

I am sure I saw huge HOLLYWOOD sign on the hill over that "presidential palace" tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 07 2003,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am sure I saw huge HOLLYWOOD sign on the hill over that "presidential palace"  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and a true Angelino would know that Hollywood sign is hard to see due to smogs wink.giftounge.gif

back on serios note. seems like US troops took highway to get to the palace. so maybe negligence from Iraq side was exploited to fullest extent and enabled US troops to make fast incursion? confused.gif

lol, some 2nd Brigade troopers just blew up a statue of Saddam on a horse, while Muhhamad Sahud el Sayeef (whatever the hell his name is) categorically denies everything that has been happening. Fuckin' liar LMAO tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, some 2nd Brigade troopers just blew up a statue of Saddam on a horse, while Muhhamad Sahud el Sayeef (whatever the hell his name is) categorically denies everything that has been happening. Fuckin' liar LMAO  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Quickly, to the obviousmobile!

Currently Greg Kelly is reporting from the main reviewing stand/parade ground in Baghdad- you know, the one with the big arch in the form of raised swords. I gotta say, those Abrams look better than the usual Scuds out there smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ April 07 2003,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quickly, to the obviousmobile!<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL! tounge.gif

Just listened to the Iraqi MinISter (of) Information live on the radio.

He had a hard time explaining what he was doing in the Rashid Hotel instead of the usual location.

A good comparison to their current fantasizing would be to dig up what Nasser had broadcasted to the Egyptians in 1967.