Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 06 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 06 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How big is the canister and the food?<span id='postcolor'>

If you don't know what makes you think an Iraqi kid will?<span id='postcolor'>

So you dont know..... ?

You'll also find at Reuters a much bigger crowd of Basra residents dancing on and around a British manned challenger tank out of joy and ecstacy of being rid of Saddam and the Baath party.

Oi! Off the bloody tank, you'll take the polish off!

Crazy bastards are trying to walk along the main gun!

I just saw video footage shot by a report from the most recent friendly fire incident. It was quite disturbing... Blood splatter on the camera lens, torn up bodies on the road, exploding munitions, many wounded. Its one thing to read about it, another thing to see it on high quality video.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,14wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 06 2003,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He also says the airport is not really under coalition control and that small numbers of coalition forces return to the airport after retreating, for propaganda purposes. Since this is war, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, certainly not where coalition tries to put it.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the truth just landed on your theory.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure? I mean, the problem with all claims I have is I can't believe it till I see it with my own eyes. And if it's tape coming from the coalition I don't have to believe it either, since faking is easy for U.S.

Video and pictures from independent sources is all I can trust. smile.gif

Maybe one of those 10 Iraqi Generals that were !captured by the coalition will comment on the truth. wink.gif

Holy Fuck!

Did you see the friendly fire footage on at 20wow.gif0 on BBC 24?

The camera lense was covered in blood, bodies everywhere, ammo cooking off, it was absolute destruction. Simpson found his camera man, who's face was bleeding badly, then found their translator, whose legs had been ripped to peices. He died.

Poor bastards. Looks like the US pilot mistook the target, and missed anyway.

Nasty stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 06 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 06 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 06 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How big is the canister and the food?<span id='postcolor'>

So you dont know..... ?<span id='postcolor'>

He doesn't have to know really, it's the Iraqi civilians that are hte issue. Tovarish is not a coalition nor Iraqi soldier, and he's not an Iraqi civilian. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 06 2003,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Holy Fuck!

Did you see the friendly fire footage on at 20wow.gif0 on BBC 24?

The camera lense was covered in blood, bodies everywhere, ammo cooking off, it was absolute destruction. Simpson found his camera man, who's face was bleeding badly, then found their translator, whose legs had been ripped to peices. He died.

Poor bastards. Looks like the US pilot mistook the target, and missed anyway.

Nasty stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, I gotta see if I can catch BBC here... although I believe your summary and that should be enough. sad.gif

I love how you guys see that one US pilot messed up and you generalize all of them into the RAMBO KILL EVERYTHING THAT EATS BREATHES AND SLEEPS category.

I'm not defending what the pilot did, I'm just stating that is extraordinarily annoying when you euroes trash the US Airforce everytime they screw up. These guys are flying under immense stress, they could be shot down in an instant. Which is probably enough to make them very,very edgy.

Also notice that this is a Special Forces convoy, so they probably weren't listed on the map as being there, because of the covert nature of their operations.

My Conclusions are:

A. The Pilot F'd up

B. I'm suprised this doesn't happen more because of the THOUSANDS of sorties that are being flown every day.

Cloney, go over to the Political Iraq Thread for my reply..

I put my reply on the political board. smile.gif

Thank you smile.gif

I for one am hoping the Coalition claims that they can move about in Baghdad at will are true. It means that Saddam is that much closer to collapse and hte bombing can stop.

My only problem at this point is that 90% of what hte Coalition has claimed so far has turned out to be nonsense sad.gif

"Wow, I gotta see if I can catch BBC here... although I believe your summary and that should be enough."

Like I said a couple of posts prior to this, its all ready been shown on many channels. Swedish TV showed it, so I assume it has been shown, or will be shown, on other Nordic networks aswell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Wow, I gotta see if I can catch BBC here...  although I believe your summary and that should be enough.

<span id='postcolor'>

You can also find this video from BBC website.

Yeah it's pretty bad what happened. It happens. Don't tell me you've never had any type of accident.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 06 2003,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 06 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 06 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 06 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How big is the canister and the food?<span id='postcolor'>

So you dont know..... ?<span id='postcolor'>

He doesn't have to know really, it's the Iraqi civilians that are hte issue.  Tovarish is not a coalition nor Iraqi soldier, and he's not an Iraqi civilian.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. I don't have to worry about this, i'm not some Iraqi kid who might think something yellow sticking out of the sand is food.

Not only that, but both the bomblets and the food packages get buried partially below ground so you just see a bit of yellow plastic sticking out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 06 2003,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only if you're either really hungry, or just not that bright.

<span id='postcolor'>

You mean like pilots that can't differentiate between these two: ?

flags.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 07 2003,05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean like pilots that can't differentiate between these two: ?

flags.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

If you're dumb enough to get close enough to see the flag, yes. confused.gif

And I think there's a bit of a difference between aerial combat and looking for food.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 06 2003,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw a M1, which was pretty much burned out, and what looked like a M113 with it's side panels ripped off.

As for the downed Apache which people said had been taken out by an airstrike, its now in a garage in Baghdad somewhere. They chucked it on a car transporter and nicked it.

If they could get that thing running again, they could cause mayhem!<span id='postcolor'>

umm actually... the Apache has been disabled if not completely destroyed. sorry to burst your bubble, but there won't be any Iraqis flying a Longbow anytime soon biggrin.gif

I've seen footage of the apache being trucked away on a flatbed, but they might of nailed it on the truck, or in the bunker.

From http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/iraqwar_ru_022.htm

At the North of Iraq desultory fightings between Kurdish troops “peshmerga†and Iraqi forces are going on. The morning messages about the town Kalak captured have not been confirmed yet, and according to the radio surveillance data the actions only take place at the approaches of the town. For now, Kurds are mainly busy robbing neighboring villages and transporting the stolen goods into their basic regions. According to American special forces which have recently been replaced here, sometimes after capturing a village up to half of the Kurdish squadron abandon their positions. They load stolen property into captured cars and leave for their homes to be back next morning for new salvage.

But apart from clear marauding of “peshmergaâ€, the coalition command has more and more problems with keeping the decent moral level of their fighting soldiers. Spite and irritability are growing even in British troops, which were always “correct enough†towards the civilians on the occupied territories. In increasing frequency British soldiers show violence and rudeness towards civilians. At a recent consultation at the British HQ, a representative of the military police command pointed at the fact that even actions of arresting people suspected in underground activities occur with unnecessary violence and publicity, and resemble rather intimidation than special police operations. The command issued a special order regarding the required behavior in the occupied regions, but even after it had been published a few analogous incidents were registered.

An event that had happened 5 days before also received publicity at the coalition HQ. During a night “cleanup†in one of suburban houses near An-Nasiriya three marines shot a man and afterwards raped and shot his wife. The command got information about this accident from one of its informers. After interrogation the marines were sent to Qatar for additional investigations.

In increasing frequency commanders find things belonging to Iraqis in their soldiers’ rucksacks. The soldiers are discontent of their commanders attempting to cease this practice, and call those items “war salvageâ€. Currently the command is preparing a special order regarding this issue.

Argghh... confused.gif

All wars end up this way...Rape, Pillage...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ April 07 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All wars end up this way...Rape, Pillage...<span id='postcolor'>

As despicable as the report is and even one incident is too many, this does not at all reflect on the actions and behavior of the coalition forces and how they're fighting this war.

I hope they soldiers are treated like the criminals that they are and then some for being criminals in uniform.