Sign in to follow this  
smogmorph

Afghanistan!

yeah damn nice...it's Catshitone's(or something like that...lol) Afghanistan map right?

Maybe you guys should start hanging around ofpec tounge.gif This is old news, but ya great island.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 14 2003,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is old news<span id='postcolor'>

About time someone made a thread about it here then tounge.gif

I find that ofpec loads pages so slow that(for me at least) its not worth going there.

Also, I heard all these big wonderful things they had hyped about how great the site was and....um...well....

EDIT: oh ya, nice map! When I get my Pentium6000 with 9 billion RAM, I'm sure it will work real smooth.

jk biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 14 2003,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find that ofpec loads pages so slow that(for me at least) its not worth going there.

Also, I heard all these big wonderful things they had hyped about how great the site was and....um...well....

EDIT: oh ya, nice map! When I get my Pentium6000 with 9 billion RAM, I'm sure it will work real smooth.  

jk  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The cities aren't going to be gigantic on this Afghanistan map.

The map looks terrific! Finally a good looking realistic Afghanistan map, not some desert place with the BIS ruin houses. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 14 2003,15:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you guys should start hanging around ofpec tounge.gif This is old news, but ya great island.<span id='postcolor'>

ofpec? oh ya that site that hasnt been updated sinc ehte release of 1.75 confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 14 2003,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ofpec? oh ya that site that hasnt been updated sinc ehte release of 1.75  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ooookay wow.gif

Maybe you should go there right now

www.ofpec.com

i do check there on thier scripts to see if hell froze over...er i mean if they have anything for 1.85 yet. all i see is "ver 1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY all the way down the list. so i dont bother anymore. oh wait i did find a deceint AA script that i needed to modify for 1.85 but othe rthne that all the scripts dont work anymore. becuz NOONE IN THE WORLD HAS 1.46 ANYMORE~! they should oh i dunno DELETE THOSE CRIPTS AS THEY ARE UNUSABLE ANYMORE??? blah nvm. god forbid anyone use common sense anymore

VERY nice. any release date set?

edit: and oh yea, can u go inside those caves? i saw one on and screen and am very curious

Yup, you can enter the caves smile.gif

He says he will release it at the end of this month biggrin.gif

Author plans to send us a CD cause the size of his map and addons are too big for his 56k. smile.gif

As soon as we'll receive it it will be released for download on our site smile.gif

And Remo is working on some Arabic units, which will go nice on this map (even if some of them look like retextured knockoffs of Chritov's Middle East Resistance units)

afganpack.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 15 2003,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Remo is working on some Arabic units, which will go nice on this map (even if some of them look like retextured knockoffs of Chritov's Middle East Resistance units)

afganpack.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

remo has released the pack go to his page it is 13mb big wink.gif

jeez what are those things on their heads???I know they're SUPPOSED to be turbans but come on!LMAO... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">jeez what are those things on their heads???I know they're SUPPOSED to be turbans but come on!LMAO... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dont laugh if you can do better than go ahaed if not just stfu tounge.gif

I think he has done a great job wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Mar. 15 2003,03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">jeez what are those things on their heads???I know they're SUPPOSED to be turbans but come on!LMAO... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dont laugh if you can do better than go ahaed if not just stfu tounge.gif

I think he has done a great job wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If nobody criticizes then nothing will get better. I think their cool, but the giant beards and strange turbans are the only wierd parts. And I don't really like the NA's orangish fatigues, which don't seem too realistic. But the beards are the worst part about this addon, they are too big and stereotypical of Arab men. Hopefully the creator makes a new version with slightly smaller, or no beards as well.

When I try to use the Taleb units in the mission editor, i get this error:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.talebLAW'.

I extracted all the PBOs... confused.gif

Edit: this only seems to happen when you place a group...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 15 2003,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I try to use the Taleb units in the mission editor, i get this error:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.talebLAW'.

I extracted all the PBOs... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same here. I also have a mission p3d file for the new F4 phantom bomber.