Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Rah-66 comanche 1.1 released

im not threating anything. i like ur RAH66 im not tryin to"yell" at you or insult u in anyway. just expressing my feelings thats all

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- 5 Prototypes I don't call "in service"<span id='postcolor'>

i know at least 2 of them have done missions. RAH66 is the "delta force" of the helos its there but its not (in service). but i do know that at least 1 mission (not test) has been completed by an RAH66

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FYI: The M109 Palidin rip had horrible textures and generally, sucked.<span id='postcolor'>

ya the textures coulda done better. but other then BAS addons im still waiting for an addon with good textures.

but other then textures the M109 "rip" preformed awsome. shortly after a few ppl made their own M109 and they sucked royaly. the M109 rip was the best M109 ive seen yet.

Thanks for the update on the commanche.  Going to test it out now.  Let you know what I think, but It'l probly be biased and a good review hehe.

Verdict is I LOVE IT. That is all. Thank you !!!!!!!!!

HEY!!!!! what the bloody hell happend the navagation map?!?!?!?!!??! its no longer an option on teh helo and the pilot MFD has the compas thingy instead of the nav map...what the bloody hell happend to it?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif

You know guys, most addon makers are quite happy to help people out if they asked in a professional manner and have at least researched what they are trying to do. Absolute newbies should complete some of the fantastic tutorials that are out there first. Trying to create something like the RAH-66 as one of your first projects is rediculous anyway confused.gif My advice is to do all the tutes you can, recreate other addons it doesn't matter. Just get all the experience you can before trying to do a complicated addon that you want to release to the community. And all those having a whinge about .bin files should just get unPBO 1.3 you lazy buggers. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 09 2003,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HEY!!!!!  what the bloody hell happend the navagation map?!?!?!?!!??! its no longer an option on teh helo and the pilot MFD has the compas thingy instead of the nav map...what the bloody hell happend to it?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh... bad karma.

The nav map won't show up on custom islands, it will only show up on the official islands. That is probably your problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Mar. 09 2003,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All in all an excellent addon, once again I congratulate all of you (DKM) on your hard, and pioneering, work for OFP...

I do however have 1 problem with this addon (and only cos I am a realism freak...)

Why do you still have the US Marine Corps Insignia on your helo? It is only being used by the US Army...

see here:

FAS.org DOD-101

and here:

Boeing Official Site

and here:

Army Document about the RAH-66

just shareing the info...<span id='postcolor'>

Also here

Comanche Program Management Office

PS:The page must be viewed over a secure channel! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 09 2003,01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 08 2003,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">commanche1.jpg

commanche2.jpg

http://www.evilmadman.com/commanche3.jpg

http://www.evilmadman.com/commanche4.jpg

http://www.evilmadman.com/commanche5.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§8)Do not post images over 100kb in size

No posting of images over 100 kb out of consideration to modem users. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb provide a link to it instead. <span id='postcolor'>

Read the board rules in future please.<span id='postcolor'>

OMG !! wow.gif

did u improved the pictures with photoshop or paintshop or are u playing @ 2048x1600 ??<span id='postcolor'>

the radar size looks different. Also, notice the postion of the "United States ARMY" smile.gif

photo_7.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Mar. 10 2003,08:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, notice the postion of the "United States ARMY"<span id='postcolor'>

I bet they placed it back there to cover up a Marine insignia. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Mar. 09 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The nav map won't show up on custom islands, it will only show up on the official islands.  That is probably your problem.<span id='postcolor'>

awcrap.gif

Dr. Nos island i was on when i noticed this problem....never thought about the island

The map works only on official islands (or also their winter/desert version). We have no chance to read out what island we are on and create a map out of it. So we limited that only to the official ones.

If you are on a custom island only the compass shows up.

Maybe in version 1.111, 1.12 or 1.2 you can add a plain OD-green attack version?? This will most likely be the real-life camo. And OD-green blends in with Nogova really good.

And why is it that the little vertical tail-wings are only added to Longbow version. I thought that all versions have this. The little wings make the bird look really great.

Do like the addon as it is right now, though. You guy's made a big improvement since version 1.0. Love the new sound for the gun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 10 2003,12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And why is it that the little vertical tail-wings are only added to Longbow version. I thought that all versions have this. The little wings make the bird look really great.<span id='postcolor'>

RAH-66.jpg

Two bugs found:

1. I played Comanche Assault (Desert) from my Quanah Parker Mission Pack. With the new Comanche version, yellow waypoint markers are suppressed and not displayed. They were showing when using the first Comanche version. I made no changes to the mission since I released it.

2. Just to be sure this wasn't a general problem with OFP, I went to the 1985 campaign and selected REPLAY for the original Air Assault mission. This generated a "Missing addon DKM_MOD" message. I was able to click OK and continue but this shows that the Comanche is interfering with regular OFP play in some way. I recall reporting this when the Comanche originally came out. Here there was no problems having OFP display the waypoint markers.

For this test, I've got a mod addons folder set up that contains only the following addons, used by the Quanah Parker Mission Pack:

The DKM Mod's RAH-66 Comanche helicopter addon, version 1.11

Ebud's Jungle Everon Island addon, version 1.20

SelectThis' STT Desert Malden Island addon, version 1.00, including the addon's desert soldiers units

Zwadar's ZWA Desert Everon Island addon, version 2

Kegetys' Winter Nogojev Island addon, version 1.1

Note that my OFP\Res\Addons folder only contains OFP's original addons.

Yes, STS_SolidSnake;

I noticed non of the birds on the foto's in the galleries on both the Boeing and Sikorsky site have these little wings. But when you go to the boeing site the pic on top shows one with tailwings.

AND in the news releases you can read that they redisigned the tail; The vertical wings are part of the new tail. It's not the final design, but it is the latest. So no reason for DKM not to put them on all their birds, sorry.

""Boeing has completed fabrication of a newly designed tail, consisting of vertical and horizontal stabilizers and new vertical endplates on the horizontal structure, for the Comanche. The new tail structure is a reconfigurable unit that permits adjustments of tail components to validate and optimize a final tail design for production. Technicians at the Comanche Flight Test Center in West Palm Beach will install the improved empennage for flight tests scheduled for mid-December. (2000)""

Read the entire newsrelease here;(second one with foto)

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2000/news_release_001121n.htm

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2000/news_release_001221n.htm

To DKM;

Have you guys noticed that all bird are plain OD-green?? Will you consider making one in this colour?? (Please)

the plain green version is beeing made by others allready, this is why i've opted not to do it also, to avoid creating identical addons with different quality/features.

Im not afraid that other mods may do a better comanche, coz i know they can, if they put enough effort into it.

I've seen screenshots of semi-finished green comanche's made by other people, so decided to build the striped and the (fictional?) black, not to throw others off their work and let them continue with the green ones.

Look at the weapons scene, a lot of similar weapons going around and people are comparing similar weapons from different authors, the regular ofp player doesnt want to do that, when someone says M4 for example, he/she should not have to look at 20 different M4's from different makers to pick a decent one.

If i can avoid making stuff that is allready out there i will. (unless we think we can do much better)

So, for a green one you'd better start asking the others for their status.

If their status is 'on hold indefinitely/abandoned/not ready this year', we might reconsider.

Incidently; we are still looking for an experienced texture artist.........

on the green one;

I see your point. BAS is also working on a Comanche (at least, I think they do). They'll most likely make a green version. And some other modelers might also be wqorking on comanche's. It would be a shame to see them stop, because you allready made one.

But what about the new tail?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 11 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see your point. BAS is also working on a Comanche (at least, I think they do).<span id='postcolor'>

What do you base this on? confused.gif The only other Comanche I've seen is Brsseb's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 11 2003,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 11 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see your point. BAS is also working on a Comanche (at least, I think they do).<span id='postcolor'>

What do you base this on? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Probably the fact we are....

*Points to the list of projects*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 11 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 11 2003,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 11 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see your point. BAS is also working on a Comanche (at least, I think they do).<span id='postcolor'>

*Points to the list of projects*<span id='postcolor'>

Hoky Smokes! Now we're gonna have 3 different Comanche addons?!?!?! crazy.gif

well it is a popular vehicle.. it is a shame that DMk dont make a green one... after all it is it isnt gonna interfere with it.. well i dont have a problem of having 3 green comanches done by diferent people.. i see it as 3 squads of comanches

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 11 2003,06:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 11 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 11 2003,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 11 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see your point. BAS is also working on a Comanche (at least, I think they do).<span id='postcolor'>

*Points to the list of projects*<span id='postcolor'>

Hoky Smokes! Now we're gonna have 3 different Comanche addons?!?!?! crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

2 RAH66's

DKM Mod = COMPLETE

BAS Mod = Work In Progress

Brsseb = on hold (possibly indefenitly) due to scripter has gone back to school, and he still isnt happy with the textures so unless he gets a few good texturers and scripters to finish that....

we are gonna end up with 2 RAH66 Comanches.

and no offense DKM but my money is on the BAS one. ALTHOU yours is very nice. im waiting to see what they ofer...... oh and another thing checking some more pics you DID however manage to get one color scheme right...ther IS a black one

The majority here seem to be saying what's good about the new version, so I won't go into it any more. but I've noticed one thing I wouldn't describe as good

Man that tail fan, it's perfect. The attention to detail there is superb. A masterful piece of animation and skinning.

Okay, that's it, I said it.

Carry on.