Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Trinity island v.1.0 by buggs !

Brent aka Buggs released next very, very nice unofficial island for OFP: Trinity v.1.0 (for OFP v. 1.75 and higher), this island is very large too. I think that it is one of best unofficial island ! There are in the .zip file with this nice island 5 mission. Look on screenshot and download from our site smile.gif

ofp.info

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

smile.gif

wow this looks excellent, gunna check it out. i hope that bridge leads to a tunnel, hard to tell from the screenshot.

nice work Buggs

Well it is a great map and I like the Fact that it came with missions but there are some bugs. I will admit that i have no idea how to use WRP maker and i enevy anyone who can make Islands. The Bridges are the problem and I can guess that he is in the middle if making it better biggrin.gif, and I cant wait for the Final product. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif This island, except for the bridges, Is GREAT biggrin.gif Good Job Buggs biggrin.gif

Very nice island, I agree on the bridge thing. There's also an area in the south-central part of the island where the road kind of dips into the forest; my jeep did not take kindly to that at all.

It also seems that Trinitians must like to walk. I found only 3 gas stations on the entire island and those were at the airfield and a couple of bases.

Other than that the terrain is very nice. Some very interesting features on that island. smile.gif

-5hole

Too bad it doesnt seem to have high resolution land textures or more higher detail trees and objects from nogova.

Yes Kegetys, I was about to mention this in my initial beta testing. Overall however, this is a great addition to my addon folder - right next to Nogojev and Winter Nogojev smile.gif

isle1.jpg

isle4.jpg

isle6.jpg

isle8.jpg

isle11.jpg

isle12.jpg

isle14.jpg

isle15.jpg

isle18.jpg

isle20.jpg

More pictures @ www.evilmadman.com/islepics... these are just my favorite/best pictures of the island...

First of all thanks to OFP-CZ for hosting my island and thanks to Fighter for posting on the forums…Cheers biggrin.gif

The bridge bug is mentioned in the read me file.

[bugs/Known Issues: if you select anything other than very low detail in the options menu ingame

(options/video options/terrain detail) the bridges and some buildings/fences will appear out of line/uneven.] wink.gif

Dont forget WRPEdit came out before resistance & defaults at very low terrain detail.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5hole @ Mar. 08 2003,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's also an area in the south-central part of the island where the road kind of dips into the forest; my jeep did not take kindly to that at all.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you Give me a Grid reference. Cheers

wow this island looks very nice  smile.gif

so, is the bridge thing going to be fixed?

one more thing: i cant load the missions, that were shipped with the island, because there´s the "groups" addon missing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Buggs @ Mar. 08 2003,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5hole @ Mar. 08 2003,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's also an area in the south-central part of the island where the road kind of dips into the forest; my jeep did not take kindly to that at all.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you Give me a Grid reference. Cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Ej_55.

Look in the north part of the sector, right where the angled bit of forest is near the road. There are several pine trees in the road.

-5hole

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5hole @ Mar. 08 2003,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Buggs @ Mar. 08 2003,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5hole @ Mar. 08 2003,04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's also an area in the south-central part of the island where the road kind of dips into the forest; my jeep did not take kindly to that at all.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you Give me a Grid reference. Cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Ej_55.

Look in the north part of the sector, right where the angled bit of forest is near the road.  There are several pine trees in the road.

-5hole<span id='postcolor'>

Got it, no idea how i missed that......cheers confused.gif

Buggs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ Mar. 08 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow this island looks very nice  smile.gif

so, is the bridge thing going to be fixed?

one more thing: i cant load the missions, that were shipped with the island, because there´s the "groups" addon missing<span id='postcolor'>

fixing the bridge bug is down to OFP internals, and i dont think this is going to happen.

the "groups" addon missing. it wont be till later on today before i can check that out but off hand i didnt use anything other than the AMI Tornado & bas delta's. confused.gif

hmmm sad.gif

wouldnt making the surface under the bridge completely flat solve the problem? as flat areas cant get any rougher, the detail- level wont affect it(?). dunno, never had a look over island editing...

but moving the "groups" addon out your addons-folder while saving a custom mission in the editor, solves the problem. had the same thing, depending on the kyllikki soundpack with the minicooper.

Thank you for this fantastic island!

A good day for fishing.

niceday.jpg

Only the bridge thing isnt so nice.

Oh, and a second (smaller) airport would be great.

MfG Lee wink.gif

Thanks for the positive feedback it really is appreciated.

Going back to the bridge problem. changing the surface that the bridge is on has no effect. the only thing you can do is change the terrain detail to very low in your video options.

Thanks Buggs.

ps. nice screen shot Lee

tounge.gif

Looks great, good work Buggs.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks great, good work Buggs.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great Island ! Very good work Buggs !

Vladimir<span id='postcolor'>

many thanks. biggrin.gif

Very nice island! biggrin.gif

I love the airport, between the cliffs. smile.gif

EDIT: I just noticed, also new backgrounds of this island in the Main Menu. wow.gifsmile.gif

And I can't play the missions that came with it, missing addon "groups".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DestroyerX @ Mar. 08 2003,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I can't play the missions that came with it, missing addon "groups".<span id='postcolor'>

first of all Apologies for the problems with the missions.

i have checked the mission sqm and sure enough "groups" is

listed amongst the addons.

solution:Depbo the missions and look for the mission sqm.

open it using note pad and you should see something like this.

i'll use the Blackbox mission sqm as an example:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"ITA_TORNADO",

"BRDM",

"Bizon",

"BMP2",

"bas_deraw",

"groups",

"bas_weap",    

"Trabant",

"bis_weaponpack"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"groups",

"BMP2",

"bas_deraw",

"Bizon",

"ITA_TORNADO",

"BRDM",

"Trabant"

remove the "groups" so it should look like this:

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"ITA_TORNADO",

"BRDM",

"Bizon",

"BMP2",

"bas_deraw",

"bas_weap",

"Trabant",

"bis_weaponpack"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"BMP2",

"bas_deraw",

"Bizon",

"ITA_TORNADO",

"BRDM",

"Trabant"

<span id='postcolor'>

do this for each mission. then repack the mission using a pbo packing tool

or place the mission folder in your mission editing folder (OFP folder/users/your name/missions) and save it to the single missions folder.

De-pbo utilities are available at ofp-cz

i use one by Amalfi v1.5 it's sixth from the top of the first

page in the utilities section.

or email me(email address is in the readme file) and i will send you the updated missions.

I'll upload the amended mission pack seperately if need be.

cheers Buggs

very good work buggs... a well laid out, and planned island...

11 out of 10 biggrin.gif

nice one

Wow, great stuff. How much work was it to put this together? I've never looked at WrpEdit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (earl @ Mar. 09 2003,01:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, great stuff.  How much work was it to put this together?  I've never looked at WrpEdit.<span id='postcolor'>

WRPEdit Is worth checking out & its not a big download.

and there are lots of great tutoriels(see the readme file)also

go to ofp editing center.any problems you may encounter will be solved at the forums there.

the only downside to WRPEdit is that there isn't a copy and paste feature so any fences, walls, roads, forests ,town's etc will have to be aligned/relaid time & time again.

when i started this i was putting about 2 to 4 hours every other day for about 3 months, but the roads & fences started to send me round the bend  crazy.gif,so i went down to about 1 hour every day  for about 6 months.

knowing what i know now, i think i could do something better & quicker. but i will possibly update trinity with nogova forest/trees once i've had a break.

Cheers Buggs  wink.gif