Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Trinity island v.1.0 by buggs !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ Mar. 11 2003,10wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey buggs,

i thought this might interesst you:

i just had a look at the island jelalabad and was curious about the bridge... so i checked it out on both "very low" and "normal" landdetail.

bridges.jpg

i know, its kinda hard to see any difference  <!--emo&confused.gif  but it didnt change on both settings.

maybe its creator, umphrey (umfrey@hotmail.com) can give you some advice with the bridge thingy smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi pang, I must confess you was right in your second post. The ground dose effect the bridge, i was experimenting this morning with the bridge near trinity bay and i have got it so it looks flat in either very low terrain or normal etc.

However i havn't been so lucky with the bridge over hopevalley. i have got it so the centre

pieces look flat in any detail, but its the two end pieces i am having problems with.

no matter what i do there is some part of the hill touching the support leg, and this is what is stopping it from looking flat in anything other than low detail. the only way round this is to set the height manualy for specific terrain detail(normal detail) which i have almost done. I think the bulk of the problem is bad planing on my part. the bridge was throw in as an after thought. to get the best results When placing objects in WRPedit, bridges fences etc have to aligned with cells (large squares, like map grids) unfortunatley the bridge over hopevalley is going diagonally into a square (the worst thing you could do) hence the problems im having.

anyway ill keep experimenting.....cheers, Buggs crazy.gif

Wonderful island. Great job!

Now it's my favorite unofficial island (also Sarugao is very good).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (saper @ Mar. 13 2003,16<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wonderful island. Great job!

Now it's my favorite unofficial island (also Sarugao is very good).<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks saper. i must confess that sarugao is my favourite unofficial island.

update:Hopefully i should have a version for normal terrain detail ready in the next couple of days.

Yes, and main feature of every good island is realyty for life.

This island is good even for WWII missions.

This is probably one of the best islands for ofp, I really am loving it, you where very carefull when placing objects, you dind't make the mistake a lot of island makers make that is to make citys full of objects and houses which will only result on a bad gameplay, you've placed te objects according to the neccesity of a good looking island and a no Lagging island.

Some of the places are really beautifull, like the Fort Bennington, the place of the factory which is unmarked biggrin.gif

the small bases, the way the citys are made, with just enough buildings and trees, for me this is a defenetaly must in my islands collection.

However, there is one thing that you have to fix, which as already been talked, the BRIDGES, both of them have the bug of not being leveled. which maks it impossible to cross on foot, my sugestion is, fix it or drop it, having a bridge that doesn't work is not a good politic, rather than that CONGRATULATIONS GREAT JOB, and btw I like the missions a lot too wink.gif

Guest jacobaby

if its any help, you can set the terrain detail for missions, MP or otherwise using SETTERRAINGRID.

Valid values are 50,25, 12.5,6,3

50 is the LOW quality setting

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Mar. 14 2003,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if its any help, you can set the terrain detail for missions, MP or otherwise using SETTERRAINGRID.

Valid values are 50,25, 12.5,6,3

50 is the LOW quality setting<span id='postcolor'>

I hope the bridge problem can be resolved at the WRP level and not at the mission level.

I agree with Avon Lady, we should solve the problem from the ruth not from the flower.

Since Resistance droped us a bridge to use, now everybody uses bridges in the islands, I can understand that bridges do give an extra something to the islands but if the bridge doesn't work properly, that I think it's better to have no bridge than a no working bridge.

Just my opinion... .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaven @ Mar. 14 2003,13:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we should solve the problem from the ruth<span id='postcolor'>

"Root" ................ or doeseth though waxeth biblical? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if the bridge doesn't work properly, that I think it's better to have no bridge than a no working bridge.<span id='postcolor'>

I Agree.

Buggs, can you fix the bridge or replace it with a plain old land crossing? confused.gif

tounge.gif Can't we just lose the bridge altogether and use a fairy? sandrine.gif

Maybe in the future add a troll bridge.

I must agree, the island is a work of art.  Even at night it's nice!  yaisse.gif1046776195.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Again thanks for the positive comments. As far as the bridge problem is concerned I have unfortunately not being able to resolve the problem (well the one spanning hope valley anyway) & I have already sent amended versions to ofp–cz . However these are not final versions and I am more than happy to remove the bridge totally. I’ve had quite a few emails regarding different versions so this could be the simplest answer but ill leave you guys to argue this one out (I’ll bow to the masses).  

Here is a list of fixes:

1. Fixed bridges for normal terrain detail.

2.changed road leading to helms bridge (it now snakes round as oppose to going straight)

3.changed (flattened) bend in the road leading from Helms Bridge to Durras heights

4.added 4 Petrol stations

5.added 1 military base (mountains above helms bridge)

6.moved trees from blocking road grid ej-55

7.added more trees/bushes

8.fixed missing addon "groups" message in missions.

Obviously this is the same for the very low detailed version minus the bridge fix.

Decided against doing a version with hi res forests (too time consuming at this moment in time)

Cheers Buggs