Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Map editor zoom-in feature?

Hi. I am trying to put troops into buildings and perform urban warfare ops. In the map editor, I am able to place them in the building but its is hard to do because its small. Is therea zoom feature for the map editor. I juts want something different from the usual outside type of fighting. I like room to room or building to building type fighting. Thanks

Doug

If you have a wheel mouse you can zoom in by using the wheel. i don't know if there is a key that allows you to do it, but you can check your "controls" and find out there.

But the wheel mouse works best smile.gif

this is a very good question, and most of the attempts of ppl placing troops in buildings are poor, because they are just stuck there with setpos or whatever. If u guys havent noticed, on the nogova animation, that guy walks in the stairs and goes to the upper floor. If he had a weapon he could fight, but I have never ai walking naturally in buildings besides the nogova animation. We need hints tounge.gif

I've gotten a solider to walk up the stairs by ordering to move to a place like right in front of my when I was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but that probably was using a brain cell they had. biggrin.gif

If you make a waypoint on top of a building, then you can sometimes choose a position in the building for him to walk to.

Bear in mind it works only in some of the buildings (Like the Nogova office).

Gameer

Hello

One example

Go in Everon map

Now go to Montignac

Look at the point where the is a crossroad ( map coordonate Di45) , zoom to see better

The building exactly NORTH of the crossroad is the one where we will test the AI (it has stairs inside)

Create a West Unit in the middle of the crossroad , alone ungrouped

Create a MOVE Waypoint and put this waypoint in the middle (EXACTLY in the middle !! , where you have the word House and Move waypoint in the same point, zoom if you dont see it, that can be hard to put the waypoint exactly where it needs to be) of the building

Now open the properties of this waypoint, you will notice a new line :

Position in house , and a choice Position#1 up to #9

select Position#6 , Preview and follow the AI soldier , you will notice him walking in the building, climbing the stairs and going to the window, a perfect sentry wink.gif

You have understood that every # correspond to a specific place in the builing wink.gif

ah, cool Chronicles I didn't know about that.

Cool, I always wondered how they did that, Thanks Chronicle!!

to put more than one unit in a house, i copy and paste the first unit and waypoint then just edit the position #.

or if you hold down shift you can select the objects under stuff like waypoints, you can do multiple getin waypoints on one object this way.

While we are giving editor tips:

If you want to rotate a group of soldiers, or a group of objects to face another direction, select them, hold down shift and drag your mouse in a certain direction, and they will rotate as you move.

Watch out when placing more than one unit in a building. there is a position for the unit to stand just outside the doorway and if he is there than none of the rest of the units will be able to get past him.

I found that if you set the guy who is going to stand out front a little further away than the rest and don't group him then he will be the last to get in position and everyone else will already be inside.