Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Sdoc/uce russians - new version !

There are for download on OFP Zone.de two addons - SDOC/UCE Russian Units - updated versions. There are modern Russian units by UCE (remember you ?) updated for OFP version 1.90 ! We will put these addons on our site tommorow evening.

ofp.info

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

smile.gif

Cool - what new weapons/models are included? Is this one not released by UCE or is it the "real thing", fixed and updated by UCE?

Anyway you look at it they are nice troops to counter the BAS Deltas/Rangers

This is the UCE packs that have been fixed and updated to 1.75 by SDOC with Mailman's weapons(replacing the older UCE ones).

It's great!

smile.gif

Also uses Kegs east weapons pack.

Great, I hope this becomes the definitive version of this pack, having two or three version floating around makes things quite difficult on the mission making front.

...Ehm, he just equipped them with weapons from a other addon?

...That is sooo...awesome... icon10.gif

I'm glad the special forces are updated, i have been waiting for those. This is probably the best update for UCE's units. There is another i tried but i never got it to work error free. I ended up dl'ing a bunch of different things that it needed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 06 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...Ehm, he just equipped them with weapons from a other addon?

...That is sooo...awesome... icon10.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I also think he upadted them to use pistols. wink.gif

ehey , finally

I use them so much in my own missions

I like the AK-103 very much its like an SIG-551

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 06 2003,04:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the UCE packs that have been fixed and updated to 1.75 by SDOC with Mailman's weapons(replacing the older UCE ones).

It's great!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why weren't the original PBO names retained?

That way, any missions already made for these addons would continue to function. confused.gif

Do these Russians come with Serbs too? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I need some Serbs and the only way I can get them is through the "kotmbri" site but I want an alternative, since it's so damn slow downloading from there (for me that is).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 06 2003,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 06 2003,04wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the UCE packs that have been fixed and updated to 1.75 by SDOC with Mailman's weapons(replacing the older UCE ones).

It's great!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why weren't the original PBO names retained?

That way, any missions already made for these addons would continue to function. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It´s not the PBO Names but the class and cfgpatches names that have to stay the same...

I don´t know if he changed anything there...

@black dog

bad news, uce has quit creating OFP addons, quite some time ago. but as soon as OFP:R was released i contacted him and we agreed that i should update them.

@canadian terror

i do hope that too :-)

well, nearly 200 downloads from ofp.zone.de in the first 24h may help them at their "break through".

@bronski

i tried to reduce the count of "third party" addons to increase compatibility, and make things easyer for multiplayer mission designers.

@theavonlady

sorry no, the class names have been changed. mainly for compatibility reasons to avoid conflicts with the original version.

but if there is demand i could create replacements for uce's original files that include uce's class names, but inherit sdoc_uce classes from my pbo files. the files will be quite small. it is a quite dirty trick, they may cause problems with uce's original files.

ps.: wow, are you the real one? 'twas quite hard to get to your homepage in those good plain old ofp days... i hate land mines! ;-)

@trekkie

i have changed the class names too, if you change the filename but don't change the class name you could get in hells kitchen... and your addon will never never never be accepted on editing center (if they'll accept new addons, in a far future :-)

ps.: thanks for hosting them on the zone

I'm glad you updated to Keg's pack as well as mailman's pack. I already had those in my addon's folder.

I had been wanting the Naval Infantry units as well as a few other of the special forces units.

Are you planning to update any other of UCE's units?

uce_indiaj will be next, you can check my homepage:

www28.brinkster.com/sdoc/ofp

(there is an transfer limit of 16MB, so it may be down)

for more information.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 06 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 06 2003,06:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...Ehm, he just equipped them with weapons from a other addon?

...That is sooo...awesome... icon10.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I also think he upadted them to use pistols.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Didnt Norsu already do that?

I believe Norsu did do this a while ago but SDOC's are much easier to find. I think it was Norsu's that i had tried to use a while ago. It was very confusing. I was downloading a bunch of files to get them to work error free.

SDOC's are much more streamlined. Plus, Keg's and mailmain's weapons packs are very nice and underused, in my opinion.

Too bad it uses Mailman´s weapons, i think those are rather low quality. Only standard bis weapons and Kegetys weapon pack would be better imho.

Cut the SDOC/USE ect from the display names please and put them in their own category ie Russian Federation, Desert Russian Federation ect so you can just have soldier, sniper ect as the display names. This is quite acceptable at OFPEC (I should know I'm the addon depot admin  tounge.gif ) all you need to do is make sure the class names, pbo, p3d and all that are tagged with a 3 letter tag. Also you can submit new addons to us, if it doesn't work get back to me  wink.gif

that is a good idea, the long display names are rather obsolete since they are in an own category. i'll do it for next version. i think i was just a little to deep in the addon, to recognize this.

my tag is <b>4</b> characters long. i won't change this as the compatibility to missions, made with the current addon, would suffer, if i do so. i hope we can get some kind of agreement about this point?

actually i havent seen a new addon in OFPEC since kegetys ags-17? was it the wrong section?

@goeth

you're right kegetys has made the best weapons pack ever.

but there is no BCC AC, SVU, AKM74, included. actually there are many weapons in mailmans pack wich would fit very well to spetsnaz, but the inv pics didn't work so i had to stop using them.

as it is likely that you have some rather good connections to kegetys you could perhaps ask him to make some addons of AC, BCC and so on :-)

Does this pack include russian soldiers with wool caps or just the helmet wearing ones?

I hate the helmet and don't think it's even used that much in real life.

mvd units wear wool caps. but as the models are standard bis the wool cap is made out of the spetsnaz bandana, by some nice textures.

If i sound like a bit of an eejit asking this then feel free to mock me smile.gif, is this available to Dl, its just i dont speak german and babelfish is really really bad at the best of times.