Sign in to follow this  
walker

Night mares

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris330 @ Mar. 06 2003,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The worst game ever to scare living crap out of you was

Thief: The Dark project when creeping around trying to avoid the giant spiders. Many a time I had to switch off my computer really fast because I was too panicked to find the escape button!! You be creeping around and run straight into one it was really terrifying. The second worst was Aliens versus predators when trying to find facehuggers. That was a genuinely distressing experience. I only got facehugged once when playing the marine. After that I made sure it never happened in the next 18 months of playing!! I would always grenade myself to death to avoid it if was in a tight spot.<span id='postcolor'>

Man you take that game way too serious biggrin.gif

So did I in AvP, whenever I heard a alien scream I kept turning my rifle to see where that came from and as soon as I saw one I'd run backwards and fired continously, it got me some sweaty hands from that game. biggrin.gif

Resident evil series were the game that creeped my out playing at 2wow.gif0 am only the tv screen lights the room, and i hear this freaky sounds of zombies approaching...

crazy.gif

Once i dreamed i was with my friends in ofp, we were the soldiers and AI was controlling us, really weird dream

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 06 2003,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Once i dreamed i was with my friends in ofp, we were the soldiers and AI was controlling us, really weird dream<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, somehow that reminds me of the Planet of the Apes

I had an OFP dream once... I'm sure I've had plenty, since after all we can only remember a tiny part of the total number of our dreams...

Anyway, I was in the forest outside some town, I'm not sure which, might have been Levie... I was in a squad of about ten soldiers. We were just hiding in the forest for a while, observing the enemies in the town. After a while we started moving silently towards the edge of the forest, keeping low. Two other squads were approaching the town too, but from other directions. I don't know why we were attacking this town, but there must have been something important in there that we wanted or wanted destroyed, and the Russians wanted to keep, because the town was just full of Russian soldiers, must have been thirty or more soldiers in addition to two T72s and one T80. The scene wasn't entirely from OFP, there was a lot more vegetation around the town. When we got very close to the edge of the forest, we halted for a moment and the squad leader issued some kind of commands, think he told us to spread out a little and try to get closer to the town, so that when the other squads were in position too, we could starting launching M203s at the town and then move in. We crawled and ran to the nearest cover, and eventually we were quite close to the town. As we were ready, we called for the other two squads to hear their status. The third squad were starting to move from the forest to covered positions nearer the town, but the second squad didn't reply at all. I became quite anxious after that, but things went really awry when squad three suddenly called in with a "Taking fire" message. Some Russian patrol had discovered them while they were moving, but they had managed to kill them, but now the whole town was alert, and then there came the sound of BMPs approaching from some other place. Both of our squads started retreating hastily, but my squad was spotted when we were getting close to the forest, and I saw one of my squadmates fall dead a little to my left, and I heard other squadmates crying out in pain as they were hit. It was chaos. In the confusion, out squad got split up, and I wound up on my own, running for my life, quite literally. I was lost... I didn't know where I was, where I was going, and I didn't dare to stop to check my compass and map. My fear grew even stronger as I reached a hill where the forest turned into a bunch of trees here and there. I ran frantically between them, until in the end I could no longer hear any pursuers. I kept running until I found a place to hide. I stayed hidden and sat there and thought. I didn't know why we were attacking the town. I didn't know why we were at war. I didn't know how to handle a situation like this. I was awake until far into the night before I finally decided to try to get some sleep. When I woke up, I just sat there for an hour or so before I made up my mind and started walking back in the direction where I thought the town was... as I was walking, I passed a few forests, and saw some other soldiers lying dead. It was a horrific sight. I stumbled upon a road and decided to just follow it. Eventually a Russian patrol spotted me and I surrendered. They picked me up, took my M16 and put me in the back seat of their jeep between two soldiers. After that I can't remember anything more...

-- zenzelezz

My mission ideas come to me in my dreams. Especially when im in the middle of an editing binge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">chris330 Posted on Mar. 06 2003,09wow.gif2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst game ever to scare living crap out of you was

Thief: The Dark project when creeping around trying to avoid the giant spiders. Many a time I had to switch off my computer really fast because I was too panicked to find the escape button!! You be creeping around and run straight into one it was really terrifying. The second worst was Aliens versus predators when trying to find facehuggers. That was a genuinely distressing experience. I only got facehugged once when playing the marine. After that I made sure it never happened in the next 18 months of playing!! I would always grenade myself to death to avoid it if was in a tight spot. <span id='postcolor'>

Theif, thats gotta be one of the greatest games ever made. It had its moments but it wasn't nearly as scary as some other games I've played. Well actually in Theif 2 the first time I ever came across one of those big mechanical gaurd things, I was running around a corner, up untill that point I didn't even know they existed In that game. I pretty much damn near shit myself.lol

I have a friend that used to switch off his pc while playing unreal, LOL, the guys 18 years old. But to be fair the game that scared the crap out of me was Clive Barker's: Undying, its just horrifying. I would move my head around, jump out of my chair, and my heart would literally start to follow an irregular beat for a few seconds during really bad moments. This was even scarrier than System Shock 2.

how can u get nightmares with a retry button, a night mare for me is HD failing, i lose all my linux distros

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 07 2003,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This was even scarrier than System Shock 2.<span id='postcolor'>

System Shock was quite scary. Personally I found it creepy or spooky rather than outrightly terrifying. The worst aspect of Aliens versus Predator was that the thing scould jump up at your face, and make some horrible sound as they went. Those mechanical thing s in Thief2 were a bit disturbing. Being nasty and also having a child like voice made them particularly creepy. As for all time terror factor I'd still go for the spiders in thief. Especially when they lept up at your face.

I think OT is more suitable for this now smile.gif