Sign in to follow this  
BipBip

Operation frenchpoint

Hi all !

OFrP (Operation FrenchPoint) released their first addons of their MOD.

The following items were uploaded :

French Patrol Officer + Soldier (FAMAS)

French Officer (FAMAS)

French Soldier (FAMAS)

French MG (Minimi)

French Eryx (Eryx : sort of CarlGustav)

French Medic (FAMAS)

All those models are new and worth the download

The FAMAS, Eryx and Minimi were also modeled and are completely new and very realistic.

+ a Bonus MP mission "Sarin War" around a anti-chemical mission based on the OIL WAR MP mission from BIS.

Plz go there to download : http://ofrp.free.fr/index.php

BTW, all those units are on the Resistance side, so it can ally with anybody

Concerning the French Army for OFP, here is some background info on what's going on now :

First, you probably all know that the French Army was for a long time very few presented in OFP sad.gif

The first addon was a RAN Legion addon in '85 "camo" (all khaki green)

Then some other arrived, including a very good addon from Ayorros (FF Infantry). Ayorros is now the modder who makes the Infantry addons for OFrP.

The OFrP MOD began long before the site was put online. Their aim was to make a substantial work before making people dream about it, to avoid the "Invasion'44 effect" (a lot of announcement without any DL)  :-\ .

During this time where OFrP was working covertly, two another French MODs emerged :

French Army MOD http://membres.lycos.fr/modofp/

with a lot of work on the Felin (France future's soldier)

http://membres.lycos.fr/modofp/images/felin/nouveau/Nfelin1.jpg

and also a VLRA (command car)

http://membres.lycos.fr/modofp/images/bizaroide/vlra/vlra2.jpg

among several other works in progress smile.gif

Foreign Legion for OFP (from Horrido) http://pigeonh.free.fr/OFP_Legion/OFP_Legion

I know you all are interrested very much in the French Foreign Legion, the work made there is also very high quality, look at this :

http://pigeonh.free.fr/OFP_Legion/images/Legion_FR-F1.gif

http://pigeonh.free.fr/OFP_Leg...._F1.gif

Now those three MODs are working together to gain time, while avoiding making the same units/vehicles twice. This should also allow us to have various french units, and some that could have not been considered as a priority by each MOD separately.  biggrin.gif

For the sites, OFrP is now nearly entirely available in English and the Legion Site is only in English. Unfortunately, the French Army MOD is still only in French, while I can tranlsate some news if you want to know them !  8)

Can you please keep image sizes below 100k please. If image is larger, please just post a link. Thanks

Allright. What do I want to say is to ask about something...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The OFrP MOD began long before the site was put online. Their aim was to make a substantial work before making people dream about it, to avoid the "Invasion'44 effect" (a lot of announcement without any DL)<span id='postcolor'>

Yuppie. But... OFrP announced itself something like a month ago. Since then it released only one addon (soldiers with rifles you are writing about.... which were announced on forum ages ago smile.gif. When you'll free the tank and choppers?.... Waiting is so painfull :]

And second thing...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, all those units are on the Resistance side, so it can ally with anybody<span id='postcolor'>

In missions I make for myself french soldiers (resistance) are against "West", helping the "East" iraq soldiers. Greetings :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Mar. 01 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hahahah thats funny france fighting for iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

Not FOR Iraq but AGAINST USA. With help of both Allah and God. Viva la France!

biggrin.gif

/aren't we going off-topic?/

Man, everytime this poor guy posts an update about his mod he has to face the wrath of political arguements.  I just ask forums users to keep in mind that none of the frenchpoint team are politicians and I have not once heard them making fun of us.  I for one do not agree with current french policy towards Iraq but im not gonna take it out on every frenchmen i see.  

I would like to thank BipBip and team for the excellent add-ons he is bringing to the community.  I am dieing to get paws on that LeClerc!  I have a few questions for BipBip:

1)  Is this the same pack I downloaded last week or have they been updated?

2)  I read somewhere that your mod has joined forces with the Mod doing the legion, is there plans to re-release both packs of soldiers with the Frenchpoint weapons?

3)  I have heard that you guys will be releasing some airpower next, get any new progress shots???

Keep up the great work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BipBip @ Mar. 01 2003,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now those three MODs are working together to gain time, while avoiding making the same units/vehicles twice. This should also allow us to have various french units, and some that could have not been considered as a priority by each MOD separately.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

clap clap!

that's exactly what i tried to tell to "everyone" in this board (look at "A Question To BAS" in Addons & Mods: Discussion)

thanks man, you all are an example...

we french we think the same way! wink.gif

I know that Jacque Chirac has a pretty thick skull, and it MIGHT stop a bullet, but not every French person, especially their "military" is unkillable with, say, a half dozen headshots with an M4?

Thank you for putting them on Resistance, now them and some germans can fight against some Rangers and Deltas. Nothing like shredding them with M134's... biggrin.gif

All this american anti-french cobblers is really irritating. If you want to hate the French do it for a legitimate reason like their annoyingly overtalented crop of footballers at Arsenal who won't stop winning or the way they actually eat food that is made of something other that mashed cow and fat or the way they charge stupidly small amounts for booze. Those are good reasons to hate the French. Just because they won't help the US commit mass murder to further the current administrations imperialist ambitions is not a good reason to hate the French.

To get back to the topic. The addons look mint. biggrin.gif My only concern is that given we are probably pretty close to the appearence of African militia addons who will, likely as not, appear on the resistence side, would it not be a better idea to stick with convention and stick the French on the West side?

Putting the french on the West side is blasphemy even for gameplay reasons.

I wont even mention Quebec here.  crazy.gif

EDIT: oops

Maybe French would be in the West....as in Western Hemisphere, Western Civilisation etc etc, not West as in USA? As opposed to France: The Eastern Civilisation in the Eastern Hemisphere?? wink.gif

Excellent addons!

ok ok i support the USA against saddam hussein but i hope there wont be civilians killed USA must change their war tactics like suppressing those stupid B52's

the french legion wears camo now,not plain green

Hi.

Well, I was out for some days, and I'm very sad to see all those anti-french replies as I come back...

You all know that France is and will always be a Friend of America, and that France is NOT friend with Hussein's regime...

France is only temporary not totally agree with the USA... is that a crime ? If you think so, please look around you... you will see that this is normal that all people are not agree on the same subject all the time...

Back to the serious things, for people who really post to say something biggrin.gif :

For the side topic, there was a real discussion on which side to adopt (between west and res, of course) and res was chosen for the reasons mentionned above : more scenarios possible, with all the forces. I agree the main and big drawback is that you can't fight resistance... I will mention that this subject is a big concern of you all wink.gif

For the next addons, it is very likely (diplomatic language wink.gif ) that the first vrsion of the Air pack will be released next. This will include both the Puma (transport) and the Gazelle (light combat chopper) with the pilots. No date will be announced until we can be sure to respect them with a fully complete addon.

For the organisation of the 3 MODs, the current way is to have a common private forum to share the work, common rules to make addons (number of polys, and a lot of technical tricks wink.gif ), and to coordinate the next addons to be sure there is no redondancy (twice the same). The current addons made by each MODs prior to their meetings are still online, and no MOD will 'eat' the others. Each will keep its name, organisation...

For the progress shots, you can see the screenshots on OFrP site for the Gazelle and the Puma. Now we are currently beta testing those addons and the corresponding missions, so no major visual changes should be made...

And thanks for the congrats messages, this helps to forget the Grunt's ones...

Stay tuned wink.gif

Very well done 3d models and textures OFrP team! Un travail bien effectué ,as you say. smile.gif

Will the soldiers have "automatic" support for custom playerfaces in the future or am I just missing something now?

Good to hear about the Puma. I love that chopper and I "need" it for the missions I'm doing. smile.gif Some vehicles from the "car" class would be good too. wink.gif

Oh forgot to ask, will "les paras" be modeled anytime "soon"? smile.gif

Yah your right I still think France is lookin out for it self cause of its oil deal but the French Mod makers don't deserve things like that cause they do it for free, and their still nice people.

These French mods are some of my favorite. They're good models, interesting mission capabilities, and the teams seem to be very well organized and cooperative - just what I like to see.

It's starting to get silly how all these posts start breaking out in fights smile.gif

Yes, I probably will always make fun of france's past, but not it's people or the present today wink.gif

I think this addon is great and you should continue on with it. The name is funny too though. Keep up the good work.

well... about your organization, i'm pleased to see that cause it shows the capabilities and the strength of such collaboration. some of us wanted more mods/modelers to join in this philosophy.

i'll stop here, there is already a dedicated thread in this forum.

continue that way, and one day it will all make sense, l'union fait la force

et c'est tellement plus intelligent et plus evident! enfin...

toutes mes felicitations,i'm very impressed with your work

keep up the good work and as the gentleman said before me l'union fait la force and it would be fun to see more mods work that way also as a former french soldier your work and dedication goes straight to the heart again keep up the good work wink.gif

smile.gif

me playing with the french troops with my 3 man squad....

1(Jamesia): 3, MOVE TO 15 97,

3: ROGER

3: READY

1(Jamesia): 2, TARGET FRENCH SOLDIER, 12 'O CLOCK!

2: ROGER

1(Jamesia): 2, ENGAGE

1(Jamesia): OH NO! 3 IS DOWN!

1(Jamesia): DAMN! 2 IS DOWN!

How bout we keep the politics out of the thread and restrict replies to comments about the addon, if you don't like French policy or this addon or whatever then simply move on to the next thread please smile.gif