Sign in to follow this  
BipBip

Operation frenchpoint

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 05 2003,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">smile.gif

me playing with the french troops with my 3 man squad....

1(Jamesia): 3, MOVE TO 15 97,

3: ROGER

3: READY

1(Jamesia): 2, TARGET FRENCH SOLDIER, 12 'O CLOCK!

2: ROGER

1(Jamesia): 2, ENGAGE

1(Jamesia): OH NO! 3 IS DOWN!

1(Jamesia): DAMN! 2 IS DOWN!<span id='postcolor'>

what was the point of that? crazy.gif

Hi !

To answer some questions :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very well done 3d models and textures OFrP team! Un travail bien effectué ,as you say.

Will the soldiers have "automatic" support for custom playerfaces in the future or am I just missing something now?

<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks wink.gif

And yes, the patrol soldiers and officers having all the same face is indeed a bug... The problem was located, and will be corrected in the next release.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh forgot to ask, will "les paras" be modeled anytime "soon"?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the paras are a subject that is worked on...

In fact they are released by Horrido. This is another French MOD that is cooperating with OFrP. Please go on the page one and look my second post, the link is there (the page is in english).

And, thanks for the congrats, I'm happy to see you like it wink.gif

while i may not agree with the French Goverments position, the MODs have nothing to do with them. The Models are great and I can't wait to see some more including the LECLERC Tank to help some M1A2s to kick the crap out of Sigmas Averserial Tank Systems.

HOOOAAH biggrin.gif

I would really like to see the soldiers with full packs and such. Make it so they look prepared for long times out in the field.

I liked how the ADF mod soldiers and KMARN soldiers have a few different variants such as that.

These are probably some of the best looking soldiers so far. I hope a lot more follows. (can't wait for the helo's)

Indeed, these French are amazing, but they currently lack transport (bummer), but the choppers will come soon right? By the way, have you guys fixed the missing texture thing under the torso?

@bosniarat

Hooah? check me sig tounge.gif

I hate that word. "Hooah". Mindless Army drone response. I was a human being! Not a drone!!! I WANTED TO SAY "YES" OR "SURE" BUT I HAD TO SAY "HOOAH".

From the Nightstalkers website:

Hooah (who-ah), adj. U.S. Army Slang. Referring to, or meaning anything and everything except "no." Generally used when at a loss for words. Also:

good copy, solid copy, roger, good or great; message received, understood.

glad to meet you, welcome.

I do not know, but will check on it, I haven't the vaguest idea.

I am not listening.

that is enough of your drivel--sit down.

stop sniveling.

you've got to be kidding.

yes.

thank you.

go to the next [briefing] slide.

you have taken the correct action.

I don't know what that means, but am too embarrassed to ask for clarification.

that is really neat, I want one too.

amen.

Ok THe Hoooaah biggrin.gif is Number Six on your list Mr Duck, these are squared way addpm, yet they have some bugs. But I know they will fix them and I await for the final result biggrin.gif

Thank you for the answers BipBip. smile.gif

I already have the FFL soldiers from Horrido but I was kind of hoping for a patrol soldier and officer with red beret/w airborne insignia as I like that 3d model and textures very much. wink.gif

Horrido is doing the FFL paras, the "other mod" could do the "normal" paras. Wouldn't be a conflict, right? biggrin.gif

Hi,

The torso texture will be fixed for the next release...

Concerning the Leclerc, and the OFrP addons in general, focus was made on the realism end the gameplay. I explain my mind : the vehicles and weapons are made using real World caracteristics and approved by French Army personnel working along with OFrP. They are Tank commanders or chopper pilots in the real world.

Then, their remarks are compared to gameplay issues to keep the addons compatible with the other realistic OFP addons, and to keep the game running even with a dozen Gazelle or Leclerc in the game... so the 3D models are optimized to keep a framerate friendly polycount while having a visually good looking addon.

As a last word, I'll say that the Leclerc addon is made by Drakkhen, a well known moder who also made a very famous model : the MH6 Littlebird released by BAS wink.gif

So, as it seems to be today's word, Hooha smile.gif

Just went to your site and downloaded the trailer, looking very good, and don't worry I won't charge you royalties for using one of my songs wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 07 2003,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just went to your site and downloaded the trailer, looking very good, and don't worry I won't charge you royalties for using one of my songs wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ooohhh you're the responsible of that sound which is destinated to social-lifeless teenagers ?? tounge.gif (one of my little niece is a fan of Placebo ... poor her ...)

hehehe

I still have no idea who or what a placebo is.

It sounds like, hmmm, i dont know.

it can be pronounced in a number of different ways:

'plac-e-bo' but that sounds like its tackybo

'place-bo' which is how i pronounce it

'play-sbo' which sounds coolest.

Im not spamming biggrin.gif

Ummm yes, the french troops look very detailed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 07 2003,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im not spamming  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes you are and if you continue I will be forced to PR you plus the 1 week that was suspended.

For the record........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

pla·ce·bo

(click to hear the word)

n. pl. pla·ce·bos or pla·ce·boes

A substance containing no medication and prescribed or given to reinforce a patient's expectation to get well.

An inactive substance or preparation used as a control in an experiment or test to determine the effectiveness of a medicinal drug.

Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another. <span id='postcolor'>

Source yourdictionary.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Mar. 08 2003,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it can be pronounced in a number of different ways:

'plac-e-bo' but that sounds like its tackybo

'place-bo' which is how i pronounce it

'play-sbo' which sounds coolest.<span id='postcolor'>

pla-ce-bo

pill

anty-depressive

afaik

{edit}

pfuj... blef... not that one... placebo is dummy medicament... comes from "Placebo effect" (selfcure from positive thinking), ussualy works like that: patient has cancer, you give him an aspirine, tell him that it is cure for cancer, he cures. Something around :]

{/edit}

But anyways that's all OT so we better let the French boys have their thread back or Ran will never send those cigars he promised biggrin.gif

placebo .... that's also a band for teenagers , i bet you're the singer of this band tounge.gif

THose silly French...committing suicide by tobacco

Anyway, how about some screens of the next release?

Is anyone in your French mod co-op making an AMX-13?

(yes it's a silly little tank, but I like it)

OT, <not french bashing> On "Hooah", that ain't ARMY slang, only the yoyo's with oversized rucks who think an M2HB is a large weapon use that "excuse for I can't speak English" tounge.gif

(We DATs just say Aaawwriiiight, Aaaawwriiiight?)

Hi !

For the AMX13, I haven't heard of it yet, and I guess it is not in service in the french army in its "MBT" type, but rather as ambulance, AA vehicle or tank repair vehicle...

But those vehicles are in the works, they play a key role in the French Army Order of Battle (you already saw the AMX-40 Leclerc above...

Here is the famous VAB, an armored and wheeled troop carrier massively deployed in Yugoslavia from 1992 to now :

vab3.jpg

And the VBL, a light armored vehicle, which can be ampibious (a swiming car wink.gif ) and which can be equiped with various weapon systems on the roof from a classic MG to Milan anti-tank missiles or a video mast for scouting.

vbl2.jpg

Tres cool!

What versions of each will we get? The VAB with the .50cal? With the 20mm? And what versions of the VBL?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 12 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tres cool!

What versions of each will we get? The VAB with the .50cal? With the 20mm? And what versions of the VBL?<span id='postcolor'>

Hi !

The first VAB version should be the cargo one (slick version), then a Medic version and hopefully a Mephisto (HOT anti-armor missile) version and a 12.7mm version

For the VBL, it is probable that a slick and a 12.7mm version will be released wink.gif

Great work guys, I'm loving this french stuff. Too bad I don;t have that much time to play with all the addons I'm doing for the ADF Mod. Speaking of which we should talk Bip Bip a number of your addons cross over with stuff we (the ADF Mod) and a few others are making - would be good to cooperate wink.gif