Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Dutch aifv ypr 765 pri-i

Daan is currently working on a model of the Dutch "Mariniers" AIFV YPR 765 PRI-I (M113-lookalike APC).

The current turret will be replaced by the M113 variant for the YPR PRI-I. Army versions of the YPR may have this or TOW turrets. But first things first... Marines!

YPR%20project.jpg

Oh, erm, almost forgot. It's a co-production with BAS. The model is a BAS creation.

<a href="http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyReco/europe/Hollande/vehicules_legers/AIFV/YPR765_PRI-I/YPR765_PRI-I_Hollande_diaporama.htm" target="_blank">[ Click here to see the real deal ]

</a>

if anyone is making a south korea army they use the same apc! nice work

Skins looks better and better from what i see at every update i get

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Feb. 25 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Schoon , maar de camo is iets te donker  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Translation: "Neat, but the camo is a bit too dark"

Well, check the real thing:

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec....ama.htm

hehe , why u translating me ?? smile.gif

Those on the pictures are darker then i saw ,

they were more like this :

GREY-POLO.jpg

(Don't watch the polo , its just for the Color)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Feb. 25 2003,23:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe , why u translating me ?? smile.gif

Those on the pictures are darker then i saw ,

they were more like this :

GREY-POLO.jpg

(Don't watch the polo , its just for the Color)<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you saw something with UN markings?

Dark green is the default color for temperate climate.

I was translating your text, because it is unpleasant for people to read our gibberish. It's a bit like talking behind someone's back.

ypr765-pri-i_dck005.jpg

I've allready mentioned this to Matthijs, but I'll post it here aswell;

Has nobody mentioned that the turret is on the wrong side of the vehicle?confused.gif If you look from front to back the turret should be on the left side. The same for the hatches and engine grills (I mean they're on the wrong side, not that everything should be on the left side).

Besides that, the model looks great

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 02 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol  biggrin.gif  wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Zeg nu effe eerlijk jongens,dit word toch allemaal gemaakt voor Operation Dutchpoint?

Mooie Addon matthijs! wink.gif

OF FORUM > MAIN (ENGLISH) > ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION > Dutch aifv ypr 765 pri-i

It does say english, no?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ Mar. 02 2003,21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 02 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol  biggrin.gif  wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Zeg nu effe eerlijk jongens,dit word toch allemaal gemaakt voor Operation Dutchpoint?

Mooie Addon matthijs!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"Honestly people, this is all made or Operation Dutchpoint? Nice addon Matthijs"

AGAIN PEOPLE: PLEASE POST IN ENGLISH

It's quite rude to post in a different language, and it's not appreciated. Not by others nor by me.

I like how it looks now, fits in with the black CH47 and little birds. biggrin.gif gj so far...

Hehehe leuk toch om al die lui die geen nederlands spreken een beetje te pesten (niet vertalen a.u.b).

sorry you english speaking people, but the above is not meant for you:) (it's not about the addon so don't bother)

to Matthijs:

Do you have some updated pictures for us?? I would like to see how things are going. And please don't do the same as BAS (not posting screenshots and letting people wait months before they post an update). Have you changed the model allready (turret on the wrong side ect.; as I posted earlier).

Will you use the BIS m113 turret on your model or will you make a more detailed version (PLEASE!!!wink.gif See if you can contact Project Lavos (Maac & Marfy); they have a very nice looking 'Ma Deuce' M2 on their M8 armoured car. Could be usefull for your model. One more thing; Can you make animations for the hatch over the cargo area, so it can be opened and you will be able to look outside when you'e inside the vehicle. Would look great. I think this is possible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 03 2003,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hehehe leuk toch om al die lui die geen nederlands spreken een beetje te pesten (niet vertalen a.u.b).

sorry you english speaking people, but the above is not meant for you:) (it's not about the addon so don't bother)

to Matthijs:

Do you have some updated pictures for us?? I would like to see how things are going. And please don't do the same as BAS (not posting screenshots and letting people wait months before they post an update). Have you changed the model allready (turret on the wrong side ect.; as I posted earlier).

Will you use the BIS m113 turret on your model or will you make a more detailed version (PLEASE!!!wink.gif See if you can contact Project Lavos (Maac & Marfy); they have a very nice looking 'Ma Deuce' M2 on their M8 armoured car. Could be usefull for your model. One more thing; Can you make animations for the hatch over the cargo area, so it can be opened and you will be able to look outside when you'e inside the vehicle. Would look great. I think this is possible.<span id='postcolor'>

The model i made was in the first place a YRP765 PRI, then Daan edited my model i believe by adding a other turret.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 03 2003,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hehehe leuk toch om al die lui die geen nederlands spreken een beetje te pesten (niet vertalen a.u.b).

to Matthijs:

Will you use the BIS m113 turret on your model or will you make a more detailed version (PLEASE!!!wink.gif See if you can contact Project Lavos (Maac & Marfy); they have a very nice looking 'Ma Deuce' M2 on their M8 armoured car. Could be usefull for your model. One more thing; Can you make animations for the hatch over the cargo area, so it can be opened and you will be able to look outside when you'e inside the vehicle. Would look great. I think this is possible.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I don't think it's funny to use any other language than English on these forums.

Keeping work secret is not a bad thing, in my opinion. As the work on this addon is already known to the public, you might find a few update shots on mods.kmarns.net. I'm also working on a "secret" project, together with Col. Klink and CoC. I think we don't even know half of what BAS is working on, which is good, because nobody will annoy the makers if nobody knows about the work.

Remember that I haven't done anything on this addon, other than support Daan, who is making the skin. As said, the model is Vixers work.

Mirroring of the model will only be done just after importing it to O2. It's only a minor detail as far as workload is concerned. We'll see about the turret. I think the M113 variant works fine, but maybe Daan, BAS and Marfy can agree on the newer gun being mounted on the AIFV. Thanks for pointing it out!

I would not want to add a functional cargo-hatch. Although it looks very cool, it will also make the model very heavy on the polygon count. Besides that, it will delay the release of this great addon by weeks.

marnsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Mar. 03 2003,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we don't even know half of what BAS is working on, which is good, because nobody will annoy the makers if nobody knows about the work.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats right, if people dont know what we are making yet we dont have so much pressure, like people go ask when its done when we will release it but when they dont know about it we can just work on it every day a bit smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Mar. 03 2003,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, I don't think it's funny to use any other language than English on these forums.

Keeping work secret is not a bad thing, in my opinion. As the work on this addon is already known to the public, you might find a few update shots on mods.kmarns.net. I'm also working on a "secret" project, together with Col. Klink and CoC. I think we don't even know half of what BAS is working on, which is good, because nobody will annoy the makers if nobody knows about the work.

Remember that I haven't done anything on this addon, other than support Daan, who is making the skin. As said, the model is Vixers work.

Mirroring of the model will only be done just after importing it to O2. It's only a minor detail as far as workload is concerned. We'll see about the turret. I think the M113 variant works fine, but maybe Daan, BAS and Marfy can agree on the newer gun being mounted on the AIFV. Thanks for pointing it out!

I would not want to add a functional cargo-hatch. Although it looks very cool, it will also make the model very heavy on the polygon count. Besides that, it will delay the release of this great addon by weeks.

marnsmile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

He matthijs; I wasn't serious about it. That's why I posted all the other things in english.

On the turret; The original BIS turret is closed on the back. The real ACAV turret has no back; The commanders hatch in the upright position provides the armor at the back. (On the Marechaussee YPR's this can seen very good. Marechaussee is the dutch MP). That's what I meant with more detail. The rest of the turret is fine (except for the m2, but I've allready said that)

On the cargo hatch:

this was only a reguest. I understand your reasons for not doing it. When your making a vietnam are M113 ACAV this would almost be necessary, but on your model it would just something extra. Big thanks to vixer for the model.

Keeping work secret is indeed not bad. A secret project, huh.

GREAT!! Col. Klink is a good guy. But who is (or are) CoC. Is it the Chain of Command group??? I'm looking forward to the day you announce what it will be. In the mean time we'll just write a hell of a lot op posts on what it might be (just kidding)

keep up the great work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 04 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) The original BIS turret is closed on the back. The real ACAV turret has no back; The commanders hatch in the upright position provides the armor at the back. (On the Marechaussee YPR's this can seen very good. Marechaussee is the dutch MP). That's what I meant with more detail. The rest of the turret is fine (except for the m2, but I've allready said that)<span id='postcolor'>

Hm.... that does need improvement.... I noticed the open backside on a pic of a PRI/I. Maybe the hatch could be animated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the cargo hatch:

this was only a reguest. I understand your reasons for not doing it. When your making a vietnam are M113 ACAV this would almost be necessary, but on your model it would just something extra. Big thanks to vixer for the model.

<span id='postcolor'>

NP. It's not a stupid idea, I also thought about an animated backramp. Would be rather cool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Keeping work secret is indeed not bad. A secret project, huh.

GREAT!! Col. Klink is a good guy. But who is (or are) CoC. Is it the Chain of Command group??? I'm looking forward to the day you announce what it will be. In the mean time we'll just write a hell of a lot op posts on what it might be (just kidding)

keep up the great work<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Chain of Command.

Thanks for the feedback!

Animating the gunners hatch?? I don't know how you feel about it, but I don't think there are a lot of gunners that 'turn in' during the fighting. Or did you mean something else?

an animated backramp. Oh yes smile.gifsmile.gif . That is a good idea ( I'm not asking you to make this, I just like to discuss the possibilities). Would it be possible to edit a model so that you cannot get out of a vehicle when the hatch is still closed. In other words; would it be possible to link this to the waypoint 'unload cargo', so when you reach this waypoint the vehicle stops, lowers the hatch and then soldiers start jumping out?? that would cool, indeed.

And will you also change the interiour of the vehicle?? The original interiour by BIS is white. The US army changed to some sort of green colour (can't really explain how it looks in english; you really just have to see it) some time ago. On the site with the pics of the 'real deal' (check first post of topic), click on the HMMWV with Bushmaster (on the left) and look for pics of the "YPR 765 PRI-I Gendarmerie". On the pics showing the inside of the vehicle, you can see the colour isn't white. As I said; some sort of green colour. I'll see if I can find pics that show this colour a little better.

I almost forgot; you have to change it anyway, because your vehicle has three crewmembers instead of two (in the game it would be the same as the BMP 1 or 2)

this is what I meant:

the configuration of the crewmebers (forward hatch is the driver, behind that the commander and the gunner in the turret) is the same as the bmp. NOT the interiour.

Hold your horses! biggrin.gif

I'll promise to do my best to make it as real as possible, as will Daan and Vixer. Daan had already checked all the images, and picked out every detail. Let's first wait until the basic model and skin are finished. It's no good to overload Daan with all kinds of information he has probably already found by himself.

The interior is a very light, nearly white, emerald or sea-green.

"The interior is a very light, nearly white, emerald or sea-green."

That's how the colour looks!! (thanks Matthijs).

I don't want to overload you with information, but since I fought you have allready started the texturing (the exteriour at least) the information I've posted could be useful. And I don't know what Daan found by himself.

But; I won't post a lot of suggestions anymore. Almost everything about the basic model has allready been discussed. Now we just have to wait for updated pictures, before we can give you any feedback.