Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Dutch aifv ypr 765 pri-i

44painf_03.jpg

look on the inside of a yrp

FYI, BIS is using the FMC M113A3 turret on a M113A2 body, which caused me some moments of "WTF?" when I first saw it.

It does have a fully enclosed fighting space, unlike the homebuilt ACAV turrets from 'Nam.

Hey, doesn't some little country whose name I forget use YPR's with a Rarden 30mm turret as AFV's?

gotta look that one up.

The Dutch YRP765 PRI has a Oerlikon 25mm turret

0-ypr_4.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 10 2003,04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FYI, BIS is using the FMC M113A3 turret on a M113A2 body, which caused me some moments of "WTF?" when I first saw it.

It does have a fully enclosed fighting space, unlike the homebuilt ACAV turrets from 'Nam.

Hey, doesn't some little country whose name I forget use YPR's with a Rarden 30mm turret as AFV's?

gotta look that one up.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, actually the dutch army uses shields like the NAM versions.

see the picture of the UN-version in one of Matthijs' posts on the first page.

the country is THE NETHERLANDS!!!!!! Yes, it's a small nation, but a proud one.

Actually I wasn't meaning the Dutch,

I was thinking of Dubai, they use a few YPR's with a FMC built turret incorporating a 30mm Rarden gun <at least they were a few years ago>

While we're on the subject of well, "micro-tanks" anybody from Latin America have a pic or two of the thing they call a TAM? smile.gif

bl%20TAM.jpg

TAM=Tanque Argentino Mediano

I guess this means med-size argentine (sp?) tank

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 03 2003,13wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...)

The model i made was in the first place a YRP765 PRI, then Daan edited my model i believe by adding a other turret.<span id='postcolor'>

Vix, it's YPR

The original designation for the wheeled DAF armored vehicle was the "YP", the "R" being added to indicate "Rups" (the Dutch word for "caterpillar track")

Make sure to nurture our own little Dutch acronym from now on, ok?

smile.gif

DAF YP408 - Forgotten Hero

He DAAN;

looks good, but you've posted a picture so I can (again) post some suggestions

(daan; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif  )

Here we go;(1)

On the pictures I noticed the turret ring being slightly raised; It's not on the same level as the rest of the top of the vehicle. Can you do this on your model, or will it make the model a to high poly count? (or is it simpely to difficult)

(2) Is this the original turret?? if not;

It looks strange; The angel between the lower part of the turret and the top op the vehicle is to sharp. It should be a bigger angle. Also the lower part ends on 1/3 of the height of the turret (real-life). In the screenshot this is more like 1/5. The angle between the upper part of the turret and the top-vehicle is correct. The diameter of the turret on the screenshot seems correct. The only thing that needs to be changed is the lower part.

The wings of the gunshield should be longer. Now, I can't see this clearly(on the screenshot), but the front of the shield should be flat. The angle between the front of the gunshield and the top of the vehicle is almost the same as the angle between the upper-turret and top-vehicle.

sorry guy's I can better explain this in dutch. My english is not that good. Below I'll explain it in dutch(it's the same as the above point 2), this is just so Daan understands what I mean. (the english version may not be so easy to understand correctly). Don't worry; It say's nothing more than the english version.

In het nederlands;

de hoek tussen het onderste deel (deel dat onder een hoek naar "buiten" gaat) van de turret en het "dek" is te scherp. De hoek moet een stuk groter worden. Het onderste deel eindigt op ongeveer 1/3 van de hoogte van de turret. In de screenshot klopt dit ook niet. Het bevenste deel start op 1/3 en gaat dan onder een hoek naar binnen (deze hoek is op de screenshot correct). De diameter van de turret op de screenshot lijkt mij correct. Als je nu het onderste deel wijzigt, komt de vorm meer overeen met de werkelijke turret.  De vleugels van het gunshield zijn, in het echt, langer en de voorkant is plat (ik kan dit niet goed zien, maar op de screen shot lijkt ie niet plat). De hoek die het schild met het "dek" maakt is ongeveer gelijk aan de hoek tussen het dek en het bovenste deel vd turret.

back to english;

Don't get me wrong, I only try to give some "constuctive critcizm" (don't now whether this is the right word). The model look great, and I'm really looking forward for it to be released.

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Mar. 11 2003,23wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 03 2003,13wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...)

The model i made was in the first place a YRP765 PRI, then Daan edited my model i believe by adding a other turret.<span id='postcolor'>

Vix, it's YPR

The original designation for the wheeled DAF armored vehicle was the "YP", the "R" being added to indicate "Rups" (the Dutch word for "caterpillar track")

Make sure to nurture our own little Dutch acronym from now on, ok?

smile.gif

DAF YP408 - Forgotten Hero<span id='postcolor'>

damn lol i didnt notice that  crazy.gif

also a good page for the "YPR" tounge.gifhttp://members.lycos.nl/erwincoops/YPR_765/page_01.htm

don't worry I can take constuctive critcism hehe, I've been a modder for SWAT3 the most realistic tactical sim ever (since it was modded) and I'm used to high standards.

the first observation:

I did not raise the "turret ring" after I got the model from you.

but it should be easy to ajust.

to answer the second question, yes it's the original M113 turret and we know it's placed wrong. I showed you this pic before about 3 weeks ago, so it's already quite old.

he daan, I think you're mistaking me with somebody else.

I was not the one he gave you the model, I'm just a great fan of work related to the RNLMC. (probably because I will join the marines after I've finished college biggrin.gif )

And I didn't mean that the turret is placed wrong; I meant the turret itself having the wrong shape. (BIS made it wrong). Will you make your own turret??? And as I allready posted earlier;

""On the turret; The original BIS turret is closed on the back. The real ACAV turret has no back; The commanders hatch in the upright position provides the armor at the back. (On the Marechaussee YPR's this can seen very good. Marechaussee is the dutch MP). ""

the turret has the same opening in the front as in the back. In the front it's covered by the shield. I really hope you will make your own turret. It will give the vehicle a much better look.

EDIT:

look at these pictures;

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec...._06.jpg

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec...._01.jpg

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec...._16.jpg

you can see that the area directly around the turret is raised compared to the top of the vehicle in the front. It also seems that the top of the back of the vehicle (over the cargo area) is on the same level as the turret. The area where is changes height should be behind the commanders hatch (couldn't find a picture which shows this well. On the third picture this can just be seen) Only the area where the hatches for the driver and commander are located, are on the original M113 top-level. The commanders hatch is raised using a ring. I hope you can do something with this.

I took a good look at the screenshot's and I can see the top over the cargo area is indeed raised. This doesn't need changing. The area around the turret should be raised to the same level. leaving only the area where the hatches are locates (and the area in front of the turret with the engine grills) on the original level. I don't think this will be a major problem for an experienced modder like you

you're right, I addressed the post to vixer instead of you.

I was not planning on changing anything of the model... my "task" was just to skin it. I'm still in a lot of mod teams and I'm really busy with my study, so I don't know for sure if I can spend time on the model itself. we'll see... and I'll talk about it with vixer and Matthijs.

I hope you can find some time or that somebody else can do this for you. I would just like to see an accurate model and turret. I now Matthijs is working on some 'secret' project, but he might just have some time??

Don't worry about some delay on the release-date; I'd rather have an accurate and cool-looking model than one with the BIS-turret. Even if that means I'll have to wait longer.

Keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 12 2003,12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I took a good look at the screenshot's and I can see the top over the cargo area is indeed raised. This doesn't need changing. The area around the turret should be raised to the same level. leaving only the area where the hatches are locates (and the area in front of the turret with the engine grills) on the original level. I don't think this will be a major problem for an experienced modder like you<span id='postcolor'>

that is kinda nor right... check out this small blueprint it shows the cargo area higher and the front area lower

aifv-draw.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 16 2003,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bad link , the image won't work  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

right click on image and press show image

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 16 2003,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 16 2003,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bad link , the image won't work  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

right click on image and press show image<span id='postcolor'>

nope , won't work . mad.gif

Daan read the forum rules pertaining to image sizes please smile.gif

kmar_tank.jpg this will do it instead of the drawning

aah some dutch stuff we need it Vixer smile.gif

Vixer are u planning to make some belgian or dutch troops I mean alone not with BAS ??

He Vixer,

Perhaps you got me wrong; I meant that the direct area around the turret should be raised. The rest remains on the original level. And the area around the turret IS raised on the YPR.

EDIT; On your picture you can also see the turret ring raised. This is what I mean; The turret RING is not placed on the same level as the front area. The hull around the turret goes up to the same level as the top over the cargo area. On top of that the ring for the turret is placed. This has been done so that the gunner can watch to the back through his vision ports in the ring. (on the KIFV the gunner can't do that. He looks at the metal of the raised cargo area smile.gif )

Found some interesting pictures regarding the (dutch) YPR-765 and the (Korean) KIFV.

http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/nl_ypr765-a.htm

On the bottum of the page you can see a side view of the KIVF. See the links in one of my previous posts for pictures of the YPR(which shows the raised area around the turret).

You can see that the Korean KIFV is almost the same as the dutch YPR. ALMOST, since the dutch YPR has the area around the turret raised (trust me on this one), while on the KIFV the entire front area is on the same level.

Vixer, I know you're from the Netherlands, but any chance you modeled the vehicle like the KIFV?confused.gif If so, than that explains the flat front area.

I haven't seen that blueprint jet. Could you post a link or mail me??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 16 2003,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aah some dutch stuff we need it Vixer smile.gif

Vixer are u planning to make some belgian or dutch troops I mean alone not with BAS ??<span id='postcolor'>

"maybe" i release something in the future but i dont know for sure yet