Sign in to follow this  
Jahve

Car-15s

Hi all.

I've been working really hard with these CAR-15 variants for the ToW Deltas.. Why not use the allready released CAR-15s you say? Because, frankly, they werent what we were lookin for. But mainly its because ToW's policy is to only use own addons or something like that. They will be released with the deltas.

CAR15_01_Official.jpg

The versions are:

CAR-15: Regular version. With Aimpoint.

CAR-15 SD: Regular version, only suppressed.

CAR-15 Amplified: This is a sniper/support variant. It has a big amplifier, wich makes the bullet go into a roll, or spin, to increase firepower and range.

Special thanks to: FlipeR, Jackal326, AKW and DeadMeat.

Those arent CAR-15's, a CAR-15 looks like a mini-M16A1, they havent been used since 1967 when the XM-177 series replaced them, a photo of a CAR-15, although an airsoft replica it gives you an idea what it looks like:

Car-15-4.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Feb. 20 2003,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not use the allready released CAR-15s you say? Because, frankly, they werent what we were lookin for.<span id='postcolor'>

Why?

What's wrong with the new BAS weapons? Sound like a familar subject? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> But mainly its because ToW's policy is to only use own addons or something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if that's the main reason, then why is such a policy in place in the first place? confused.gif

TOW might benefit tremendously in saving time and other resources if they reconsidered. It wouldn't hurt the player community either. smile.gif

Well it looks like they are already done, and ToW isn't making dozen different versions of that weapon either (only three)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">TOW might benefit tremendously in saving time and other resources if they reconsidered. It wouldn't hurt the player community either<span id='postcolor'>

I say let them do what they want. If you ask me, mod makers using their own stuff for their addons is better than using someone elses.

Paldin, thats all well and good except for the fact that some people have multiple pbos of the same weapons just to get a version with one particular configuration, and all those pbos cause the game to crash. Also, the mod teams waste a lot of time making a new model when they could simply use someone else's perfectly good model and retexture/reconfigure it to their liking. Think of the time this would save them. It would allow the mods to focus on making addons that haven't been done yet, and let them leave the addons that have been done to death alone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 21 2003,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool - M16/M4 variant pack # 834  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL that makes mine #833. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Paldin, thats all well and good except for the fact that some people have multiple pbos of the same weapons just to get a version with one particular configuration, and all those pbos cause the game to crash.  Also, the mod teams waste a lot of time making a new model when they could simply use someone else's perfectly good model and retexture/reconfigure it to their liking.  Think of the time this would save them.  It would allow the mods to focus on making addons that haven't been done yet, and let them leave the addons that have been done to death alone.

<span id='postcolor'>

Good point.  If there is anything that really annoys me about OFP, its all the .pbo's I have to deal with.  I admit having two of the same addon in my addon folder really irritates me. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Feb. 21 2003,04:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Paldin, thats all well and good except for the fact that some people have multiple pbos of the same weapons just to get a version with one particular configuration, and all those pbos cause the game to crash.  Also, the mod teams waste a lot of time making a new model when they could simply use someone else's perfectly good model and retexture/reconfigure it to their liking.  Think of the time this would save them.  It would allow the mods to focus on making addons that haven't been done yet, and let them leave the addons that have been done to death alone.

<span id='postcolor'>

Good point.  If there is anything that really annoys me about OFP, its all the .pbo's I have to deal with.  I admit having two of the same addon in my addon folder really irritates me. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's what my post above and this thread is all about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 20 2003,11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those arent CAR-15's, a CAR-15 looks like a mini-M16A1, they havent been used since 1967 when the XM-177 series replaced them, a photo of a CAR-15, although an airsoft replica it gives you an idea what it looks like:

Car-15-4.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

There are more types of Car-15's Evis. wink.gif

car15-sf-notext.gif

Yes, thats also a car-15.

The Vietnam version ( the one you showed ) has a 10 inch barrel... since that one had a few problems, Colt introduced in the 1970's a new car-15.. ( model 653 ) with a 14.5 inch barrel and several other changes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 20 2003,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sound like a familar subject? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> But mainly its because ToW's policy is to only use own addons or something like that.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

seems like there is still a long walk before we get organized  confused.gif

one day it will all make sense...

The model 653 is not a CAR-15, it is a model 653, thats its name, just the same as the xm-177, xm-177e1, and xm-177e2 are not CAR-15's, you are probably getting your information from the isayeret.com website, which is calling nearly all M16 carbines CAR-15's, which is very stupid, as thats like labelling an M16A4 screenshot with "AR-15" a name first given to a weapon developed 50 or so years ago, also im not too sure why you are making the model 653 in the first place, as if you are going for modern times it would be a M4A1, or going for the obvious Black Hawk Down they would probably be using Colt Commandos.

Also the picture i posted is of a replica of the actual CAR-15, it was named that, not some other name and then wrongly called the CAR-15

Well I took the picture from that Israelian site... don't know what they say about m16's... but take a look at this weapon:

Its from the upcoming game from Novalogic, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down:

weapon_car15.jpg

Its the model 653... a.k.a. Car15. smile.gif Or are you saying Novalogic is wrong here too. tounge.gif Hehe, just kidding.. but take a look at the Black Hawk Down movie... the delta's are using the 653 there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tracer18 @ Feb. 21 2003,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I took the picture from that Israelian site... don't know what they say about m16's... but take a look at this weapon:

Its from the upcoming game from Novalogic, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down:

weapon_car15.jpg

Its the model 653... a.k.a. Car15.  smile.gif Or are you saying Novalogic is wrong here too.  tounge.gif Hehe, just kidding.. but take a look at the Black Hawk Down movie... the delta's are using the 653 there.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm pretty sure they were using Colt Commando's in Somalia which is a M16A2 carbine not based on the M16A1 of previous carbines (like the model 653), and yes, novalogic is wrong, but what i think they are trying to do is tap into the market with words and names everyone knows, in this, a realistic game where even what most people would wrongly call a 'CAR-15' is called an 'XM-177E2' i dont think its needed

Edit: the only places on google i can find 'CAR-15' in association with Black Hawk Down is on sites relating to the game, not the actual combat

Dont think so, but ok... its not important.

We know it are car-15's and TOW will continue to make them. smile.gif

We found the info on several sites including the US coastguard site, Black Hawk Down site and Novalogic site. That's enough information to believe they are true.

well, but as I read at http://www.angelfire.com/wa/cagiva2/delta.html:

"Delta troopers are also equipped with the most advanced weaponry and equipment available in the U.S. special operations arsenal. A significant portion of their gear is highly customized and cannot be found anywhere but in Delta’s lockers."

I understood this like that the deltas might have their own versions of the CAR15 such as many other weapons too...

That it might not be any 665 or 683 or whatever wink.gif but rather a "CAR15 DeltaSpecial" or so...

and anyway - changing the weapons name aint really a problem...

erm, then why are you even making model 653's? firstly from the 80's onwards it would be colt commandos, but past 1994 it would be M4's, also i dont think tigerstripe was in use much longer after the vietnam war...

At the request of Jahve I am closing his topic smile.gif