Sign in to follow this  
rygugu

North korean soldier addon

Hi ALL biggrin.gif

The soldier add-on of the North Korea army was created.

6 kinds of North Koreans' skins are enclosed.

It releases, although it is still in the middle of completion.

Some units are due to be added from now on.

WS000098.JPG

Download

Really nice faces - I think these are those North Koreans use to scare South Koreans over the border zone wink.gif Nice skins, too.

Excuse my lack of historical knowledge on Korean uniforms - is it Korean War addon or some contemporary stuff?

These are the only images I could find of North Korean soldiers, so I don't think anyone's gonna get too upset if the uniforms aren't exact. The ones in this addon are just retextured Russian uniforms anywans BUT I think they still look fantastic and the faces are wonderful. Since the North Korean gear is very similar to Russian and Chinese equipment I think this addon is great and one that I hope will continue to be improved.

Great work!!

_38366827_marching_ap150.jpg

_412950_nkoreasold150.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Now if we only had an island........................

And before you say Ia Trang, North Korea is not jungle terrain to the best of my knowledge.

Great!! smile.gif

Now we can "play" the SAR packets when one of my friends or me go down over North Korea in Falcon 4... biggrin.gif

well just think about Red Army in the 50ies and give them korean faces there you have the NK army. biggrin.gif

nice work. maybe you could give them those "ushanka" hats from avon's photos next time. wink.gif

Great Pics AL! From those photos it looks like the addon is actually fairly close. It's too bad however that it's so difficult to find pics of their helmets, body armor (if they use any), back packs, and load bearing harnesses. I used to have some old military journals I got from the U.S. embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia that had some good pics. I'll have to look to see if I still have any of those. If I find them I scan the pics and post them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Feb. 19 2003,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://membres.lycos.fr/ofpd/

Here's another site that's making North Koreans. They are just re-texes as well, but if you want to have more stuff....<span id='postcolor'>

Ooooh! Messy! Messy!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Original BIS Koguljev and a Ofd-d modified* Kegetys's WinterKoguljev download (6.57Mb)

*I just removed winterunit to have the map only and avoiding conflict with Resistance<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe you could give them those "ushanka" hats from avon's photos next time.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, "ushanka" the true symbol of comunism and its brave soldiers. I guess you wouldn't fint any former Warsaw Pact army that hadn't use them as a regular winter head cover.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (9mm @ Feb. 19 2003,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heh, "ushanka" the true symbol of comunism and its brave soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that the cuban soldiers wear ushankas tounge.gif

Guest ####

If you need weapon veriety as well I would suggest using SEB nam weapons as well so you get the rpg 2 and 7 as well as some sks rifles. great work so far keep it up.

yeah! "ushanka" hats or "chapka" hat for the Korean/Soviet soldiers is a must for any next WW2 or modern addons... Hope to see them finally over the heads and with the Red Star in the front !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you wouldn't fint any former Warsaw Pact army that hadn't use them as a regular winter head cover.<span id='postcolor'>

whoops didnt read entire post... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Feb. 19 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (9mm @ Feb. 19 2003,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heh, "ushanka" the true symbol of comunism and its brave soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that the cuban soldiers wear ushankas tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My father did smile.gif. Then again he spent a lot of his military career in the USSR and he only wore it back home when it was uncommonly cold.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Feb. 19 2003,21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (9mm @ Feb. 19 2003,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heh, "ushanka" the true symbol of comunism and its brave soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that the cuban soldiers wear ushankas tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or Vietnamese soldiers.... <span id='postcolor'>

I don't think Cuba and Vietnam were Warzaw pact countries any more than Japan is a NATO coutry tounge.gif

Here's an idea..........................

Why doesn't everybody in their country* write to their local North Korean Embassy and ask for standard photos of North Korean's military in uniform?

Be honest in the letter and explain that you don't want anything hush-hush. Just plain old unclassified photos of various NK units in uniform.

If even one or two embassies answer positively, we might just have ourselves a new or improved mod coming around in the future.

* Void where prohibited by law.

Of course, if your'e an American, you might be declared an "enemy combatant" by John Ashcroft and have your house ransacked while you disappear into the "night and fog" as you get whisked off to Guantanamo Bay never to be seen or heard from again! wow.gif LOL!!!

THANK YOU!!! Just what I needed for this North Korea war my squad is playin!