Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Martins battlebot

No, no and no biggrin.gif Those are Space Marines, which are somewhat human sized. I think that Martin has been using an Epic (or Epic 40k) Space Marine Titan as his source of inspiration.

Look, I used to be a GW nerd tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 15 2003,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, no and no biggrin.gif Those are Space Marines, which are somewhat human sized. I think that Martin has been using an Epic (or Epic 40k) Space Marine Titan as his source of inspiration.

Look, I used to be a GW nerd tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, so did I tounge.gif

Look at the model dude, it resemble's a space marine (don't think about the size).

btw, you sure you still aren't one? biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 15 2003,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 15 2003,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, no and no biggrin.gif Those are Space Marines, which are somewhat human sized. I think that Martin has been using an Epic (or Epic 40k) Space Marine Titan as his source of inspiration.

Look, I used to be a GW nerd tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, so did I  tounge.gif

Look at the model dude, it resemble's a space marine (don't think about the size).

btw, you sure you still aren't one?  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, yeah, but why would he do an oversized space marine instead of a titan? biggrin.gif I guess the only one really knows whether it is a titan or not is Martin.

I haven't played GW games for like ... 5 years? biggrin.gif

Nah, definitely not a Titan. They usually had solid carapace over the top of the shoulders and the shins, and a heapload of thick pipes and gubbins in the torso. Definitely based on a Space Marine, just scaled up a bazillion percent.. smile.gif

I know, I need to get out more. tounge.gif

Edit: Spelling

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Feb. 15 2003,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Patlabor-2 is one of the best Anime movies ever. EVER!<span id='postcolor'>

Have you tried 3? smile.gif

Patlabor WXIII

Website

The patlabor bots are my favorite mecha. Noone has made a better mecha pack than the heavy gear two pack. They stand upright and roll, but if martin doesn't do walk animations then its gonna roll too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rattler @ Feb. 15 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya make the first one, you can never go wrong with 8 gatlings<span id='postcolor'>

Its also got 2 shoulder mounted missile pods(Quite a few missiles for each) on each shoulder making it 4 missile pods, 2 2x miniguns(20-30mm?), and two 60mm head mounted vulcans.

You can tell i'm an old Gundam fan.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 15 2003,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about an Ogre tank: tounge.gif

OgreVI.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

*knocks on guba's door*

Package for General Guba....  crazy.gif   biggrin.gif

lol it looks kool. I wonder how big the minigun will be... on martin's bot that is

Anyone looked at Martin's site? He scrapped the bot because someone bitched about it and said it looked bad.

I wish people would learn to help by making suggestions instead of saying something "sucks, worthless, etc..."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Feb. 17 2003,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone looked at Martin's site?  He scrapped the bot because someone bitched about it and said it looked bad.

I wish people would learn to help by making suggestions instead of saying something "sucks, worthless, etc..."<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, people shouldn't bitch about addons, unless they have something constructive to say.

But addon makers also should be thin skinned and overly sensitive.

If noone ever made anything that someone didn't criticize, we'd still be living in caves eating nuts and berries. confused.gif

Love that OGRE. I've gotten into Addon making in the past week, and with the generous assistance of Sigma-6, who sent me examples of the original .hpp files, I've been able to make one functional tracked urban assault vehicle, in spite of the bizarre [to me] secrecy many addon makers seem to insist on.

Alone or with some help, I plan to make GEVs and other units from the OGRE/GEV games--I'm not sure about whether an OGRE can be done properly, since it has more than two sets of tracks, but I'll find out more as I go along. In any case, the actual OGRE is not as exciting to me as all the other units--when I played GEV with friends, we tended to create scenarios without OGREs.

I'm also planning to make hovertanks and "combat cars" like the ones seen in David Drake's _Hammer's Slammers_ book series.

Why do I reveal my plans, when others don't? Because I am not afraid of someone else making a 'competing' addon. Go ahead; I'll play it and enjoy it. If I feel like mine would be better, I'll keep making it anyway. I'm not doing it for money, after all. I do this for fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mooncaine @ Feb. 19 2003,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Love that OGRE. I've gotten into Addon making in the past week, and with the generous assistance of Sigma-6, who sent me examples of the original .hpp files, I've been able to make one functional tracked urban assault vehicle, in spite of the bizarre [to me] secrecy many addon makers seem to insist on.

Alone or with some help, I plan to make GEVs and other units from the OGRE/GEV games--I'm not sure about whether an OGRE can be done properly, since it has more than two sets of tracks, but I'll find out more as I go along. In any case, the actual OGRE is not as exciting to me as all the other units--when I played GEV with friends, we tended to create scenarios without OGREs.

I'm also planning to make hovertanks and "combat cars" like the ones seen in David Drake's _Hammer's Slammers_ book series.

Why do I reveal my plans, when others don't? Because I am not afraid of someone else making a 'competing' addon. Go ahead; I'll play it and enjoy it. If I feel like mine would be better, I'll keep making it anyway. I'm not doing it for money, after all. I do this for fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Look for an awesome addon called Mamoth tank! It uses quad tracks and might help you. I'm not sure who made it, but I would like to congratulate who ever it was on a job well done smile.gif

Only prob I could see with some ORGE tanks. Not being able to use all the guns those things have dripping off of them sad.gif Maybe a separate gunner mounting script?

I will look for that; thanks! I sure would appreciate more info on where to find it [anyone?]. I hope it can be decompressed and examined, so I can learn from it. It so totally sucks that addon makers try to hide what they've learned in files that can't be decompressed.