sirrah

Beginner - Having difficulties with Showcase Infantry

Well, not a complete beginner, but I picked up Arma 3 (Ultimate edition for €33 sale on Steam) again yesterday after not having played for over 6 years

Anyways, I don't want my 1st post to be a rant one, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here.

I thought I'd try the first mission that I came across in the main menu "Showcase: Infantry"

My absence from this game must have made me rusty, because whatever I do, my entire team is shot down within the first 10 minutes, including myself.

Is it me, or is this mission quite impossible. It is as if all enemies prioritize me over the rest of my squad, are able to see through bushes and trees and aim with superhuman precision.

I tried reducing the difficulty (set enemies to novice and enabled the "less damage" tick-box), but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Any advise?

Also any advise on a nice and atmospheric campaign for a beginner? (considering I have the ultimate edition content)

Or are there any user made campaigns that I should definitely not miss out on?

(Edit: oh, I see I already posted 3 times before on this forum 😄. Is DUWS still a thing?)

Are you into ZOMBIES? (Many missions around. Some are good, some are not)
Do you prefer to be a MERCENARY? (SP campaign)
Or maybe a Pilgrim? (LOTS of ports to different maps)

That's all I play.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gaverio said:

Are you into ZOMBIES? (Many missions around. Some are good, some are not)
Do you prefer to be a MERCENARY? (SP campaign)
Or maybe a Pilgrim? (LOTS of ports to different maps)

That's all I play.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @gaverio, MERCS and Pilgrim look very interesting 👍

Are there also any must have desert (Afghanistan like) maps/campaigns out there?

4 hours ago, sirrah said:

Are there also any must have desert (Afghanistan like) maps/campaigns out there?

Not a campaign but a huge mission with over 15+ objective (tasks) set literally on Kunduz Afghanistan.

If your interested check it out:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/223200-the-isil-foothold/

• Thanks 1