VigorCrashMaster

Campers/Mortar Strikes/Alarm - DISTRACTING

The mortar strikes and alarms on campers is more of a significant annoyance to game play than it is a help.  The alarms and mortars are annoyingly loud and a frustrating distraction to other game mechanics... primarily sound cues.

If an anti-camping mechanism must be part of game play, then please consider other options to discourage camping.  Here's a couple suggestions just off the top of my head:
1.  They start taking damage.
2.  They are marked on the map.
3.  Their ability to move becomes significantly reduced after they have been camping.  This might sound counter-intuitive at first since you want to encourage movement and discourage stationary players.
4.  Perhaps a combination of 2 and 3 would place the stationary player hiding in a bush for 5 minutes at a significant disadvantage during combat.  This would essentially eliminate any advantage they might gain by camping.

Finally, I don't see "camping" as a problem at all in Vigor.  Even with the new anti-camping mechanic, there are still plenty of times people hide in bushes and then surprise you and get the first shot off.  THIS IS PART OF THE GAME.  If an anti-camping measure must be implemented, please PLEASE consider other options.

• Like 2

I completely agree with you! I cannot hear clearly whats going around me when the alarm and mortar is going off even when I'm quite far away!Not talking about when you are in the middle of gunfight!

• Like 1

Agree that this "camping issue" is not a real issue.  I saw campers this season and they just modify there manner to do it..  I hope that the noise and other stupidity remove in the next season.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and contributing to this discussion 🙂 We are aware that changes must be made to the anti-camping systems in game, which is why the team is working on tweaking it and making improvements 💪 You can look forward to it being better for sure! 🍅

THis one is easy to add, like in the cool water... 

- They start taking damage

But keep in mind that it's not run and gun game I think.  It's need a lot of different kind of player to make a game funny to play. Sometimes, ambush are an issue.. Campers too when you are tracking by two players that play together in solo mode too...

There is a SIMPLE solution to this problem. Even two. That won't break the game.
1. A mortar strike must not be preceded by a siren and flare release, which allow the player to run out of the radius of the affected area. Let the player know that he has come under fire only by the fact of the falling mines. At the same time, the roar of the siren will not interfere with other players.
2. Make the portable signal detector more affordable. Reduce its cost and the level of the crafting workbench and make the blueprint not purple, but white, so that it is more often found in white boxes. Or make it reusable. Then any player afraid of campers can use it.

But in general, camping is an important part of the game. It is also not correct to completely exclude him from the gameplay.

• Like 1

"I dont care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, ill bleed ya, real quiet.."  -mac 

Its not team death match. Anyone that runs around with their head cut off, does not understand military sims.  I camp some especially when I'm going against 3 players and I'm solo. Maybe players that don't camp should be more careful and treat the gameplay like it was real combat, not call of duty. Camping/tactical moving from cover to cover is the only way to combat aim bots.  I suggest adding a shovel to the game for foxholes. Please do not turn this into every other shooter where youth and fads are the priority.  Stay unique.  

• Like 3

I love this game. I had not found anything else as enjoyable as the TombRaider franchise until Vigor came out. It’s flippin’ brilliant. Please keep growing! Happy to contribute to suggestions so yes I agree the siren is annoying (but more so to those in the room with me who do not play the game!) but it is very relevant so not sure what could replace it - my suggestion - perhaps different less annoying warning sounds e.g randomised nature-based/rural warning sounds (Wolf, fox, owl, bear attack, tractor engine, wood-sawing etc?)

The camping issue - Maybe the threat of a mountain wolf slow damage bite if you are too long crouched in one spot - so you are still able to camp but just not for a ridiculous amount of time 🙂 Love the idea above for the shovel too.

• Like 2