Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

Zimbabwe train crash

The space shuttle accident get all the media coverage while at least 40 dead africans do not get hardly any at all.

This is not an anti-american post, just a reminder that all lives are worth as much. No matter nationality.

Those astronauts knew the risks with their jobs. The passangers of the train were propably just on their way home to their families.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/02/01/zimbabwe.train/index.html

Please, take your time and read about it.

Today truly is a horrible day. I hope nothing else serious happens.

My condolences go out to the familys of the victims in the train crash. Just like those of the shuttle accident.

Well, to be fair, train crashes and the like are pretty common in third world countries.

Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?

"Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?"

The same moderators who are about to whop your ass for that remark?

(Since it is racist and highly unappropriate)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Feb. 01 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?"

(Since it is racist and highly unappropriate)<span id='postcolor'>

Don't even bother to comment it.. Let the mods deal with it.

Awfull...

to be living like that and still have some of the worst disasters hit you. I can't believe the suffering that goes on in Africa and other poor nations (lol, continent-nation) around the world. Suffering is universal, but it seems to hit the poor more often.

Not a great day really for anyone sad.gif We have quite a few train de-railments and such here in Britain, so I can understand how upsetting it can be for the families of the victims.

I feel sorry for their families because those people were everyday people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Feb. 01 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?"

Oh no, "racism"! Quick, get it off me!

I wonder if the Zimbabweans who are murdering white farmers care too much about being called "racist"?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pjsmith @ Feb. 01 2003,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, to be fair, train crashes and the like are pretty common in third world countries.

Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?<span id='postcolor'>

Bye bye posting rights.

Oh no not more Bad News sad.gifsad.gif

again my heart goes out to the loved ones of both tragedys sad.gifsad.gif Truly a very sad Day in History sad.gifsad.gif

Jesus, today is for some reason cursed, 40 people, 7, Man today is going to be a rough day for many people.

My prayers go out to all of the tragic events that have shaped history to this date.

P.S. I still get nightmares from the WTC towers, that killed me. sad.gif

Yes truly sad, but I won't lose my sleep over it. Fact is, this happends almost every day and mostly we don't care that much. I believe we are becoming blasÄ about it - and that's truly sad too! Maybe incidents like this doesn't appear to be as "spectacular" as the space shuttle accident and therefore doesn't get the proper mediacovering and reactions from us - the public.

sad.gif

Well if bad things happen in da world nobody gives a f..k, but when it happen in the us then it´s a big grief...figure that out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if bad things happen in da world nobody gives a f..k, but when it happen in the us then it´s a big grief...figure that out <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, here we go again.......

How about you quit your fucking whining? The sad truth is, accidents like that happen often, and it is very unfortunate. I bet the train accident is getting more coverage in Africa than the Space shuttle accident. It all depends on your locality.

Use some common sense. A space shuttle leaves a smoke trail for hundreds of miles over the U.S., scattering debris everywhere and you expect a train accident that happened half a world away to get more coverage in the U.S.?

Anyways, my prayers go out to those survivors in the hospital and the families of the victims.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 02 2003,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if bad things happen in da world nobody gives a f..k, but when it happen in the us then it´s a big grief...figure that out<span id='postcolor'>

When was the last time a non-US space shuttle exploded in flight?

It's not the people that died.It's what happen,you don't see this stuff everyday.Heck a train crash here happens all the time in america(probably 2 every year),it's only on the news for a day, a week if high kill count.Just like when that russia sub sunk.It was on news for months.If an afirca country creates something big,and never seen before and it crashes you will see it on the news.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pjsmith @ Jan. 31 2003,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Feb. 01 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Who really cares about Bongo Bongo Land anyway?"

Oh no, "racism"! Quick, get it off me!

I wonder if the Zimbabweans who are murdering white farmers care too much about being called "racist"?<span id='postcolor'>

Haha, the funniest part is that this guy is totally wrong smile.gif