Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Tales of war rangers released...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Feb. 02 2003,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you dont need the marines for the rangers to work or visa versa. We know the M4 sopmod textures are cheap. We know there are texture bugs. We know a lot. but this wont be sorted for some time yet.. Maybe sort the m4 sopmod by releasing a new one but the other things will not be done anything with yet. The only texture bug ive found is that when you shoot some of the men there are no blood textures. But as i said: this one is on the shelf for some time... If you want *better* ones  wink.gif  download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif

Jahve out<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know if you guys are blind or what but to me that looks like a direct attack on BAS' work BEFORE anyone from that team even posted here.  As far as I can tell Evis was just defending BAS' work, although he might have gone a little overboard doing it.

But anyways this whole discussion is stupid so in an effort to get it back on topic: your Rangers are a very promising beta, but they need some work.  I would also have to say that they look a little too similar to your very excellent Marines.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... Jahve should have posted an apology because like you I noticed that the thread was humming along nicely until Jahve made that inflammatory remark.   I respect both the TOW and BAS mods so I'm pretty neautral.   The other members of the BAS team on this thread have gone out of their way to post apologies and all that but it's a shame that Jahve didn't post an apology of some sort as well.  In fact nobody on the TOW team posted any type of apology.  Instead another TOW team member jumped in dragging other past quarrels with BAS "individuals" to defend Jahve's behavior.  

I wish Frandsen would jump in and make an apology on behalf of TOW as I don't think he would be too happy if he saw that thread where some of his teams members are disgracing their team's hard work by attacking other mods and on a thread about their own addons no less.   I'm just glad that at least most of the BAS members are acting as mature adults... I hope to see TOW eventually do that as well.  

But until then, I hope they keep working on these addons as they look good but still need a bit more work.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok, installing the marine packs fixed all but one of my skin problems. I am missing the face of the sniper, thats it. So, I can live without it until you fix it. GJ on the add on

Frandsen here    crazy.gif

yaw!  whats all the hubup?!

pls rember that when the Rangers (TOW) were made the marines was allso in the works, they were infact ment to be togethere in a US pack but due to the lack of propper weapons they didten.

im not saying what pack you should use but personaly i use en both, im proud of my work and its my gift for all you OFP fans, its variants of real life units and not ammo for a muddfight,

so just enjoy what you get/have  and stop fighting

this is my last poste befor i join the army (in 10 hrs from current time)  

(time is 0140 CET Monday 03 Jan '03)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ Feb. 02 2003,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, installing the marine packs fixed all but one of my skin problems. I am missing the face of the sniper, thats it. So, I can live without it until you fix it. GJ on the add on<span id='postcolor'>

hey, your right, no wonder i noticed at close range they became all white, somehow that didnt happen on another computer im usin confused.gif and again, nice work... i want em in desert to tounge.gif !!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 02 2003,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Feb. 02 2003,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you dont need the marines for the rangers to work or visa versa. We know the M4 sopmod textures are cheap. We know there are texture bugs. We know a lot. but this wont be sorted for some time yet.. Maybe sort the m4 sopmod by releasing a new one but the other things will not be done anything with yet. The only texture bug ive found is that when you shoot some of the men there are no blood textures. But as i said: this one is on the shelf for some time... If you want *better* ones  wink.gif  download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif

Jahve out<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know if you guys are blind or what but to me that looks like a direct attack on BAS' work BEFORE anyone from that team even posted here.  As far as I can tell Evis was just defending BAS' work, although he might have gone a little overboard doing it.

But anyways this whole discussion is stupid so in an effort to get it back on topic: your Rangers are a very promising beta, but they need some work.  I would also have to say that they look a little too similar to your very excellent Marines.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... Jahve should have posted an apology because like you I noticed that the thread was humming along nicely until Jahve made that inflammatory remark.   I respect both the TOW and BAS mods so I'm pretty neautral.   The other members of the BAS team on this thread have gone out of their way to post apologies and all that but it's a shame that Jahve didn't post an apology of some sort as well.  In fact nobody on the TOW team posted any type of apology.  Instead another TOW team member jumped in dragging other past quarrels with BAS "individuals" to defend Jahve's behavior.  

I wish Frandsen would jump in and make an apology on behalf of TOW as I don't think he would be too happy if he saw that thread where some of his teams members are disgracing their team's hard work by attacking other mods and on a thread about their own addons no less.   I'm just glad that at least most of the BAS members are acting as mature adults... I hope to see TOW eventually do that as well.  

But until then, I hope they keep working on these addons as they look good but still need a bit more work.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I agree with most of that... Jahve shouldn't have called the BAS Rangers/Delta's lollipops. I can't "control" the entire TOW crew, so what he said was personal.. not as a TOW member.

With "another member jumped in" your probably talking about me. tounge.gif I haven't defended Jahve for saying that lollipop thing. As far as I see it i haven't said anything wrong.. Im just defending the weeks of work we spent on the Rangers, which doesnt seems to be appreciated by some persons. Thats ok, but then dont insult TOW or me. ( on this forums, opflash forums and on IRC )

Thats the way I see it. confused.gif For the persons that insulted each other ( from both TOW and BAS ), apologizing would be a good option here. wink.gif This topic started as some feedback on our work... thats ok... but it ended in a insulting flame war.

"BAS' lolipop-looking rangers " --- so yummy you could lick them.

Remember, it's just a game.

SelectThis smile.gif

Just read this whole thread to get an answer on texture problems.

Had a good laugh over the bunfight in the middle.

One question: will the issue of need another addon pack for textures be resolved? This is a beta, right?

Guest jacobaby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ Feb. 03 2003,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Remember, it's just a game.

SelectThis smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

DAMN!

And here was me looking for holiday brochures to Everon......

tounge.gif

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Feb. 03 2003,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DAMN!

And here was me looking for holiday brochures to Everon......

tounge.gif

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif  it is a real island u know

map_krk.jpgmap_everon.jpg

Source

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 03 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A little off topic but too-tall started it!<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif "too tall started it" sure everything is myfault now isnt it! lol

For all of you what want desert rangers, my desert pack team is working on editing the ones from the desert addon that look awesome, so that they don't require frandsens marines or the btr70 addon just to work. We're going to release a whole slew of desert addons in one pack just like the nam pack so you guys can say just get the desert pack and then boom you'll be set.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Feb. 04 2003,18:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For all of you what want desert rangers, my desert pack team is working on editing the ones from the desert addon that look awesome, so that they don't require frandsens marines or the btr70 addon just to work.  We're going to release a whole slew of desert addons in one pack just like the nam pack so you guys can say just get the desert pack and then boom you'll be set.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be awesome! Can't wait to see that!

Will the Humvees be in it also? I remember some contraversy over the textures... perhaps with new desert textures?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well first we got to get maac and marfy's email to ask for permission. Then if we get it we'll keep the humvees.