Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e super stallion

CH-53E Super Stallion - Work in Progress.

Just something to light up the day aswell... since I can't keep beta testers to secrecy, and now nearly everybody knows about it...here are some CH-53E Superstallion early work in progress reports.

Features Include:

- Retractable gear

- AN/ALE-39 Chaff and Flare

- AN/AAR-47 Missile Approach Warning

- Openable rear ramp

- Openable Cockpit Windows

- Rotor Downwash

- Tail Rotor Failure

- Holds 37 passengers not including the pilots

- A mean look. smile.gif

And other important information is included in the readme when this addon is released, and it will include a demo mission hopefully. Some of the techincal and model issues are not all my work, many talented people help in areas which I cannot cover.

And for the screenshots... smile.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_3.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_4.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_5.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_6.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_7.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_8.jpg

Release date is unknown, but I pray it will be soon... It's been lying on my hard disk for some time now, It's about time I had a go at it.

Enjoy for now. smile.gif

P.S. I apologise BAS for a so called 'beta tester' posting pics on your topic. I'm having him edit the screenshot.

[EDIT] Sorry for the pic problems.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 28 2003,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it have the Gear Security system, like u cant do gear up while landed

?<span id='postcolor'>

That would depend on user action. IRL, you'll have to raise the gear yourself, and when it hits the ground...then you're pretty much screwed if you dont lower the gear. smile.gif

You should make a version without the downwash effect since some people dont have the CPU to handle the animation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Jan. 28 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should make a version without the downwash effect since some people dont have the CPU to handle the animation.<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't experience problems with this one. I tested it on a P3 700 and it worked. Plus, it's known to be the least performance-demanding. That's vektorborson's.

10-15 fps in ofp resistance. biggrin.gif

geforce 4 mx 420

celeron 500mgz

195 megs sdram

not all of us are even that lucky

play beacuse the game rocks biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Jan. 28 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CH-53E Super Stallion - Work in Progress.

since I can't keep beta testers to secrecy,

P.S. I apologise BAS for a so called 'beta tester' posting pics on your topic. I'm having him edit the screenshot.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif bite me. .you NEVER told me i couldnt show screenshots. you gave it to me and told me to put flares on it. u never told me i couldnt show it to anyone. if u wanted it to be top secret u should tell that to ppl. . . .

oh and u want to get all pissy with me?. . .may i remind the good players of Operation Flashpoint of this?

your theivery

so tell us scorpio. . . .whos model is this?. . .whos work did u take this time for "your" CH53E?

Does it have a door gun?

----

Too Tall, do you just enjoy whining and causing trouble or what? Seriously, go back and look at the history of your posts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 28 2003,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too Tall, do you just enjoy whining and causing trouble or what? Seriously, go back and look at the history of your posts.<span id='postcolor'>

actualy ya i do. but this guy is an an offcial asshole. . .he never once did his own work. and hey side with him if u want but he is still a 1st class asshole in my book. and all my freinds agree.

you really expect us to believe you have friends?

If Scorpio slapped my mother, I would STILL consider his claims more valid, as his history within the community is not as,

ahem,inflammatory as yours.

Some people need to learn how to develope thick skin.

Actually this model is the reason he is not a member of the BAS team anymore. They had doubts that it wasn't his and he's off the list, furthermore i think i have a pretty good idea of who's this model is. Here we go...

Before summer brake i was still is the Afghan Conflict MOD and we had a very good modeler with us called CrakinShot. One day he started working on the CH53 on my request and before I went on holidays I saw a picture of it. Then for the next 1 and a 1/2 months I had no access to a computer. After summer brake I came back and spoke to Crakin who said he hooked up with scorpio (i introduced them b4) to work on the CH and then later claimed that Scorpio tried to give it to some MOD team saying it was his and with no credit to Crakin. About a month later Crakinshot went to a university and I never heard of him since then.

I have no way to prove that this is really his but its justa overwhelming ammount of evidence....

And im not opposing the release of this model but please as long as you STATE ITS ORIGINAL AUTHORS!!

<span id='ME'><center>Soul_Assassin says f*ck to plagerism</center></span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Jan. 29 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you really expect us to believe you have friends?

If Scorpio slapped my mother, I would STILL consider his claims more valid, as his history within the community is not as,

ahem,inflammatory as yours.<span id='postcolor'>

oh yeah and it's not the first (or even the second) time we see this happening withScorpio on the list.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Jan. 29 2003,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and all my freinds agree.<span id='postcolor'>

oh, then it must be true. wink.gif

So let me get this straight, he let you beta test his model, and you turned around a did a royal screwjob on him?

Looks like someone won't be getting any more beta testing work.

As for claiming it as his own model -

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Jan. 28 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some of the techincal and model issues are not all my work, many talented people help in areas which I cannot cover.<span id='postcolor'>

Just for you Too Tall  wink.gif

i just posted at a forum about a minute ago on the subject of telling a hint that has helped me through life that i think you guys accusing scorpio of theft should probebly read. i just dont feel like typing it again. please do and follow my advice, i get mad seeing people who may be right, may be wrong but make remarks that destroy people

now im a very firm believer in watching what i say and confirming every accusation i make before i make it. I looked at that model that scorpio alledgedly "stole". I also recognized that it cost $150 and did not include textures. i dont want to be an ass but i also dont want the reputation of, in my mind, a good person who may or may not have done something wrong. I have several of scorpio's addons and i am happy .. i guess whast i am saying is becarefull, you neverknow all the facts of what happened but its your responsiblity to see the facts and get all of the facts, then make a non inflammatory confrontation personally, then if it doesnt have the desired effect, then post it here. you may have scorpio figured wrong, you may not, but just either let it go, confront him personally, or admitt your wrong dont destroy him. like i said, i dont wanna seem like an asshole, or a preacher, this has helped me through life and resolved many situations, dont ruin him without telling him.

thanks

josh

@ pecker. . no he dint let me beta test this model. .dont know where he got that idea. he was too lazy to do scripting on it so he sent it to me.

secondly i dont give a rats ass if he bought or stole this shit. . . what i do give a rats ass about is credit. . . he "makes" all these addons and says "oo oo i made this. . its all mine. .i did this" when its bull. . .u will NEVER see him say "yes i bought this 3d model and im only textureing it" becuz he is too egotistical

I like the sea stallion. According to fas.org its used alot in rescue operations. I wish that the rivets all around it on the sides weren't so visible but its the silver version what else can i say? Perhaps on an all black version the rivets wouldn't be so visible but its the Sea Stallion and I'm happy to be able to play with it. Here are some photos of this excellent helicopter.

ch-53-980117-N-5961S-002.jpgmh-53j-dfst8909541.jpgch-53-1999416b3guys.jpgch-53e-dvic304.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Jan. 29 2003,00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually this model is the reason he is not a member of the BAS team anymore. They had doubts that it wasn't his and he's off the list, furthermore i think i have a pretty good idea of who's this model is. Here we go...

Before summer brake i was still is the Afghan Conflict MOD and we had a very good modeler with us called CrakinShot. One day he started working on the CH53 on my request and before I went on holidays I saw a picture of it. Then for the next 1 and a 1/2 months I had no access to a computer. After summer brake I came back and spoke to Crakin who said he hooked up with scorpio (i introduced them b4) to work on the CH and then later claimed that Scorpio tried to give it to some MOD team saying it was his and with no credit to Crakin. About a month later Crakinshot went to a university and I never heard of him since then.

I have no way to prove that this is really his but its justa overwhelming ammount of evidence....

And im not opposing the release of this model but please as long as you STATE ITS ORIGINAL AUTHORS!!

<span id='ME'><center>Miles Teg Soul_Assassin   says f*ck to plagerism</center></span><span id='postcolor'>

Actually you are wrong Soul Assassin.   I saw that model you are refering to and it was a very different model with many things different about it such as having different landing gear positions, no refueling probe, different textures, no fuel tanks, ect.. ect....  If he somehow did use your friend's model in some way then he sure as hell heavily modified it.  

Also, I seem to remember some silly issues issues over why your friend's helicopter was never released...  that is assuming we're talking about the same CH-53 creator...one whom Scorpio fully acknowledged I must add. If so then your friend should have found another skinner and released the addon himself. He had loads and loads of time to do so.  I'm not saying that Scorpio hasn't made some mistakes in th past, but don't go accusing people of things without any evidence.  You sound like George Bush when you do that.

To Scorpio:  I don't particularly care for Too Tall's attitude in most of his posts on this forum, but if you didn't warn him about posting pics then it's something that should have been told even if it does seem obvious that you shouldn't do that.

To Too Tall:  You should have shown some common courtesy and asked Scorpio if you could post some screenshots since the topic of addon screenshots is touchy with some addon makers.    Getting permission is also not hard to do considering Scorpio is usually easy to get ahold of.

A little courtesy goes a long way. Adding fuel to the fire doesn't help. If you want to accuse him of stealing this addon then at least do so with some evidence otherwise it just causes people's opinion of you to go way down. You probably don't care, but it does matter in a social forum like this one unless you enjoy having posting rights taken away and stuff like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg, that was a nicely put non-bias answer!

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys some of the model is mine.. and some is

Scorpios.. and Too Tall has now worked on it and someone elses.. (I'm not sure who)

Scorpio told me it was a friend of his that worked on parts of the model ..

either way I havent heard the originator complaining..maybe they should if there is a problem.. but i doubt there is.. I rewrote some of the model because it had way to many faces.. so either way..

Scorpio can't take all the credit and he hasn't.. I cant either.. i have only some parts of the models also.. its a collaberation of a bunch of people for this model.. so what the big deal?  well there is non..

so just relax..and enjoy the game :)