Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Doped pilots

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 24 2003,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should not get more than a slap on the wrist.  At least I hope not.

They WERE forced to take pills.  If you don't, you can't fly, and it's bad for your career.

Plus it was an ACCIDENT.  ACCIDENTS happen.    It's not like they did it on purpose maliciously.  

They should not be punished for something they did not intend to do, especially sinse it wasn't really their fault.<span id='postcolor'>

A drunk driver does not run over children on purpose,shouldn't he be punished as well?

Either the pilots or the brass who started this thing,depending whether or not it's voluntarily

Yeah you can't defend them, they are guilty of FF. Aren't Americans taught 'Drugs are bad, mmkay?'

The USAF should not be structured so that it is bad for a pilot's career if he does not take 'performance enhancing' drugs that lead to mistakes.

The RAF stopped using them after the second world war i think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Mar. 24 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 24 2003,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should not get more than a slap on the wrist.  At least I hope not.

They WERE forced to take pills.  If you don't, you can't fly, and it's bad for your career.

Plus it was an ACCIDENT.  ACCIDENTS happen.    It's not like they did it on purpose maliciously.  

They should not be punished for something they did not intend to do, especially sinse it wasn't really their fault.<span id='postcolor'>

A drunk driver does not run over children on purpose,shouldn't he be punished as well?

Either the pilots or the brass who started this thing,depending whether or not it's voluntarily<span id='postcolor'>

Well I guess some people just NEED to have SOMEONE to blame.

That's what's wrong with our society these days.

If something goes wrong, everyone wants to see that SOMEONE is found responsible, it doesn't matter who as long as justice is exacted with vengeance.

People cannot accept that sometimes accidents happen, and that the best thing to do is accept it and move on.

People always need to feel that SOMEONE must be found responsible.

Therefore forcing people working in the justice system to prosecute someone no matter what, just because the stupid masses need to see someone held accountable.

I think it's exactly this syndrome that makes everyone want to sue everyone these days.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A drunk driver does not run over children on purpose,shouldn't he be punished as well?<span id='postcolor'>

A drunk driver chooses to get drunk and drive. These pilots had little choice.

You can 'spin' it all you want in whatever direction you like.

But the simple facts are, these pilots over reacted and four candians died as a result. And that deserves more than a slap on the wrist.

I'd say the same thing if this had been Canadians accidentally killing americans.

Oh.. I forgot.. we dont kill our allies by accident that often. tounge.gif

Allright, here are the facts about this whole mess

-According to the U.S. Airforce, "go pills" are completely voluntary

-According to the lawyer of one of the pilots, "go pills" are mandatory.

-According to a military judge, the pilots were at fault and there is enough evidence for a court martial

-According to the same military judge, he dosen't think the pilots should face a court martial, even though he believes the incident was their responsibility, and that there is enough evidence against them crazy.gif

Does anyone else think there is something extreemely fishy at work here? Especially when you consider the timing when this was made public...at the beginning of the war when it was likely to get buried amongst other news - although this may backfire now that we've had two Brit pilots killed by American SAM operators - gee I wonder what they were hooked on.

Someone needs to be held accountable if these FF incidents are to stop, and it dosen't look like that'll happen confused.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 25 2003,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can 'spin' it all you want in whatever direction you like.

But the simple facts are, these pilots over reacted and four candians died as a result.  And that deserves more than a slap on the wrist.

I'd say the same thing if this had been Canadians accidentally killing americans.

Oh.. I forgot.. we dont kill our allies by accident that often. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If when you say "spin" you really mean looking at things from a realistic angle, then yes.

"But the simple facts are, these pilots over reacted and four candians died as a result.  And that deserves more than a slap on the wrist."

Where did you get these simple facts from?  The fact about who is at fault is still in debate.

I think all that really should be done is that the pilots be given professional counseling to help them deal with their guilt(the poor fellows  sad.gif . I feel bad for them)so that they may one day return to the skies defending our United States.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 25 2003,02:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where did you get these simple facts from?  The fact about who is at fault is still in debate.

I think all that really should be done is that the pilots be given professional counseling to help them deal with their guilt(the poor fellows  sad.gif .  I feel bad for them)so that they may one day return to the skies defending our United States.<span id='postcolor'>

Who is at fault has already been identified by the judge - the pilots.

As to their supposed feelings of guilt, I've been following this very closely from the beginning. They've done nothing but point the finger at anyone else they can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 25 2003,02:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 25 2003,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can 'spin' it all you want in whatever direction you like.

But the simple facts are, these pilots over reacted and four candians died as a result.  And that deserves more than a slap on the wrist.

Oh.. I forgot.. we dont kill our allies by accident that often. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If when you say "spin" you really mean looking at things from a realistic angle, then yes.

"But the simple facts are, these pilots over reacted and four candians died as a result.  And that deserves more than a slap on the wrist."

Where did you get these simple facts from?  The fact about who is at fault is still in debate.

I think all that really should be done is that the pilots be given professional counseling to help them deal with their guilt(the poor fellows  sad.gif .  I feel bad for them)so that they may one day return to the skies defending our United States.<span id='postcolor'>

the poor fellows?

How about the families of those four Canadian soldiers?

Where is the justice for them?

kidnap them and get them to canada to put them to court. This is what the US would do. It´s a shame that these guys are not punished the regular way, especially if you take this into consideration:

"The head of the probe said the men showed "reckless disregard" for standing orders against attacking, ignored briefings about allied troop locations and should have simply flown their F-16s out of the area."

The decision is a rude slap into the faces of the families who lost relatives, sons, husbands...

Quote[/b] ] Schmidt, who dropped the bomb, said he believed the jet had been ambushed by Taliban forces.

rock.gif Ambushed? Are these guys perma-stoned from the go-pills or what?

Damn, I was just going to post here. mad_o.gif Looks like the Americans want immunity here as well, you go to war along side with em and that's their damn integrity.

Thank Chretien he didn't go to Iraq with the stupid jackass US forces, who can't tell who's who before shooting.

Quote[/b] ] Schmidt, who dropped the bomb, said he believed the jet had been ambushed by Taliban forces.

rock.gif Ambushed? Are these guys perma-stoned from the go-pills or what?

Must've been flying carpets. crazy_o.gif

flying-carpet.jpg

They're being punished, just not charged with anything criminal. I don't see how this is different from any other friendly fire case. It was an accident brought on by the drugs they were forced to take, not some maverick fighter pilot going akimbo style on some muzzle flashes he saw.

They were found to be reckless FS, you can blame drugs all you want.

They're being punished, just not charged with anything criminal.  I don't see how this is different from any other friendly fire case.  It was an accident brought on by the drugs they were forced to take, not some maverick fighter pilot going akimbo style on some muzzle flashes he saw.

I possibly agree but then hang the idiot(s) that allowed this in the first place.

The first 4 combat fatalities since the Korean War and all these canadians got their panties tied in a knot.

We don't get out much, do we?

-=Die Alive=-

I possibly agree but then hang the idiot(s) that allowed this in the first place.

Exactly. And that ain't happening. Go-pills are still being given out. Why? Because the Air Force already concluded it was the pilot's recklessness that caused this. The whole "The pilots were doped" thing was a lawyer's gimmick. Otherwise you'd be seeing the Air Force discontinuing their use ASAP.

No I guess you don't get out much DieAlive, we are talking about some pretty moronic training and policies inthe US forces. Shoot first and ask questions later, because it's all a game, and we're always the good guys, and we will never be held responsible anyway.

The only thing that matters is gain and victory for the american leadership and forces, fuck responsibility and the life of innocent people or our allies. wink_o.gif

EDIT: That's the thing, at least one would think go-pills would have been prohibited by now and someone up the chain of command would be held accountable, but nothing.