Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Commerical question

Hope this doesn't get closed...

Anyway...for all you Americans out there..

I'm looking for the song used in the FOX Nascar/Daytona 500 commercial.

Its all very dramatic. First of the commercial itself is very FOX-like. A bunch of quick shots of cars crashing and general mayhem. The last crash the tire bounces toward the camera and everything is blacked out. Then the words come up with the announcer that says Nascar is coming back to FOX.

The song I am after I swear is from a movie. But its classical, with only a chorus singing "Ah" (or how ever chorus' sound when the go ah).

If any of you know that song PLEASE let me know. I'm dyin' over here. It's drivin' me nuts cause I know I know this song.

So you want us to name you a classical song that has singing in it.

i'm going to need more information, haven't seen this commercial either. where is it playing?

Wish I could help you out on that, except I have not watched all that much TV lately... Canadians get FOX as well, so hey, err eh. smile.gif

EDIT: This might get closed, if it does, I think we can all understand why. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 14 2003,05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wish I could help you out on that, except I have not watched all that much TV lately... Canadians get FOX as well, so hey, err eh. smile.gif

EDIT: This might get closed, if it does, I think we can all understand why. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Err...well...

I think the song was in a MILITARY movie.

Maybe that will do it confused.giftounge.gif

Not singing per se. Just a chorus going "AH" to the tune of the music.

I think I know what you are talking about, with the choir in the background going "ah" (I know that is a really inadequate description), and it's all dramatic and Fox uses it in a commercial at least once a year. I just don't know the name of it, and I doubt you'll have much luck on Kazaa searching for the "ah" song...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 14 2003,06:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I know what you are talking about, with the choir in the background going "ah" (I know that is a really inadequate description), and it's all dramatic and Fox uses it in a commercial at least once a year. I just don't know the name of it, and I doubt you'll have much luck on Kazaa searching for the "ah" song...<span id='postcolor'>

Who says I would use Kazaa!?

*eyes dart back and forth*

Yeah that is the song...I think they used it for the World Series as well. ARGGHHH!!!

This is gonna be the death of me!

Ah,

ah,

ah,

ah,

stayin' alive, stayin' alive...

Ah, never mind. smile.gif

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Jan. 14 2003,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.cscentral.com/fun/flash/operation_gates.php

Is it that?<span id='postcolor'>

That's O'Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.

Edit: Here is a midi version of it

Anyway, hurry up since this topic is really too offtopic. The only reason why I've left it open is because I know how annoying it can be when one can't remember a song.

How offtopic is offtopic? tounge.gif

I've been wondering about that song for a while... thanks for letting me finally know what it was tounge.gif

*downloads with kazaa*

i usually only download songs I already own on CD, but I figured this would be public domain anyway. tounge.gif

and, even though it soudns like it a lot, most operas have more lyrics than "ah ah ah ah", they're usually in a foreign (wel, non-english, might not be foreign to some) language. but there are some great ones in english. look for "amahl and the night visitors". it's a christmas tradition for my dad biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 14 2003,07:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: Here is a midi version of it <span id='postcolor'>

Umm, that's pretty synthed up. Kind of loses the forcefullness in the translation I guess. But anyhow, that is the exact song I was thinking of; I'm just glad that there are people here who aren't as culturally illiterate as I am (so that I can learn by osmosis smile.gif )

The same version was used for a trailer to the movie Aliens...its quite a forceful music. Techno opera music and heavy support weapons and sentry guns blazing away....ah, sweet.

OOOOOHH FORTUNA smile.gif

Carmina Burana(sp?) rocks

and there's oneother song i like , it's a little bit different to "Oh fortuna" , it's called "voyage to avalon" by kenjii kawai , very relaxing (can be found in 2 versions , normal and orchestral , this soung is from the OST of the movie Avalon)

My orchestral music tastes only go so far to some of the pieces in conan the barabian tounge.gif and that funny piece thats used in documentries when dealing with russians.

Orchestral Music....closest thing to that I listen to is Metallica's S&M CD

Thx denoir and Blackdog, i have been wondering about the titel and i finally got to know it smile.gif finally i can do my thing

Last year, and I think the year before as well, Fox released mucic CDs with songs that they played (or music inspired by...) on the Nascar telecasts.

I have Nascar Crank it Up (came out last year), and I might of heard that song on it, I dont remember it, but check out an online CD store for it and check the titles of the songs, you might see it there.

btw, I got it mostly for Slayer's version of Born to be Wild.

And I got a question, there this punk song, been out for past 2 years, maybe longer, heard it played in the clubs many times, and its pretty good to mosh to, but I never got someone to tell me who its from, and its basically, a lot of "OHHHHhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhh OHhhhhhhhhhhhh OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh oHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh for most of the song, but there's a couple of spoken verses in it as well.  Some people told me Bad Religion but not sure of the song title.

Thanks.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Jan. 14 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Orchestral Music....closest thing to that I listen to is Metallica's S&M CD<span id='postcolor'>

The best Metallica CD since M.O.P smile.gif