Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

"Anyone remember the 100kb rule? Next time it will be easier for me just to delete the post... "

People wonder why I couldn't be bothered to post here...

"Anyone remember the 100kb rule? Next time it will be easier for me just to delete the post... "

People wonder why I couldn't be bothered to post here...

The forum rules are there for everyone to read. The 100kb rule is there mainly for the benefit of people with slower connections, so the pages don't take forever to load.

I went to the trouble to convert all the the > 100kb images to clickable links.

Don't feel like I'm singling you out - heck, they ARE great pics, and I'm glad you posted 'em. smile_o.gif

Isn't the Javelin fired from a sitting position, with a bipod to rest the launcher on? Or am I thinking of the Dragon?

the dragon is on a bipod, the javelin you are probably correect about but they/we (erm, but im a beta tester) don't want to delay the addon to make new anims when it works perfectly fine as is.

did i ever mention i am buying an M-47 dragon? smile_o.gif

I do belive it can be fired from either position... If you remember during the war those group of Marines by the road side preparing the Javelin to be fired, when the Javelin Operator yells 'Theres something wrong with the missile!'

He was crouching... When the pack is released, an animation update ***MIGHT*** be possible at a later date for the Javelin System, you will have to ask Suchey about that though...

I guess they are your nice hummers as I have never seen that exhaust system on a published hummer unless I missed something.

I can't tell you how long I've been wanting an M47 dragon ingame...

IMHO, it would have been a better choice than the Carl Gustav as the primary heavy AT weapon for the West in OFP right from the start...

I'll take some pictures for someone if they want to make it. Mine won't come with optics though (otherwise it'd be illegal to have in California, actually, the United States)

I'll take some pictures for someone if they want to make it. Mine won't come with optics though (otherwise it'd be illegal to have in California, actually, the United States)

So you can buy a missile if it just don't have the aiming device or is a practice one??

STGN

web_030206-M-5753Q-008.jpg

I've noticed on various AT weapons that ring of grey polystyrene-like material around the rear of the tube. What is it for?

Quote[/b] ]I've noticed on various AT weapons that ring of grey polystyrene-like material around the rear of the tube. What is it for?

Pretty sure its just protective, to stop you damaging anything sensitive when you bang it against things.

I like the idea of the icons showing the primary weapon system and not some garbled soldier with a gun that you cannot make out.

Maybe its for protection from the back blast or to absorb the shock or some other material that might spring from the back upon firing? rock.gif

On the M136 AT4 (Pskott M86) the funnel in the back of the weapon functions as a muffler of sorts. On the AT4 it's made out of aluminum wich is suited with shock absorbing material. But I am not sure about what the funnel-looking thing on the Javelin is for.

So you can buy a missile if it just don't have the aiming device or is a practice one??

STGN

You can get a missile launcher if it doesn't have it's sights or if it's modified not to shoot anymore no matter what you do with it. If you have an actual missile, as long as it is filled with an inert substance, it should be legal in most states (except california, but who says it's stopping me?).

Also, single shot launchers like the M136 and LAW can be obtained fairly easily (not necessarily the M136, but the LAW is often found on ebay).

rite evil planin forming by loadsa laws and invade a country rock.gif

thoses picture are amazin jocko

Guest major gandhi

I know you will beat me up for asking this, but i don't want to read all 84 pages of this thread. So i will simply ask: When are you going to release them?

The BAS Desert Pack + MARPATs...I'm drooling on my keyboard tounge_o.gif .