Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Mt-lb pack release 2 !

just thought about one thing .....

would it be possible with a new animation to make the gunner to turn out , but instead of turning out , the missile turret would fold itself as shown on the pic ?

that wait , when set in careless or security behavior modes , they would look like that and when an enemy aircraft would be located it would fold up ....

it's just a small idea , but i doub't that it can be made .... but give it a try tho smile.gif

SA-13_Gopher_Russe_04.jpg

-edit-: new pic :

SA-13_Gopher_Russe_06.jpg

and , by the way :

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyReco/AlloPass/Page_Base_Allopass.htm

Army Recognition's webmaster did that , it doesn't cost too much and is a real goldmine when it comes to small details

this will give you a 24 hours access for 2 euros/dollars (no download restriction) to a whole database of 1024*768 pixels high-res pictures

2 exemple photos :

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec...._01.JPG

PSC.... PSC... iiiuuuujjjuuuu! here is the people's good-mood- killer guy biggrin.gif

As I wrote before here is my second bug report for the next version (and sure the last one so better talk or stay quiet forever wow! hehe).... I think I search pretty close in all units and found these last (and little) ones... -please moderators forgive for this time the quantity of pics posted but I try to make them little and very specific for show the last bugs found-

PIC 1 to 3: For the MT with ZU gun over (all versions)

Again when the LODs changes these are the things that happens...

mt-zu-1.jpg

mt-zu-2.jpg

mt-zu-3.jpg

PIC 4 to 6 : The nice ZU-23 (all versions) shows these ones...

mt-zu-4.jpg

mt-zu-5.jpg

mt-zu-6.jpg

PIC 7 & 8 : SA-13 (all versions) strikes back once again with those ones... (in pic 7 where says : "mora" I want to write "more" tounge.gif LOL! a bad bug inside my "bug report" !!! haha too late to change it haha That was PSC bad energy arriving here haha

mt-zu-7.jpg

mt-zu-8.jpg

And well I think these plus the other ones are all the bugs I found crazy.gif The units are so detailed and if you multiply the LODs with all the different unit models sure have to be hard keep track of each detail. Hope these pics will help to find them fast  and kill them forever, yeah!.

Oh!! I forget... a little config.cpp bug... when you go out any version of the MT-lb (the machine gun version) the commander says that you must "get in" into "unknown"... In other units (SA-13 or MT with ZU) he says "tank" or in ZU-23 "machine gun" all those are OK, but please change the phrase for the MT-Lb's... Now yes is time for play a little for the units hehe Please don't forget the idea posted before for the missile pods. Thanks!!

Vik out.

ps: of course PSC no need to say that if you want some humble help with the testing before release 2.2 when you have the time and energy here I'm ready for check all units...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 12 2003,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and , by the way :

Army Recognition's webmaster did that , it doesn't cost too much and is a real goldmine when it comes to small details

this will give you a 24 hours access for 2 euros/dollars (no download restriction) to a whole database of 1024*768 pixels high-res pictures

2 exemple photos :

http://www.ifrance.com/ArmyRec...._01.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

monthly pay or lifetime?

And maybe paint the zu-23-2 barrels black since there is no paint in the world that sticks in that heat. Barrels are black in default color and without paint.

Holy Shit! Thats a lot to comment!

Let me begin with the last post.

On this screen you can see pretty good that the color of the barrel is the same than the color of the gun itself (green).

gun.jpg

Looks like they found a color that can resist the heat.

Next thing, regarding the turret folding animation. It's a good idear, but I think it's a too complicated animation. I'm not even sure if it is possible in real life to fold the turret automatically without removing some parts of it manually.

I like the "Garda" sign on the SA-13 you posted Vikingo. Is it from a movie?

Regarding the LOD changes. The reasons for LOD's is to get rid of details at far distances that people would not recognize anymore to increase performance. And some of the detail I get rid of first are things like antennas, handles, pipes, round objects in general (ammo on ZU-23-2). They add most of the polygons, and if you want to save polygons you have to somehow get rid of them.

Also there is no interior inside the vehicles from LOD 3 on. You would not recognize anything inside the vehicles at that distance anymor, and so I can save polygons by getting rid of it. Thats the explanation for the colorchanges behind the windows.

But I see that I applied the wrong texture to the inner side of the ZU-23 at the second LOD. I'll fix that ASAP.

Regarding the shadow, I'll fixed that.

Also I'll add a more realistic reload time to the ZU-23 after the 200 shots of one load.

The phrase for the MT-LB is "APC" (the commander should say "APC"). I fear the problem is that the commander does not recognize his own vehicle wow.gif Thats why he says "unknown"...

Regards, PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Jan. 13 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Next thing, regarding the turret folding animation. It's a good idear, but I think it's a too complicated animation. I'm not even sure if it is possible in real life to fold the turret automatically without removing some parts of it manually.<span id='postcolor'>

ah too bad smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like the "Garda" sign on the SA-13 you posted Vikingo. Is it from a movie?

<span id='postcolor'>

if this is the pic of the dark green SA13 that's firing i gues it's from the movie called "behind enemy lines"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 13 2003,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 12 2003,19wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and , by the way :

2 exemple photos :

monthly pay or lifetime?<span id='postcolor'>

2 euros for 24 hours

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 13 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 13 2003,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 12 2003,19<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and , by the way :

2 exemple photos :

monthly pay or lifetime?<span id='postcolor'>

2 euros for 24 hours<span id='postcolor'>

Advertising for your friends ran? wink.gif

j/k biggrin.gif

Very nice Job, Thx for the great addon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 13 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Advertising for your friends ran? wink.gif

j/k  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh , i know the webmaster of this site and he does a great job smile.gif

it's one of the most used info sources of the net for what's about armored vehicles smile.gif

i dont know if its already seen but i cant shoot the gunner on the ZU on the MTLB

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 13 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know if its already seen but i cant shoot the gunner on the ZU on the MTLB<span id='postcolor'>

yup ur right.........not even in its back mad.gifwink.gif

Very good pack .........keep up the good work

I tried to make the gunner vulnerable, but without success. I think it's a game limitation. I'm not sure though.

PSC

did you make new animations for the gunner? because that can be one cause of the problem...

Yes, the gunner has a new position (animation). But I tested some things (like if the gunner is vulnerable or not) with standart animations.

PSC

well on making new animations, i found that they need to be very carefully defined in the cpp in order for the proxy to take the shape of the animation, and to provide an accurate damage proxy. I came across this problem when making new animations for the MH-60, and the only way around it is to define a p3d of the same shape as your gunner, as the proxy for the position. See the demo models for an example of this.

BTW, proxies for gunner positions are one of the only proxies that can be connected to the otoc hlaven and vez selections, so that will not be the problem...

The proxy of the gunner is a triangle. Same as the proxies in the demo model. Only in the HitPoints LOD the gunner is a cube. You think I should add a more detailed gunner proxy with legs and arm etc. in the HitPoint LOD?

I'm not sure, but I think I remember that I tried to shoot the gunner of the M113 with a helicopter MG while the chopper was hoovering above the M113. And I think it was not possible. Maybe BIS did not make the HitPoints LOD of the M113 accurate enough, but I also could imagine that it is just not possible to shoot the crew of a tank while they are "turned in" (even if they are not like with the gunner if you know what I mean).

Also you can shoot the gunner of the standalone ZU-23 quite accurate. And the gunner has the same proxy and animation.

PSC

yeah, i'm sorry my post wasn't very clear.

all proxies are triangles, however, the shape that the triangle reprsents is set by a p3d file. This file contains 1 lod, and that is the position in which the gunner/driver/commander is sitting, and allows the game engine to work out the hit points.

So i would suggest making a more detailed fire geometry, ensuring that there are no convex objects, and that the proxies are placed in exactly the same position throughout.

Hm, I'm not sure if we used the same methods to make custom animations. Also I admit I'm not very much into that at the moment. I'm pretty happy that I was able to make a custom animation at all.

I used the tool OFP Anim. You load a demo model (a motion capture model to be exactly) and an animation into that tool (a RTM file). After that you can edit the animation and save it as a new RTM. I never created my own P3D for a custom position. Only a RTM.

Regards, PSC

P.S.: The guys who made the animation tool did a great job. And the support at their forum was great as well. Thanks a lot again.

The sheet metal bunker is missing from my installation of the Mt-lb...

I can't find it in the Lavos or Objects directory, and when I tried to load a mission that I had previously used this bunker in, I got an error. sad.gif

Otherwise this is a very fine addon!

I took it out of the pack because it was not finishe (texture and collusion bugs). But I'll include it with the next update.

PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Holy Shit! Thats a lot to comment! <span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Too late... you create a monster (here) or several ones that went crazy cos your addons haha

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Looks like they found a color that can resist the heat.<span id='postcolor'>

Like it green tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like the "Garda" sign on the SA-13 you posted Vikingo. Is it from a movie?<span id='postcolor'>

yeah! Thanks for tell me what was that sign smile.gif Is from the movie "Behind enemy Lines" you MUST see that. There you will see the SA-13 in action against a F18 and who wins??... ahh!! see it...  wink.gif

The great thing is that with your addon and the F18 addon I was trying to simulate the movie and I did it well hehe

Also in the movie you can see nice parts with BMPs and T72s... A shame that the end... Well I will don't write about the end but the only I will say is that those UH helis were TOO much lucky with all those 12,7 mm NSVT guns and other guns at less than 100 meters of fire distance from them... bahhhh!!! You know the "good" always wins. But the part of the F18 and SA13 is very NICE!

Rent it/buy it when you can...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding the LOD changes. The reasons for LOD's is to get rid of details at far distances that people would not recognize anymore to increase performance...<span id='postcolor'>

thanks for the detailed explanation PSC ! I thought that something like that was the reason of some of the "bugs" I post. Just want to let you know all and each little thing I found that maybe you want to bring back to the models hehe Specially in the two or first three LODs so the vanish will don't be that much visible. bah! Read ME telling YOU how to make things inside O2 LOL biggrin.gif All I write is in a humble way, you know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. I fear the problem is that the commander does not recognize his own vehicle<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!! Got it.

That's why I tell you the other day that the commander don't have to drink those brew of water-sugar and colorant that came from the lands of capitalism! but... you left them inside units the same, that IS the real reson of this bug!! haha  biggrin.gif

Good luck with the next version (and thanks for make one), I will be watching with the big eye that all see wink.gif

Vik

Hey now vik, what y'all got against Coke?

And puhleeze don't judge the relative strength of ANY military based on Hollywood, any actors that actually served in combat are dead by now, and the directors are all left-leaning militaryhating pansies.

ot- I think by putting it on the MT OFP redefined it as a turret, which means <to ofp,anyway> that the gunner is "inside" now and cannot be hit,

Suma? a little input please?